PDA

View Full Version : Griffey! Disappointment!

Griffey Fan 4
09-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Sorry this is a bit late, but I'm disappointed that Griffey is out with a broken toe. The Reds needed him badly!

RedLegSuperStar
09-21-2006, 09:07 AM
Let him heal and come back next season.. there's no point to bring him back now. Let him rest and come back strong next year.

Rotater Cuff
09-21-2006, 09:48 AM
The American League beckons!

flyer85
09-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Let him heal and come back next season.. there's no point to bring him back now. Let him rest and come back strong next year.Highly likely that his remaining seasons will look a lot like 2006.

westofyou
09-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Sorry this is a bit late, but I'm disappointed that Griffey is out with a broken toe. The Reds needed him badly!

I'm more disappointed with his .315 OB% and insistance that he can still play an elite CF.

Z-Fly
09-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Let him heal and come back next season.. there's no point to bring him back now. Let him rest and come back strong next year.

It's like dejavu all over again.

westofyou
09-21-2006, 01:49 PM
It's like dejavu all over again.

Isn't it?

7.4% of his at bats as a Red are in September, 21% have been in June.

Krusty
09-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Same old crap. Where is Junior when you need him? The guy's best position is DH and someone needs to smack him and make him realize he isn't the centerfielder he was 10 years ago.

I'm waiting to see if Krivsky has the cajones to tell Griffey he is due for a position switch for the 2007 season.

RedsBaron
09-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Same old crap. Where is Junior when you need him? The guy's best position is DH and someone needs to smack him and make him realize he isn't the centerfielder he was 10 years ago.

I'm waiting to see if Krivsky has the cajones to tell Griffey he is due for a position switch for the 2007 season.

Krivsky should try to trade Junior to an AL team. It definitely would be better for Junior's career.
If Junior is still with the Reds next season, Krivsky and Narron should simply inform Junior that he will not be playing centerfield. He may be playing leftfield, rightfield, firstbase, pinch hitting, but no centerfield. It shouldn't take big cajones to tell Junior this.

BuckeyeRedleg
09-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Junior might see a Frank Thomas-like resurrection with a move to the AL.

Otherwise, it could get ugly.

I mean, uglier.

jimbo
09-21-2006, 04:13 PM
I am to the point where I almost hope that Junior does get traded. Not because I don't think he can help the Reds, I am just tired of the unfair constant bashing he takes from a good percentange of Reds fans.

Hubba
09-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Happy first post:beerme:

Degenerate39
09-21-2006, 08:07 PM
I love Griffey I'd hate to see him go but if we have to trade him who would we get for him?

tomred
09-21-2006, 08:08 PM
I like Griffey but this injury every year just gets old but what team would want him even if you gave him right now he is a allbtross to the Reds sorry about the spelling but you get the meaning

cReds1
09-22-2006, 09:44 PM

Ship him now!!!!!!!

jmac
09-22-2006, 10:12 PM
i was just reading a 2004 preseason magazine that was praising edgar martinez for playing final 2 months with a broken toe. wonder on the exact difference in broken vs dislocated ?
i mean in regards to pain.....

Razor Shines
09-22-2006, 10:21 PM
i was just reading a 2004 preseason magazine that was praising edgar martinez for playing final 2 months with a broken toe. wonder on the exact difference in broken vs dislocated ?
i mean in regards to pain.....

I've had both and for me the dislocation was worse. I'm sure it's different in different situations. I did see Jr. walking in the dugout a couple games ago. He got up to congratulate someone after a homerun, and he was still limping very badly. It was only 3 or 4 steps but it was very noticable. Obviously that's not a very good way to diagnose how bad is toe is, just saying what I saw.

George Foster
09-23-2006, 11:11 PM

Griffey coming back strong.......:laugh:

Razor Shines
09-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Griffey coming back strong.......:laugh:

Way to go! You don't miss an opportunity, this thread almost slipped by you but you choked up and got some wood on it.

dman
09-24-2006, 12:29 AM
OK, here's my two cents. I am very disappointed to see Griffey get shelved year after year during this part of the season. He deserves a lot more, and as I've stated before, his burden belongs to somebody like Bonds or Palmeiro. Now, OTOH, if anybody else was putting out the kind of numbers and on playing as much as Jr. is, that person would be platooning with another player. Granted, with the money that he's being paid, it's hard to justify platooning him.
I am starting to wonder at what point Jr. will either give up his 10/5 rights and take a trade to the A.L. to DH or when he'll simply say enough and hang up his cleats.
If Jr. has any desire whatsoever to keep playing, which we know he does, then he'll try to let himself be traded to the A.L. to DH if he wants to preserve his career.

Jim
09-24-2006, 01:48 AM

I agree with you, but I don't think that Griffey does. He still thinks that he belongs in CF, so I can't see him accepting a DH role... except that fact that he's perfect for it.

bradmu
09-24-2006, 02:03 AM
I'm just curious...how did the guy who started this thread get so many reputation points for that post?

And my two cents on Griff...He'd probably pad his stats and be a big time asset to an AL team if he were to go there. However, I still feel he's got the ability to be a big time asset to the Reds. I'm really pulling for the guy to bring it all back together and prove to all the nay sayers that he can still play. It really irritates me to hear people bash Griff's will to play the game or call him a quitter because of these injuries.