PDA

View Full Version : Sick and tired of these celebrities (get lost, would ya?)

max venable
09-19-2006, 12:00 PM
So, who is it that it wouldn't bother you if you never saw or heard from them again?

Here are a few names I'll submit:

Paris Hilton

Michael Jackson

Donald Trump

Howard Stern

Britney Spears

Jesse Jackson :barf:

Barry Bonds (of course)

Jerry Springer (when's his 15 minutes of fame up?)

Pete Rose (hate to say it...but dude needs to just go away)

Paula Abdul (I love American Idol but I think Paula brings it down)

Anyone care to contribute to the list?

RedsFan75
09-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Man how can you forget
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes!

SO sick of TomKat!!!

max venable
09-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Man how can you forget
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes!

SO sick of TomKat!!!

Good call. And I'm already tired of their baby, too.

guttle11
09-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Bono

Megan Mulally

dabvu2498
09-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Can't have Paris Hilton without Nicole Richie.

Rachel Ray... Oprah too, for that matter... and Dr. Phil for good measure

Anyone on Fox News

Anyone who has a "Judge" show (Are they celebrities?)

Maury Povich

Ranier Wolfcastle.

That is all for now.

Patrick Bateman
09-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Megan Mulally

I'll second that.

09-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Bono

Red Leader
09-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Joan Rivers
Oprah
Dr. Phil
Tom Cruise (I know he's been mentioned, but needs mentioned by everyone)
Katie Couric

BUTLER REDSFAN
09-19-2006, 01:21 PM
brad pitt angelina jolie

Danny Serafini
09-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle.

Pretty soon you're going to be calling for Troy McClure as well, aren't you? :laugh:

REDREAD
09-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Brad Pitt .. (although I haven't gotten tired of seeing his two honeys yet). I never understood why he became such a big name in the first place. His acting is mediocre at best. I will go so far as to say that he sucks in some movies. I guess he made his money off his looks.

Rosie O'Donnel

Dr Phil. Now I have to listen to that idiot hawk online dating on my radio 1000 times/day.

Ellen DeGenerate. Why did Nemo have to resurrect her career? :( I enjoyed seeing her fade into oblivion.

Edit: I agree that Tom Cruise (and Oprah) need to be mentioned by everyone :lol:

zombielady
09-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton (though she makes a good slasher victim... as long as she's killed off first)

CrackerJack
09-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Lindsay Lohan

Ann Coulter

IowaRed
09-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Any "celebrity" on any "reality" show
Oprah
Not a celebrity but I've heard enough OnStar commercials
Terrell Owens
Bonds
Ben Stiller
Ashton Kutcher/Demi Moore
Puff Daddy or P Diddy or Diddy or whomever

REDREAD
09-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Sorry Red Leader, but I've got to say Snoop Dog as well. That guy tries to work his way into any movie or TV show he can, regardless of how tiny the role is. I think I rented about 5 movies in a row, where I had to see that guy (at least it seemed that way).

RichRed
09-19-2006, 04:19 PM
K-Fed

(I'm a little queasy even calling him a celebrity.)

WMR
09-19-2006, 04:19 PM
I thought Brad Pitt was excellent in "A River Runs Through It."

One of my all-time favorite movies.

Red Leader
09-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Sorry Red Leader, but I've got to say Snoop Dog as well. That guy tries to work his way into any movie or TV show he can, regardless of how tiny the role is. I think I rented about 5 movies in a row, where I had to see that guy (at least it seemed that way).

A man's gotta eat.

Fo Shizzle.

Unassisted
09-19-2006, 04:45 PM
I would argue that it's not hard to avoid these celebrities if you watch all of your television through a DVR and stay away from entertainment news. When you graze on TV, you will run into these overexposed people. Just be selective about what you watch or read and you can avoid them.

Dracodave
09-19-2006, 06:57 PM
K-Fed.
Oprah
Dr. &*** Phil
Tom Cruise (THe universal Retard)
Katie Holmes
President Bush
Dick Cheney..

