PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Schedule (tentatively) is out

Matt700wlw
09-22-2006, 03:49 PM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/tentative.jsp?c_id=cin&year=2007

AT Seattle and Oakland......plus the regular West Coast meetings. Just what this team needs...ADDITIONAL west coast baseball

OUCH

Chip R
09-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Cubs again on Opening Day?

NJReds
09-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Finally...the Mets series in NY is on a weekend.

dabvu2498
09-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Wicked roady 14-23 of September too.

@MIL 3 games
@CHC 3 games
@SFG 4 games

Cleveland, Texas, and Angels interleague home games.

Red Leader
09-22-2006, 03:58 PM
At least we should be out of in the beginning of July next year.

Good Lord. June starts with 3 in Colorado, 3 in St. Louis, a 9 game home stand that has Cleveland, LAAngels and Texas, then on the road to Oakland, Seattle and Philly before finishing the month with 3 at home vs St. Louis.

I'd take 10-17 in that 27 game stretch if it were offered to me right now.

westofyou
09-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Just what this team needs...ADDITIONAL west coast baseball

Bring it on....

WVRed
09-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Unless hurt, this will be Griffeys first time back at Safeco in a Reds uniform.

I hope ESPN carries it.

cReds1
09-22-2006, 08:43 PM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/tentative.jsp?c_id=cin&year=2007

AT Seattle and Oakland......plus the regular West Coast meetings. Just what this team needs...ADDITIONAL west coast baseball

OUCH

does it really matter to look ahead? i mean, come on, quit making me laugh..............

bwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaa

Blimpie
09-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Ugh. The last time we traveled to Oakland, our season imploded over the course of a 72 hour period.

cumberlandreds
09-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Doesn't look like MLB will ever schedule the Reds in DC on a weekend. :bang: This will make the third year in a row they come my way in the middle of the week. July 31,Aug1 and 2,a Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday. Hopefully the Thursday game will be an afternoon game.

redsfan30
09-22-2006, 10:08 PM
I HATE having the Cubs as the Opening Day opponent, and it appears it is becoming somewhat of a tradition.

Opening Day is the greatest day of any Reds fans year and it has to be tainted with all those moron Cubs "fans".

jmcclain19
09-22-2006, 10:16 PM
That is certainly most interesting.

@Seattle on a weekend- there is a good contingent of Redszone Northwestern inhabitants (Doc, Pedro, WOY)

Maybe a Redszone get together at one of those three games? I'd be up for a quick flight up north

The Dbacks trip is oddly placed as well, I can't remember then playing in AZ so early in the season, especially wedged in between two homestands

westofyou
09-22-2006, 10:46 PM

@Seattle on a weekend- there is a good contingent of Redszone Northwestern inhabitants (Doc, Pedro, WOY)

Maybe a Redszone get together at one of those three games? I'd be up for a quick flight up north

The Dbacks trip is oddly placed as well, I can't remember then playing in AZ so early in the season, especially wedged in between two homestands

I'll be going to all three...weekend and all that rot.

pedro
09-22-2006, 10:49 PM
I'll be going to all three...weekend and all that rot.

word

LINEDRIVER
09-22-2006, 11:15 PM
I HATE having the Cubs as the Opening Day opponent, and it appears it is becoming somewhat of a tradition.

Opening Day is the greatest day of any Reds fans year and it has to be tainted with all those moron Cubs "fans".

Might be kinda neat to play Chicago on Opening Day IF Lou Piniella is hired as the new Cubs' manager.

jnwohio
09-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Does anybody have any insights on how the intradivisional schedule gets formulated?

Looks to me like the Reds and Cubs will play 18 times split right down the middle home and home. The other NL Central teams the Reds play 15 or 16 times and the home/ away offsets are 9/6 or 9/7 with the Reds having the 9 home games with a couple (Houston and Milwuakee) and 9 road games with the other two (StLouis and Pittsburgh).

