PDA

View Full Version : Funny Rain Delay Stories

Ltlabner
09-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Got any funny rain delay stories? Lots of zainy things can happen during those 3 hour rain delays.....

I forget the game, but it was a month or two ago and there was a lengthy rain delay. My father and I spent the majority of it eating in the machine room on the portch.

In the midsts of the downpour two younger doofs decide it would be cool to sit out in the bleachers, in the rain. After some time, and apparently not enough attention, they decided to take off their shirts.

Then to up the ante, they start horsing around. Then, to really get the women all wild, they start dancing.

Apparently, forgetting that rain soaked bleacher benches can be slippery one of them attempted to hop up on one (perhaps to rip of a fantastic series of dance moves). In doing so, he lost his footing and completely face planted.

Most of those on the Machine Room porch exploded with laughter.

Suddenly, sitting in the rain wasn't so cool anymore and they slinked off under the stands.

bradmu
09-12-2006, 08:02 PM
I assume a lot of you all have heard the Adam Dunn Banana Phone call...but for those of you who haven't, its hilarious.

http://www.getsportsinfo.com/lance/bananaphone.mp3

guttle11
09-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Once, a bunch of family friends went to a Dragons game in the first week of the season. It snowed. They had almost an inch before they called the game.

Spitball
09-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Comedian Jonathan Winters, an avid Reds fan, did a classic rain delay with Joe Nuxhall and later with Jack Buck. He did his famous retired baseball player routine only he was introduced as a real former player named (I think) Alan Meadows. Winters was truly one of the funniest comedians of all time.

BoydsOfSummer
09-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Has the famous Rick Dempsey Oriole rain delay performance ever been matched?

Spitball
09-13-2006, 08:13 PM

I saw a minor league game years ago in which an El Paso player pulled off the same performance at Ray Winder Field during a rain delay. I don't remember his name, but Greg Vaughn was on the team.

Edd Roush
09-14-2006, 10:38 PM

I guess I'm too young for this one. Any one care to elaborate?

gilpdawg
09-14-2006, 11:09 PM
I remember a bunch of Cubs players doing some stuff during a delay at the first night game at Wrigley. 1989?