The list goes on...

dman
09-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown
TomKat
Bonds
Though he's a good player, I get tired of Albert PooHoles

Even though I consider myself a social conservative, three conservative talking heads need special naming in this thread:
Bill O'Reilly
Sean Hannity
Ann Coulter
None of these are based on their political ideologies, but on how absolutely rude, crass, and abrasive these people are towards others. If they want a lesson on how to be conservative and still be able to talk decent to people they need to look to Joe Scarborough as an example.

zombielady
09-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Tom Cruise has made only one or two movies I thought were worth the film they were on. Born on the Fourth of July and maybe Collateral (but maybe not). I think someone should tell him that he's a bad actor, so he'll go away.

REDREAD
09-20-2006, 10:36 AM
I thought Brad Pitt was excellent in "A River Runs Through It."

One of my all-time favorite movies.

I didn't see that movie. I thought he was bad in "Troy" and not so great in that movie about the Irish Terrorists with Harrison Ford (A Tom Clancy story). His fake Irish accent was horrible.

In general, I try to avoid him, so I'm not sure I've seen any of his other movies.

Dom Heffner
09-20-2006, 11:04 AM
If they want a lesson on how to be conservative and still be able to talk decent to people they need to look to Joe Scarborough as an example.

The more I watch him, the more I agree with you here.

I get sick of his rah rah patriotic schtick he wears on his sleeve, but he can call a spade a spade sometimes. He did a real good job on the debates in 2004.

WMR
09-20-2006, 11:13 AM
I didn't see that movie. I thought he was bad in "Troy" and not so great in that movie about the Irish Terrorists with Harrison Ford (A Tom Clancy story). His fake Irish accent was horrible.

In general, I try to avoid him, so I'm not sure I've seen any of his other movies.

Hope you don't mind me posting this review by Roger Ebert, RR. I think he does a great job of capturing the essence of the film in his review. This is a flick that you really ought to check out. :)

A River Runs Through It

Three and a half stars

BY ROGER EBERT / October 9, 1992

Cast & Credits
Norman MacLean: Craig Sheffer
Paul MacLean: Brad Pitt
Rev. MacLean: Tom Skerritt

Directed By Robert Redford. Running Time: 123 Minutes. Classified PG.

Fly-fishing stands for life in this movie. If you can learn to do it correctly, to read the river and the fish and yourself, and to do what needs to be done without one wasted motion, you will have attained some of the grace and economy needed to live a good life. If you can do it and understand that the river, the fish and the whole world are God's gifts to use wisely, you will have gone the rest of the way.

This memory of a Western childhood was first told in a book published some 20 years ago by Norman Maclean, after he retired as a professor of English at the University of Chicago. It was a story his father told him he should some day try to write. The book was published to little fanfare by the university press, and immediately found an audience. Many printings later it is one of the sacred books in the libraries of many people - one of the books that actually taught them something, like Walden or Huckleberry Finn.

Redford's film version makes the crucial decision to keep Maclean's voice in the film; his own prose is read as a narration, by Redford, so that we do not simply see events as they happen, we are reminded that they are memories from long ago, and that the author has spent time and trouble to draw the lessons from them.

The movie stars Craig Sheffer as Norman, the older son, more serious, learning to write by taking his papers in to his father's study, invariably to be told, "Good. Now make it half as long." Brad Pitt is the younger brother, Paul, an impetuous, golden-haired free spirit who drinks too much and gets in card games, and wants nothing more than to stay in Montana all of his life, working for a newspaper. Norman has more serious aspirations; he wants to teach literature. But it is Paul who is the better fly fisherman, and who, at least one day, is perfect at what he did.

The movie was shot on locations that suggest the bounty of the Western states in those days. The towns uneasily straddle the divide between the modern and the frontier. As the boys grow up, they meet young ladies, and date, and consider their futures, and Redford elaborates on the book in ways which flesh out the characters of Paul and his mother, and some of the people in their lives, including a young Indian woman Paul dates in defiance of town opinion, and the high-spirited Jessie, (Emily Lloyd), who eventually becomes Norman's wife.

