PDA

View Full Version : It aint over yet

icehole3
09-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Call me an idiot, but just like the Reds lost their grip on the wildcard in one week they can get it back in one week. Thats how crazy baseball is. Call me crazy, but it can happen. So until theyre eliminated Im not giving up. I have faith in Krispy and the crew.

oneupper
09-15-2006, 07:50 AM
OK...you're crazy (you told me to say so) :D

Natty Redlocks
09-15-2006, 07:50 AM
You're an idiot. Just kidding. What gives me hope is the Reds have been terrible against the West all season, so this series was in character. They've been very good against the Central, and that's where most of their remaining games are. It ain't over til it's over, dangit.

GitRDunn
09-15-2006, 09:36 AM
You're an idiot, and I'm not kidding. If you can't hear the fat lady singing, then you need to go get some hearing aids. :laugh:

scounts22
09-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Call me an idiot, but just like the Reds lost their grip on the wildcard in one week they can get it back in one week. Thats how crazy baseball is. Call me crazy, but it can happen. So until theyre eliminated Im not giving up. I have faith in Krispy and the crew.

I'm with ya!

(You all can call me a moron, I guess:wave: )

roby
09-15-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm with ya!

(You all can call me a moron, I guess:wave: )

Moron! :laugh:

cumberlandreds
09-15-2006, 10:34 AM
I like your enthusiasm but I hate to tell you that you are a crazy idiot. ;)

durl
09-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Anything can happen, you're right. I wouldn't hold my breath, but you never know.

Sean_CaseyRules
09-15-2006, 11:47 AM
I guess that I'm an idiot too because I believe in the Reds and we are going to make the playoffs this year!!!!

icehole3
09-15-2006, 01:08 PM
OK call me a ******bag, but we got Chicago - Houston - Chicago. We can can get right back in this thing.

Chip R
09-15-2006, 01:18 PM
OK call me a ******bag, but we got Chicago - Houston - Chicago. We can can get right back in this thing.

Unfortunately, the Reds haven't done too well against the Cubs this year. Now Lee's back and Ramirez - who always kills us - is hot, it might not be very pretty.

Jr's Boy
09-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Looks like Narron's frustrated too.Did you see how Harang just tossed him the ball when he took him out of the game?I didn't see Narron say anything to him as he walked to the mound,just gave him a look.Of course if I was Narron I would be pissed too after int.walking a batter to get to the pitcher and Harang walks the pitcher to loads the bases.

goreds2
09-15-2006, 01:41 PM

I am not giving up either.

This scenerio is not impossible.

Reds go 12-4
Cards go 6-11
We win the Division. :pray:

I think we now have too many teams to leap over in the Wild Card chase.

Natty Redlocks
09-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Unfortunately, the Reds haven't done too well against the Cubs this year. Now Lee's back and Ramirez - who always kills us - is hot, it might not be very pretty.

But Maddux is gone and Zambrano is hurt. Rich Hill is currently their "ace". Dempster is struggling badly; they used Howry to close yesterday. If the Reds can't beat the Cubs, THEN I'll believe it's over.

Danny Serafini
09-15-2006, 02:24 PM
7 left against the Cubs and 3 against the Pirates makes for plenty of winable games, but at this point it's going to be reaaaaaal hard to catch up.

zombie-a-go-go
09-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Guys... it's over.

We'll get 'em next season.

zombie-a-go-go
09-15-2006, 02:53 PM
(Nothing has gone right for me this week, so here's hoping that the streak continues)

HotCorner
09-15-2006, 03:05 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/images/030717roseanne.jpg

icehole3
09-15-2006, 05:23 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/images/030717roseanne.jpg

Stop that!

Look call me an old kook. Im telling you guys its doable. 1 good week and we're back tied I tell ya.

Red Leader
09-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Reds beat the Cubs today.

Now we need:

L.Cormier to beat D. Willis and the Marlins tonight
R. Clemens to beat B. Myers and the Phils tonight.
J. Suppan to beat J. Schmidt and the Giants tonight
G. Maddux to beat D. Wells and the Padres tonight.

If all of that happens, we'll be tied with SF and PHIL, 3.5 games behind the Padres.

bradmu
09-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Reds beat the Cubs today.

Now we need:

L.Cormier to beat D. Willis and the Marlins tonight
R. Clemens to beat B. Myers and the Phils tonight.
J. Suppan to beat J. Schmidt and the Giants tonight
G. Maddux to beat D. Wells and the Padres tonight.

If all of that happens, we'll be tied with SF and PHIL, 3.5 games behind the Padres.

While very slim, i think our best chances are winning the Central. We're going to either have to win out, or see the Cardinals go on a 3rd 8 game losing streak (or something to that degree). Climbing over 4-5 teams being 4 games out in the wild card just seems like too many things are going to have to go exactly our way.

Red Leader
09-15-2006, 06:17 PM
While very slim, i think our best chances are winning the Central. We're going to either have to win out, or see the Cardinals go on a 3rd 8 game losing streak (or something to that degree). Climbing over 4-5 teams being 4 games out in the wild card just seems like too many things are going to have to go exactly our way.

We're 5.5 games out in the Central.

We don't play the Cardinals anymore this season.

The Cards have:

3 vs SF FRI-SUN.
3 @ MIL MON-WED
4 @ HOU THUR-SUN
3 vs SD MON-WED
4 vs MIL THUR-SUN

They have no more off days.

Not exactly an easy home stretch there. SD and SF are playing pretty well right now. If MIL can get real hot over the next couple weeks, we've got a shot at this thing.

Blimpie
09-15-2006, 06:18 PM
OK call me a ******bag, but we got Chicago - Houston - Chicago. We can can get right back in this thing.http://www.tinymeat.com/img/blog/******bag.jpg

durl
09-15-2006, 06:18 PM

I don't like the situation, but I have to agree with you. In the Wild Card, there are too many factors in play. At least on paper, it will be easier to catch the Cards. I believe it's time to start pulling for whoever plays the Cardinals.

Red Leader
09-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Go Jason Schmidt!

icehole3
09-15-2006, 06:32 PM
http://www.tinymeat.com/img/blog/******bag.jpg

thats good.

You may wanna call me nuttier than Tom Cruise on Oprah but we win and the Cards lose and we're right in it.

Blimpie
09-15-2006, 06:47 PM
thats good.

You may wanna call me nuttier than Tom Cruise on Oprah but we win and the Cards lose and we're right in it.Actually, I didn't call you a

http://browndailysqueal.com/archives/******.jpg

you called yourself that....

I appreciate your optomism, but I just think that the Reds' playoff ship sailed three weeks ago....then it took on water...then it crashed against the rocks and burst into flames.

Natty Redlocks
09-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Stop that!

Look call me an old kook. Im telling you guys its doable. 1 good week and we're back tied I tell ya.

I agree with you. And it's nice they won. But watching them get shut out for most of the game by the likes of Les "I Am The" Walrond isn't exactly inspiring.

MaineRed
09-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Nobody will amdit that the media darling Marlins are out of it.

The Reds are one game behind them.

No reason to stop playing yet.

crazybob60
09-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Well let's see here, it was pointed out before a little bit but....

in the Central...

Cardinals have:
(2) vs SF; (3) @ MIL; (4) @ HOU; (3) vs SD; (4) vs MIL (No Off Days)

Reds (5 1/2 games back) have:
(2) @ CHC; (3) @ HOU; (4) vs CHC; (3) @ FLA; (3) @ PIT (1 Off Day)
(The FLA series scares me, but that could help us in the WC chase BIG time. The rest of them are central foes where as pointed out earlier, we have done very well against those teams this season, especially while on the road.

in the Wild Card....

San Diego have:
(3) @ LAD; (3) vs ARI; (3) vs PIT; (3) @ STL; (4) @ ARI (No days off)

Philadelphia (1 1/2 games back) have:
(2) @ HOU; (3) vs CHI; (3) vs FLA; (1) vs HOU (must be rain makeup or something); (3) @ WAS; (3) @ FLA (1 day off)

Florida (2 1/2 games back) have:
(2) @ ATL; (4) @ NYM; (3) @ PHI; (3) vs CIN; (3) vs PHI (1 day off)

San Francisco (2 1/2 games back) have:
(2) @ STL; (3) @ COL; (4) @ MIL; (3) vs ARI; (3) vs LA (1 day off)

Cincinnati (3 1/2 games back) have:

I hope this hasn't already been done earlier, just thought it would be nice in this concise little way here...

goreds2
09-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Well let's see here, it was pointed out before a little bit but....

in the Central...

Cardinals have:
(2) vs SF; (3) @ MIL; (4) @ HOU; (3) vs SD; (4) vs MIL (No Off Days)

Reds (5 1/2 games back) have:
(The FLA series scares me, but that could help us in the WC chase BIG time. The rest of them are central foes where as pointed out earlier, we have done very well against those teams this season, especially while on the road.

in the Wild Card....

San Diego have:
(3) @ LAD; (3) vs ARI; (3) vs PIT; (3) @ STL; (4) @ ARI (No days off)

Philadelphia (1 1/2 games back) have:
(2) @ HOU; (3) vs CHI; (3) vs FLA; (1) vs HOU (must be rain makeup or something); (3) @ WAS; (3) @ FLA (1 day off)

Florida (2 1/2 games back) have:
(2) @ ATL; (4) @ NYM; (3) @ PHI; (3) vs CIN; (3) vs PHI (1 day off)

San Francisco (2 1/2 games back) have:
(2) @ STL; (3) @ COL; (4) @ MIL; (3) vs ARI; (3) vs LA (1 day off)

Cincinnati (3 1/2 games back) have:

I hope this hasn't already been done earlier, just thought it would be nice in this concise little way here...

Nice information. THANKS.