PDA

View Full Version : IU football coach Terry Hoeppner to undergo surgery tommorow

Playadlc
09-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Indiana offensive coordinator Bill Lynch will be taking over as interim head coach for the Hoosiers effective today. Coach Terry Hoeppner, in his second season with the Hoosiers, will be taking an unspecified leave of absence. He is scheduled to have surgery performed tomorrow by his neurosurgeon Dr. Marshall Poor, who had this to say.

"An MRI scan displayed evidence of a possible recurrent tumor," Poor said. "Surgery is planned to resect the tumor, and I would anticipate a return to work in two to four weeks."

Indiana University will be holding a press conference tonight at 6:30 where IU athletic director Rick Greenspan, Hoeppner, and Lynch will be in attendance.

Hoeppner had surgery this past winter to remove a brain tumor. This latest surgery is related to that condition. We will have more on this breaking story as it becomes available.

Just horrible news. Forget the football stuff, Coach Hoeppner is a great human being. I sure hope this turns out okay.

http://iuhoosiers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091206aab.html

Newport Red
09-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Ex - Miami coaches are taking a beating lately. My prayers go out.

Matt700wlw
09-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Thoughts and prayers to coach Hoppner, and his family.

He's a good man, even if he did help Ben Roethlisberger become a Steeler ;) :D

RedFanAlways1966
09-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Prayers to Terry and his family. I hope all end's well.