This must have been a very difficult movie to write. It is not really about the events that happen in it. They are only illustrations for underlying principles. Leave out the principles, and all you have left are some interesting people who are born, grow up, and take various directions in life.

Redford and his writer, Richard Friedenberg, understand that most of the events in any life are accidential or arbitrary, especially the crucial ones, and we can exercise little conscious control over our destinies. Instead, they understand that the Reverend Maclean's lessons were about how to behave no matter what life brings; about how to wade into the unpredictable stream and deal with whatever happens with grace, courage and honesty. It is the film's best achievement that it communicates that message with such feeling.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/river_runs_through_it/

70% positive on Rotten Tomatoes.

zombielady
09-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Brad Pitt has also made a few bad movies, but.. he played a good crazy person... 12 monkeys, Kalifornia... I wonder if his eyes hurt after 12 monkeys, or was that movie magic?

Red Leader
09-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Brad Pitt has also made a few bad movies, but.. he played a good crazy person... 12 monkeys, Kalifornia... I wonder if his eyes hurt after 12 monkeys, or was that movie magic?

He was great as a stoner in True Romance.

zombielady
09-20-2006, 12:49 PM
He was great as a stoner in True Romance.

Yes, yes he was. Actually I've enjoyed Brad Pitt in a number of movies. Meet Joe Black was by far the best comedy I've ever seen. Honestly the only part I really watched was when he got hit by the cars... that was wonderful!:beerme:

dabvu2498
09-20-2006, 01:34 PM

You're confusing your Irish Terrorist movies. Harrison Ford was in both. Pitt and Ford were in The Devil's Own... which was trash. Ford was also in Patriot Games, which was based on the Clancy novel. It also was not good... but not as bad as The Devil's Own.

And yes, Brangelina can go away anytime now.

Has anyone mentioned Ashton Kutchar and Demi Moore yet?

Blimpie
09-20-2006, 01:34 PM
He was great as a stoner in True Romance.Ah, the wonderful character known as "Floyd"

http://thelin.net/laurent/cinema/photos/true_romance/brad_pitt.jpg

"Don't condescend ME, Jack..."

justincredible
09-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Brad Pitt was also great in Fight Club and Snatch, two of my top 5 favorite movies.

zombielady
09-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Brad Pitt was also great in Fight Club and Snatch, two of my top 5 favorite movies.

Fight Club.. I anticipated that I would hate it, then finally a friend bamboozled me into watching. It wasn't at all what I expected. I thank that friend periodically, one of the better movies I've seen. I only caught a snatch of Snatch (yeah, I'm corny, live with it;) ). Wasn't that impressed... I did like The Mexican, though.

bradmu
09-20-2006, 03:07 PM
K-Fed

(I'm a little queasy even calling him a celebrity.)

Only because he's Britney's wanna be rapper husband. :)

Others would be:

Lindsey Lohan - Rumor has it she's moving to London...Yay!
Michael Moore - Make a movie that doesn't suck please.
Dancing with the Stars show - I can't beileve people watch that crap.
NickleBack - Everysong sounds the same, and not good.
Hilary Duff
Maurice Clarett - He just made one prison footbal team a whole lot better
and the ones already mentioned...TomKat, Kfed, Paris Hilton, etc.

zombielady
09-20-2006, 03:07 PM
You're confusing your Irish Terrorist movies. Harrison Ford was in both. Pitt and Ford were in The Devil's Own... which was trash. Ford was also in Patriot Games, which was based on the Clancy novel. It also was not good... but not as bad as The Devil's Own.

And yes, Brangelina can go away anytime now.

Has anyone mentioned Ashton Kutchar and Demi Moore yet?

Well, The Devil's Own, wasn't as bad as Firewall.

Actors I wouldn't mind seeing more of:
John Goodman
Brent Spiner
Steve Buscemi
John Lithgow
Oliver Platt

Ltlabner
09-20-2006, 07:39 PM
I've grown weary of any celeb who decides to take up a cause and then beat me over the head with how much they care and how I'm a big jerk.

