PDA

View Full Version : Royce Clayton Refuses Post Game Interview

goreds2
09-24-2006, 05:49 PM
He refused to go on with Steve Stewart today. We are sorry to take up four minutes of your time, ROYCE. :rolleyes:

reds44
09-24-2006, 05:54 PM
I bet him and LaRue get along well.

2 old guys that can't hit, then complain about not playing everyday when there are better options.

redsfanmia
09-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks Tracy Jones.

westofyou
09-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Are you sorry for taking up mine for reading this drivel?

Is this a baseball site or a soap opera site? From what I gather there's alot of mind reading going on around here, fraught with nothing that has anything to do with baseball.

machineguy
09-24-2006, 06:34 PM
How stupid!

Wheelhouse
09-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Now wait a minute, maybe this was announced on air by someone who was not "mind reading." Is this the case? And be sure not to disturb westofyou's austere economy with his time. I mean, look at his avatar. :) And west, the thread makes itself clear in its title. You clicked into it. The "waste of time" happened on your initiative.

Highlifeman21
09-24-2006, 10:33 PM

2 old guys that can't hit, then complain about not playing everyday when there are better options.

I heard they have lockers next to each other.

I'm not sure who makes me cringe more when I see their name in the lineup, LaRue or Clayton.

tomred
09-24-2006, 11:54 PM
The only thing I want to hear from Clayton is goodbye

RedFanAlways1966
09-25-2006, 08:00 AM
The only thing I want to hear from Clayton is goodbye

:laugh: LMAO!

TeamBoone
09-25-2006, 04:52 PM

Jason LaRue didn't refuse the postgame interview with Steve Stewart... that was a myth. The interview was conducted, albeit short; Steve's batteries went dead.

In addition, except once... at least three months ago... Jason LaRue has not opened his mouth about the catching situation.

Where do you get this stuff?

REDREAD
09-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Are you sorry for taking up mine for reading this drivel?

Yet another complaint about the topic of discussion despite the topic clearly stated in the thread title.

If you want to defend Clayton, go ahead. Please don't complain about someone starting a topic that some people might be interested in. That's the definition of a waste of time.

SeeinRed
09-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Jason LaRue didn't refuse the postgame interview with Steve Stewart... that was a myth. The interview was conducted, albeit short; Steve's batteries went dead.

In addition, except once... at least three months ago... Jason LaRue has not opened his mouth about the catching situation.

I agree, and add that LaRue is a catcher and not expected to hit .300. LaRue has done more than what is expected from the catchers position up till this year. He just hasn't played on a regular enough basis to get back to what he can do. I've met him more than once, and he has been nothing but friendly towards me, or anyone else that have heard. He was especially great with my 3 year old neice.

Besides, I don't know what the big deal is with a player complaining that he wants to play more. Thats a good thing. A players should never be satisfied, and when they are, it should be when their career is over. It would be completely different if he said that Narron was an idiot and couldn't run the team or that he wasn't happy in Cincinnati. That would be a problem.

REDREAD
09-25-2006, 06:10 PM

That's not good enough ;) He has to smile on the bench during the game, give Ross an enormous high five every time Ross does something good, and look distraught every time Ross makes a mistake. :laugh:

westofyou
09-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Yet another complaint about the topic of discussion despite the topic clearly stated in the thread title.

If you want to defend Clayton, go ahead. Please don't complain about someone starting a topic that some people might be interested in. That's the definition of a waste of time.

I think I'll continue to post where and when I want to, thanks.

And as I said before, this is soap opera BS that drags the level of discussion down on the board, has nothing to do with the game and just creates a bunch of he said- she said scenarios.

Real enlightening.

jimbo
09-26-2006, 12:24 PM

He did do a postgame interview with Stewart, but it is not a myth in that he did refuse a postgame interview with Jim Day on Fox. I heard Day say exactly that on tv after the game.

REDREAD
09-26-2006, 01:56 PM
I think I'll continue to post where and when I want to, thanks.

And as I said before, this is soap opera BS that drags the level of discussion down on the board, has nothing to do with the game and just creates a bunch of he said- she said scenarios.

Real enlightening.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but does complaining about people's choice of discussion topics serve a purpose? Really, all it does is help keep the topic on the front page longer.

Quality of discussion is relative. Some people enjoy the soap opera stuff. I really don't mind if Steve gets snubbed for a post game interview. Actually, it happens quite a bit. I remember as a kid, I was listening to the Braves on the radio. After the game, they made a mistake and left the microphone on instead of going to commericials. So I got to hear the Braves' "star of the game" announcer walk through the clubhouse and ask guys to be on the show. The first 5 turned him down. It was quite funny to hear him go up to a guy and say "How about you Oberkfell, you had 3 hits?" and get turned down. Basically, the poor guy was like a nerd trying to get a date for prom.

Thus, I think it is normal for the announcer to have to ask several people to be on. Some guys have plans right after the game and want to get out quick. It might've just been a bad day for Clayton.