PDA

View Full Version : Dunn just got ran...

EKURed
09-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Following the game on Gamecast and noticed he got ran in the first after striking out looking. Anyone watching the game? Good pitch / bad pitch?

Tom Servo
09-24-2006, 01:41 PM
So now DeWayne Wise is batting cleanup :laugh:

Red in Chicago
09-24-2006, 01:43 PM
the pitch was a little low, but dunn is a chump for getting booted...especially, considering that wise was put in to replace him...

typical first inning for the reds...men on 1st and 2nd, with no one out...three, four and five hitters coming up and they don't score...sickening

Tom Servo
09-24-2006, 01:46 PM
the pitch was a little low, but dunn is a chump for getting booted...especially, considering that wise was put in to replace him...

typical first inning for the reds...men on 1st and 2nd, with no one out...three, four and five hitters coming up and they don't score...sickening
Yup, I wanted to believe we could push atleast one across but as soon as Aurilia fouled out I knew that was that. It was just then a matter of seeing whether Dunn would ground into a double play or just strike out.

Wheelhouse
09-24-2006, 01:59 PM
The pitch was low and it looked like Adam dropped an f-bomb to the ump which is what got him booted.

redsfanmia
09-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Does it matter? Getting ran saved him 3 strike outs.

WMR
09-24-2006, 02:19 PM
He probably just got that new virtual fishing game for Xbox. ;)

Matt700wlw
09-24-2006, 02:26 PM
There's a game?

:D

EKURed
09-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Or he wanted to watch the Bengals' game? 14-7 Bengals at halftime by the way...

MrCinatit
09-24-2006, 02:27 PM
There's a game?

:D

Yep. In Pittsburg :p:

Matt700wlw
09-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Yep. In Pittsburg :p:

Hell yeah! 14-7 Bengals at the half!

:beerme: :beerme: :beerme:

OnBaseMachine
09-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Harang is dominating today: 7 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 8 K. Harang now has 206 strikeouts this season.

He's thrown only 68 pitches thru 7 innings, and get this: 57 of those pitches have been for strikes.

Red in Chicago
09-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Harang is dominating today: 7 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 8 K. Harang now has 206 strikeouts this season.

He's thrown only 68 pitches thru 7 innings, and get this: 57 of those pitches have been for strikes.

unfortunately, he's about to dominate his way into yet another loss..that second home run was a big mistake:bang: :angry:

Team Clark
09-24-2006, 03:20 PM

He does this 4 or 5 starts a year and shows the potential he has. Usually when you look at the charts he really goes "off" the page and keeps the hitters guessing. Unfortunately, his catching corps likes to keep things simple by calling the same sequences over and over and over making him predictable. I'd love to see what Harang could do with a very sharp game caller. i.e. Varitek....

mth123
09-24-2006, 03:24 PM
He does this 4 or 5 starts a year and shows the potential he has. Usually when you look at the charts he really goes "off" the page and keeps the hitters guessing. Unfortunately, his catching corps likes to keep things simple by calling the same sequences over and over and over making him predictable. I'd love to see what Harang could do with a very sharp game caller. i.e. Varitek....

Isn't Larue Harang's personal catcher? If so, then Aaron probably prefers him and has more than a little responsibility for this. Correct?

Team Clark
09-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Isn't Larue Harang's personal catcher? If so, then Aaron probably prefers him and has more than a little responsibility for this. Correct?

Yes. Not to COMPLETELY place blame on the catchers I have noticed that both Ross and LaRue follow the same patterns. Shows you how bad their whole philosophy is.... The advance scouting they have is pretty much useless so that is a handicap all in itself.

KronoRed
09-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Does it matter? Getting ran saved him 3 strike outs.

Or cost the Reds some runs..but lets think negative.

mth123
09-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Yes. Not to COMPLETELY place blame on the catchers I have noticed that both Ross and LaRue follow the same patterns. Shows you how bad their whole philosophy is.... The advance scouting they have is pretty much useless so that is a handicap all in itself.

Thanks for the insight. I guess we shouldn't be surprised. The line-ups aren't smart, pitching changes aren't smart, bad plays on the bases, bad decisions in the field. Why would pitch selection be any different?

