PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers just hit 4 homer in a row. Anyone watching?

09-19-2006, 01:43 AM
They are down in bottom of the 9th by 4. Padres put in Atkins and he gives up back to back homers. They bring Hoffman in and he does to. WOW!

Looks like that is the fourth time in history that has happened- 4 conssecutive homers, according to Scully.

09-19-2006, 02:06 AM
WHat a game. Padres go up by 1 in the top of the nonth, and Nomar hits a 2 run homer to win. What an exciting half hour of baseball.

Ron Madden
09-19-2006, 02:14 AM
Wish I could've heard Vin Scully call the game.

cumberlandreds
09-19-2006, 06:49 AM
I just heard about the game. Wish I could have stayed up to watch it. I thought it would be pitchers duel between Peavy and Penny. Guess not. I heard the calls on ESPN this morning by Charlie Steiner. They were good but I would have like to have heard what Scully had to say about the game. I believe they said it was the first time since 1964 that four consecutive homers were hit. You just can't much more exciting than that with four straight in the 9th to tie the game and then a walk off two run homer to win the game!

klw
09-19-2006, 08:44 AM
There are bad losses and there are baaad losses but that is a epic loss. Hey San Diego you are about to go up a game and a half and are up by 4 in the bottom of the ninth. You have one of the games greatest closers in history. Oops.

westofyou
09-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Haa... I turned it off when the padres went ahead so the wife could watch something... whoops.

Blimpie
09-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Wish I could've heard Vin Scully call the game.I heard his call of Nomar's game winner. Believe it or not, he was kinda "speechless" for lack of a better word.

Don't get me wrong--he made a nice call--but he appeared to just need a few seconds to process what he had witnessed.

Blimpie
09-19-2006, 10:06 AM
There are bad losses and there are baaad losses but that is a epic loss. Hey San Diego you are about to go up a game and a half and are up by 4 in the bottom of the ninth. You have one of the games greatest closers in history. Oops.Sounds alot like the Marlins loss the other night in a game they HAD to win...They went up by four runs in the 10th inning--only to have the Braves score five in the bottom of the inning and defeat them.

09-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Those home runs came so fast I thought they were showing previous highlights or something. I'm not sure now if they all came off first pitches, but it seems like it.

dabvu2498
09-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Those home runs came so fast I thought they were showing previous highlights or something. I'm not sure now if they all came off first pitches, but it seems like it.

You're right, it did... and I was even watching. Here's the official pbp:

Dodgers 9th

Jon Adkins pitching:
Jeff Kent: Ball, Kent homered to center.

J.D. Drew: Strike looking, Ball, Ball, Drew homered to right.

Trevor Hoffman relieved Jon Adkins.
Russell Martin: Martin homered to left center.

Marlon Anderson: Anderson homered to right.

Julio Lugo: Lugo flied out to center

Andre Ethier hit for Takashi Saito.

Andre Ethier: Ball, Strike looking, Strike looking, Foul, Ball, Foul, Ethier popped out to shortstop.

Rafael Furcal: Furcal flied out to deep right.
End of Inning (4 Runs, 4 Hits, 0 Errors)

Blimpie
09-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Here's the link to the Dodger page where you can watch the Nomar video clip and hear the Vin Scully audio...

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20060919&content_id=1670281&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

Heath
09-19-2006, 11:27 AM
I heard his call of Nomar's game winner. Believe it or not, he was kinda "speechless" for lack of a better word.

Don't get me wrong--he made a nice call--but he appeared to just need a few seconds to process what he had witnessed.

Typical Vin Scully Call - though the chuckle at the end was uncharacteristic.

That HR music they play at Dodger Stadium - actually has a nice beat to it.

He has always let pictures tell the story - however - I think he forgot the radio audience on that one.

Best Vin call ever was the Gibson HR on Game One of the 1988 World Series. The Wheaties commerical was classic. (here's Gibson...on TWO bad legs....high fly ball right field....she's gonna be . GONE.....the IMPOSSIBLE has happened)

I always wondered whatever happened to the guy in the parking lot whose brake lights come on just after the ball clears the fence. Doofus. :D

dabvu2498
09-19-2006, 11:49 AM
He has always let pictures tell the story - however - I think he forgot the radio audience on that one.

Charlie Steiner was doing radio pbp at the time.

Heath
09-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Charlie Steiner was doing radio pbp at the time.

Was he? Wow - I still thought Vin did both and they similcast.

dabvu2498
09-19-2006, 12:03 PM
They switch off, I believe. Vin does more innings on TV than radio.

cumberlandreds
09-19-2006, 12:21 PM

Scully simulcast the first three innings,then Steiner and Rick Monday take over the radio broadcast. This is only for Dodger home games and some other west coast cities that Scully travels to.

TOBTTReds
09-19-2006, 05:49 PM
As much as I love hearing Vin call the games...he has NO excitement. Listening to all 4 HR's then Nomars, you would have thought he was a Padres announcer. No one gets the excitement going like Marty, nobody.

mth123
09-19-2006, 07:12 PM
How could they win? I thought Solo HR were rally killers.

TOBTTReds
09-19-2006, 11:44 PM
How could they win? I thought Solo HR were rally killers.

Someone send Chris Welsh the memo.

Ron Madden
09-20-2006, 02:25 AM
Here's the link to the Dodger page where you can watch the Nomar video clip and hear the Vin Scully audio...

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20060919&content_id=1670281&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

Thanks Blimpie. :thumbup: