PDA

View Full Version : Superman: Ultimate Collector's Edition 14 DVD box set!!!

Michael Allred
09-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Reported at www.thedigitalbits.com and www.dvdactive.com

As fans have been hoping, Warner has also officially announced the 11/28 release of the 14-disc Superman: The Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD box set (SRP $99.92). Packaged in a special tin case, the set will include the 2-disc Superman Returns: Special Edition, the 4-disc Superman: The Movie - Special Edition, the 2-disc Superman II: Special Edition, the single-disc Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, the single-disc Superman III and Superman IV DVDs, the You Will Believe: The Cinematic Saga of Superman documentary, the previously-released Look Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman and a Bryan Singer's Journals Extended Edition disc featuring ALL of the director's video journals shot on the set of Superman Returns (along with 2 that have never been seen before). The case will also include a reproduction of the Superman #7 comic book, a booklet on the history of the character and a mail-in offer for all 5 Superman feature film movie posters.

Wow, just WOW! I had been planning on getting the Christopher Reeve Superman box set (released on the same day) but considering this also includes the Donner cut of part II, Superman Returns 2 disc special edition and all the other documentaries, clearly the 14 disc set is the one to buy.

GIK
09-22-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm there. Thanks for the post.

KronoRed
09-22-2006, 06:28 PM
I can't in sound mind buy something that has Superman 3 and 4 in it.

GAC
09-22-2006, 09:45 PM
I can't in sound mind buy anything (Superman) that has Christopher Reeves in it.

I was raised on Superman, and loved him as much (if not more than) Seinfeld; but I hated Reeves cornball portrayal of him.

savafan
09-22-2006, 10:32 PM
How much is this badboy gonna cost?

Michael Allred
09-24-2006, 03:09 PM
How much is this badboy gonna cost?

I believe MSRP is around $100 but you'll likely find it for anywhere from $70 to $85 in most retail stores.

Sabo Fan
09-25-2006, 07:24 PM
I can't in sound mind buy something that has Superman 3 and 4 in it.

Same here. There's a reason Superman Returns ignored those two movies.

Question though: will the Donner Cut of Superman II be available separately or only in this set? Because if it isn't, I'll be one ticked fella.

Michael Allred
09-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Same here. There's a reason Superman Returns ignored those two movies.

Question though: will the Donner Cut of Superman II be available separately or only in this set? Because if it isn't, I'll be one ticked fella.

Both.