For all the vet love on this team, they sure do play like they don't know the basics.

EKURed
09-24-2006, 04:11 PM
If Arroyo wins tomorrow the Reds will have two 15 game winners. When is the last time that happened?

Tom Servo
09-24-2006, 04:32 PM
If Arroyo wins tomorrow the Reds will have two 15 game winners. When is the last time that happened?
I was about to ask who the first guy was to get us 15 this year, as I stopped following the game after the bottom of the 8th and figured there was no way we were going to win. Now I see we actually came back to win. :eek:

BCubb2003
09-24-2006, 05:23 PM

It was probably '92, with Belcher and Rijo.

redsfanmia
09-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Or cost the Reds some runs..but lets think negative.

But lets face it the way Dunn is going it saved him 3 k's.

KittyDuran
09-24-2006, 05:46 PM
The weather was great! Still too many cubs fans in attendance but the win shut them up FAST! Oh, and I lost a beer bet with Chip [again] - I'll pay up at tomorrow's game.

Note: Later in the game with really nothing going on the field, a roar went up from the crowd... the Bengals scored to make it 21-17...:D

tomred
09-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Ithink Dunn thought everyone else was watching football so why not join them I sure did GO BENGALS

Team Clark
09-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the insight. I guess we shouldn't be surprised. The line-ups aren't smart, pitching changes aren't smart, bad plays on the bases, bad decisions in the field. Why would pitch selection be any different?

For all the vet love on this team, they sure do play like they don't know the basics.

Don't worry. This too will be fixed this off season. :)

scounts22
09-25-2006, 07:37 AM
Kitty, where were you sitting? I was there too!

I was with 3 friends and we were all lucky enough to get balls during batting practice. Ryan Franklin may not be able to pitch, but he hooked us up! Maybe it was because we wouldn't leave him alone...my friend kept yelling cheesy pick-up lines at him. :D

We were sitting in the terrace infield seats in that little gap between the Reds dugout and home plate. That was a horrible strike three call on Adam, looked low and outside from where I was. He was stupid for getting kicked out, but he was right, that call was horrible.

We had a great time yesterday! The weather was perfect (as Kitty previously mentioned), and Harang looked awesome (except for those 2 home runs). The only time I cringed (after Adam got tossed) was when Royce Clayton came up in the 9th. That was a scary experience! :scared: ;)

KittyDuran
09-25-2006, 08:09 AM
Kitty, where were you sitting? I was there too!

I was with 3 friends and we were all lucky enough to get balls during batting practice. Ryan Franklin may not be able to pitch, but he hooked us up! Maybe it was because we wouldn't leave him alone...my friend kept yelling cheesy pick-up lines at him. :D

We were sitting in the terrace infield seats in that little gap between the Reds dugout and home plate. That was a horrible strike three call on Adam, looked low and outside from where I was. He was stupid for getting kicked out, but he was right, that call was horrible.

We had a great time yesterday! The weather was perfect (as Kitty previously mentioned), and Harang looked awesome (except for those 2 home runs). The only time I cringed (after Adam got tossed) was when Royce Clayton came up in the 9th. That was a scary experience! :scared: ;)Me and Chip were in our "usual" seats (i.e. cheap) in 537. I told Chip when Clayton came up that him and Wise cancel each other out (as far as production is concerned). Actually, I think me and Chip were more :scared: by Freel's Halloween costume! ;)

traderumor
09-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Dunn getting run wasn't at all surprising. He is likely very frustrated and gets an inordinate amount of crappy low strike calls. He probably just had enough---or had been out with Odell the night before :all_cohol

scounts22
09-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Me and Chip were in our "usual" seats (i.e. cheap) in 537. I told Chip when Clayton came up that him and Wise cancel each other out (as far as production is concerned). Actually, I think me and Chip were more :scared: by Freel's Halloween costume! ;)

OMG, that segment with Freel was hilarious!! They played the one about Scott Hatteburg and the mirror again, that was cute.

I know what you mean about Wise and Clayton! Castro's at-bat was pretty bad too.