The Reds will see the entire Central division before the end of April. In April and also again in September except for one 3 game series each month all games will be within the division. All of June will be out of division except 5 games with the Cards. This all seems somewhat different.

And one final quirk. The Reds and Astros face each other 12 times before the end of May then don't meet again until the final week of the season.

oneupper
09-30-2006, 09:47 AM
At Florida July 19-22. Ughhh.
I'll probably be on vacation.

SandyD
09-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Reschedule your vacation. :D

Lots of off days in the middle of road trips. That seems odd.

Heath
09-30-2006, 10:29 AM

Aaron Harang vs. Carlos Zambrano

Be there. Aloha.

Heath
09-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Reschedule your vacation. :D

Lots of off days in the middle of road trips. That seems odd.

There were 4 or 5 instances of off days in the middle of Homestands this year - and there were get-away days with no off days coming and going from the west coast this year.

SandyD
09-30-2006, 11:08 AM
6 "getaway" offdays. One from SF to home.

The rest are from Home to Pitt, Home to Chi, Pitt to home, Home to Was, Home to St. L.

A couple of the mid road trip off days are serious travel days.

goreds2
09-30-2006, 11:58 AM
September has only 6 "out of division" games which is good.

oneupper
09-30-2006, 05:12 PM
A suggestion for the REDSZONE get together for 2007.

Lose the democracy.
Pick a date that's convenient for the organizers and go with it.

Some of us out-of-towners might just join in if we can plan ahead.
Personally, I've never been to Cincinnati. This would be a great opportunity.

scuba17
09-30-2006, 10:18 PM

Shouldn't hate us "morons" so much. They provide the Reds with great attendance figures every time they are in town.

Chip R
09-30-2006, 10:52 PM
And one final quirk. The Reds and Astros face each other 12 times before the end of May then don't meet again until the final week of the season.

That's OK by me since the Astros are such slow starters.

Blimpie
10-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Shouldn't hate us "morons" so much. They provide the Reds with great attendance figures every time they are in town."Wrigley South, bay-beeee! Who-hoooo!"

Not that I have Castellini's ear, but I'd be willing to pay extra to stare at an empty seat.

westofyou
10-01-2006, 12:44 PM

Before divisional play the Cubs were the Reds opponents on Opening Day 28 times, between 1898 and 1916 the Cubs and Pirates rotated the honor of playing the Reds on their most cherished day and it was a Cubs batter (Johnny Evers) who was the first MLB player to bat at Redland Field in 1912.

vaticanplum
10-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Shouldn't hate us "morons" so much. They provide the Reds with great attendance figures every time they are in town.

Opening Day is the one day a year when attendance is not usually a problem :)

vaticanplum
10-01-2006, 05:20 PM

That week is strongly in the running for Baseball Tour 2007!: West Coast Edition.

Chip R
10-01-2006, 06:08 PM

True. But the game - or games - after it are. With the Chubs coming in you have guaranteed yourself a decent crowd for the entire series and not just Opening Day.

scuba17
10-01-2006, 06:32 PM

Exactly. Was referring more to the rest of the series' throughout the year.

Unassisted
10-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Reds in Houston on my birthday, with school not in session. I know where I'll be on my birthday next year. :D

Heath
10-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Reds in Houston on my birthday, with school not in session. I know where I'll be on my birthday next year. :D

Dallas?

:dunno:

:D

LINEDRIVER
10-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Might be kinda neat to play Chicago on Opening Day IF Lou Piniella is hired as the new Cubs' manager.

Yep, it WILL be kinda neat to play the Cubs on Opening Day 2007.

redsupport
10-17-2006, 05:38 PM
I hope we dont face Bill Faul

LINEDRIVER
10-17-2006, 07:58 PM
I hope we dont face Bill Faul

or

Billy Hoeft
Bill Hands
Billy Connors
Bill Stoneman
Bill Bonham

macro
10-18-2006, 12:25 AM

Nice call, LD! :thumbup: