PDA

View Full Version : Am I a Bad Man?

BuckWoody
09-15-2006, 09:42 AM
Yesterday marked my wife and I's 10th wedding anniversary. So today I am taking our girls up to their grandma and grandpa's for the weekend. Then I am going to treat my lovely bride to the Ohio State Cincinnati game at Ohio Stadium on Saturday. After that we'll drive down to Cincinnati where we have a room for Saturday night. We'll get up early Sunday and head to Paul Brown for the Bengals Browns game. Doesn't that sound romantic? Is that what every woman dreams of for their 10th anniversary?

Just curious... ;)

zombielady
09-15-2006, 09:44 AM
Yesterday marked my wife and I's 10th wedding anniversary. So today I am taking our girls up to their grandma and grandpa's for the weekend. Then I am going to treat my lovely bride to the Ohio State Cincinnati game at Ohio Stadium on Saturday. After that we'll drive down to Cincinnati where we have a room for Saturday night. We'll get up early Sunday and head to Paul Brown for the Bengals Browns game. Doesn't that sound romantic? Is that what every woman dreams of for their 10th anniversary?

Just curious... ;)

Perhaps you could pass that itinerary over to my husband... I would enjoy it! Happy Anniversary... Thursday was ours too, one month...:beerme:

dabvu2498
09-15-2006, 09:49 AM
I've got you one better.

My wife and I are journeying down to Knoxville for the 8 PM UT-Florida game (my wife's a UT alum), then getting up at 6 AM (traffic should be cleared up by then) to head back for the Bengals-Browns game.

No anniversary. That's just how we do it.

PS: Lots of orange in my weekend.

RedsFan75
09-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Well Buck, Zombie, and dabvu....

My anniversary will go NOTHING like that....

We're preparing for our 25th, and I'm looking for Mountain getaways, or something like that. She would be happiest with no TV's no radios, and definately NO Sports! For our 10th it was a romantic getaway at a victorian styled bed and breakfast.

If you're wife is into it Buck, sounds like you're a good husband, for my wife I would be a 'NO' if I planned an anniversary like that.

RBA
09-15-2006, 10:17 AM
We go trick or treating with the kids on our anniversary. How's that?

zombielady
09-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Well Buck, Zombie, and dabvu....

My anniversary will go NOTHING like that....

We're preparing for our 25th, and I'm looking for Mountain getaways, or something like that. She would be happiest with no TV's no radios, and definately NO Sports! For our 10th it was a romantic getaway at a victorian styled bed and breakfast.

If you're wife is into it Buck, sounds like you're a good husband, for my wife I would be a 'NO' if I planned an anniversary like that.

It's a given, that if anything is done in this house, it will involve baseball or football, I mean our honeymoon was supposed to be a trip to St. Louis to watch the Reds play the cards...

Gainesville Red
09-15-2006, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=dabvu2498;1160561]I've got you one better.

My wife and I are journeying down to Knoxville for the 8 PM UT-Florida game

QUOTE]

Be careful. I've heard Neyland Stadium is where the devil himself resides. It's an evil, foul place. If you absolutley have to go, don't bring any small children. They hurt them just for kicks there. I'm sure Krono will back me up. They'll try to seduce your wife with their black arts and force her to do terrible things to you while she's wearing a terrible colored orange shirt. It's a heinous orange and white checkerboard-endzoned hell on earth.

Gave you fair warning.

(Plus they don't have enough teeth in their mouth, and they smell funny.)

-Gators 35-10. Take it to the bank.

Blimpie
09-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Be careful. I've heard Neyland Stadium is where the devil himself resides. It's an evil, foul place. If you absolutley have to go, don't bring any small children. They hurt them just for kicks there. I'm sure Krono will back me up. They'll try to seduce your wife with their black arts and force her to do terrible things to you while she's wearing a terrible colored orange shirt. It's a heinous orange and white checkerboard-endzoned hell on earth.

Gave you fair warning.

-Gators 35-10. Take it to the bank.:laugh:

dabvu2498
09-15-2006, 11:09 AM

Gave you fair warning.

Thankfully she just went to school there. ;)

And for the record, I refuse to have any physical contact with her while she's wearing orange.

BuckWoody
09-15-2006, 11:10 AM
My wife enjoys going to the games so it should be a pretty fun weekend for both of us. I just thought a little light-heartedness in light of our team's recent performance would be fun for a Friday. Plus it's Oktoberfest downtown so that should be fun. We're hooking up with friends at the hotel. My biggest goal is to not be terribly hungover for the game on Sunday. :D

Our 25th will probably be a little more traditionally romantic since we'll be empty nesters at that point, with any luck.

BuckWoody
09-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Thankfully she just went to school there. ;)

And for the record, I refuse to have any physical contact with her while she's wearing orange.
You mean that creamsicle orange right? Not the beautifully deep orange hues of the Ohio football teams.

durl
09-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Hey, if your wife likes it, you da man! My wife would love a trip to a ballpark for anniversary.

Some mentioned Neyland Stadium. I've been there once. It's the only time I've seen a man urinate in a trash can. (Yes, he was a UT fan.)

dabvu2498
09-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Hey, if your wife likes it, you da man! My wife would love a trip to a ballpark for anniversary.

Some mentioned Neyland Stadium. I've been there once. It's the only time I've seen a man urinate in a trash can. (Yes, he was a UT fan.)

I'd hazard a guess that it wasn't the worst thing you saw there. I saw a guy whiz in a sink there. Sweet.

You mean that creamsicle orange right? Not the beautifully deep orange hues of the Ohio football teams.

I've told this joke a million times and I'll tell it a million more before I die.

Why do UT fans wear orange? So they can cheer for the Vols on Satruday, deer hunt on Sunday and pick up trash along side the road the rest of the week without changing clothes.

GAC
09-15-2006, 09:44 PM
If she divorces you I'll MARRY YOU! ;)

Highlifeman21
09-16-2006, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=dabvu2498;1160561]I've got you one better.

My wife and I are journeying down to Knoxville for the 8 PM UT-Florida game

QUOTE]

Gave you fair warning.

Took me almost 4 years of therapy to get Rocky Top out of my head after taking in a game with a HS friend who went to UT.

I've never heard a song sung with such gusto.

creek14
09-16-2006, 11:37 AM

Just curious... ;)
Where were you 14 years ago when I was still single?

Gainesville Red
09-16-2006, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=Gainesville Red;1160609]

Took me almost 4 years of therapy to get Rocky Top out of my head after taking in a game with a HS friend who went to UT.

I've never heard a song sung with such gusto.

Seriously. If you've never gone to a UT game, you just don't understand. The song is played over and over again. For 4 hours. It's like they're trying to hypnotize you. The song stays in your head for days.

I hate Tennessee, but I know the words to Rocky Top, so I guess they did their job.

SunDeck
09-16-2006, 09:54 PM

Just curious... ;)

Unless your wife is Wildman Walker, I can't imagine you getting away with this. Note to Buckwoody- she's gonna need something in a blue box, or number 11 is a solo night for you.

dabvu2498
09-18-2006, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=Gainesville Red;1160609-Gators 35-10. Take it to the bank.[/QUOTE]

Not quite... but the outcome was still correct!!!

Gainesville Red
09-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Not quite... but the outcome was still correct!!!

Yeah, I was way off.

Did you have fun?

BuckWoody
09-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Well, it's Monday morning and I'm Still Married! :eek:

We actually had a really great time. Our seats for Saturday were in the first row of C-Deck and we got to them just as the band was coming down the ramp. It just doesn't get any better than watching the ramp entrance...unless they line up and do the Double Script (which they did). After a slow start, the Bucks poured it on. Really fun to watch.

After the game we headed south to Cincy and got checked into our room at about 6:30. We met up with some friends at Oktoberfest and I proceeded to try to eat one of everything. I think I nearly succeeded. We may have had a couple of beers as well. It was absolutely packed downtown. With all of Fountain Square still block off, it really squeezed everyone together. Still it was a good time.

We slept in a little on Sunday and headed down to Lot D around 10:00. We passed off all of our tailgating supplies to our buddies on Friday so they brought it all down for us. The pre-game was great, weather was awesome, and the game (other than all the injuries) was fabulous.

My wife really does enjoy going to the games so I'm not really a "bad man"...even though 4 of you think so. ;) I need to cook up something really special for #15. Maybe NASCAR and baseball.... :evil:

dabvu2498
09-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I was way off.

Did you have fun?

I always do at UT games. My wife loves it... I have some friends that are there too. I wear a neutral color (unless my Commodores are playing) and try to just hide and watch the game. Atmosphere is pretty amazing.