Irrespective of the side of the political spectrum these folks are comming from, I don't really care what they think about their pet project. No matter how noble that cause may be I dispise people who's main tallent is singing (for example) deciding they are now experts on the Peruivan grain shortage crisis. Or that they can turn out a moderatley entertaining movie means they are suddenly versed in geo-politics.

For the most part these people aren't using their popularity to raise awareness about a given subject. They are using the plight of others to raise awareness about themselves so they might be more popular.

BoomerSoonerRed
09-27-2006, 11:43 PM
While I can't stand either Cruise or Pitt, personally, I'm getting a little tired of Matthew McConaghey (sp?). The guy thinks he's a good actor, when he hasn't had a good film since, since, since, well, Dazed and Confused. And his Longhorn fanboy status doesn't go over big with me, either.
That said, I'll probably go watch his performance in the upcoming movie about the Marshall football team.

RedsBaron
09-29-2006, 06:31 AM
While I can't stand either Cruise or Pitt, personally, I'm getting a little tired of Matthew McConaghey (sp?). The guy thinks he's a good actor, when he hasn't had a good film since, since, since, well, Dazed and Confused. And his Longhorn fanboy status doesn't go over big with me, either.
That said, I'll probably go watch his performance in the upcoming movie about the Marshall football team.

I was indifferent regarding McConaughey until he was in Huntington filming "We Are Marshall." He was extremely friendly to the Marshall community, has since made numerous appreciative comments in the media regarding Marshall and Huntington, and has gone out of his way to boost the school, not just the movie. McConaughey and film director McG will both be at the Marshall-Central Florida game next Wednesday. I'm a fan now.

oneupper
09-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Hugo Chavez.

OldRightHander
09-30-2006, 01:43 AM

I actually thought he was ok in Amistad.

Johnny Footstool
09-30-2006, 01:51 AM

He was amazing as Tyler Durden in "Fight Club" -- a special kind of crazy.

BoydsOfSummer
09-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Pete Rose
Terrell Owens

mth123
09-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Nancy Grace, Nancy Grace, Nancy Grace. I won't name any other annoying "Celeb" until she is off of my Telelvision forever.

REDREAD
10-02-2006, 03:54 PM

yeah, you're right.. it was the Devil's Own I was thinking about .. Bad movie.

REDREAD
10-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Hope you don't mind me posting this review by Roger Ebert, RR. I think he does a great job of capturing the essence of the film in his review. This is a flick that you really ought to check out. :)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/river_runs_through_it/

70% positive on Rotten Tomatoes.

ok Wily Mo, I'll check it out.

bomarl1969
10-03-2006, 08:20 AM
Jessica Simpson
Paris Hilton
Jessica Simpson
Micheal Moore
Jessica Simpson
Rock stars who are past their time and are trying to be hip to the young crowd
Jessica Simpson
Tom Cruise
Jessica Simpson
Al Sharpton
Jessica Simpson
Bill and Hillary Clinton
Jessica Simpson

max venable
10-03-2006, 09:26 AM
http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/images/movies/people/s/simpson_jessica/150x223.jpg:wave:

redsfanmia
10-03-2006, 05:16 PM
http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/images/movies/people/s/simpson_jessica/150x223.jpg:wave:

Who could ever tire of looking at Jessica? Her singing and acting skills are lacking but I could look at her for a month of sundays and never get tired of her.

Blimpie
10-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Who could ever tire of looking at Jessica? Her singing and acting skills are lacking but I could look at her for a month of sundays and never get tired of her.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/bloodylamer/bastardly-photos/0505/album13/jessica-simpson-acne-030601.jpg

Ltlabner
10-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Who could ever tire of looking at Jessica?

Other than the crazy eyes and semi-horse face you mean?

But to each their own...that is what makes the world go round.

redsfanmia
10-04-2006, 11:54 AM

You sound like my wife!!!!!!!!

WebScorpion
10-05-2006, 01:52 PM

Jessica Simpson has a FACE?!?! That IS news... :D

NO MO T.O.!! Pleeeease get him off my TV. :bang: