PDA

View Full Version : MNF in the Superdome.

SeeinRed
09-25-2006, 08:41 PM
I think this deserves a thread. You know, I'm not a big fan of Tony, but he did a very good job explaining what that game means. If you aren't watching, you should. It really is awe inspiring. For a city that has been through so much, Football is how they are coming together. Touching even for a person like me who roles his eyes at most "touching" moments. To you New Orleans!:beerme:

OnBaseMachine
09-25-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm generally not much of a NFL fan, but I am definitely watching the game tonight. What a great pre-game that was. I'm rooting hard for the Saints to win this game tonight. And what a start huh? Blocked punt for a touchdown, 7-0 Saints.

SeeinRed
09-25-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm generally not much of a NFL fan, but I am definitely watching the game tonight. What a great pre-game that was. I'm rooting hard for the Saints to win this game tonight. And what a start huh? Blocked punt for a touchdown, 7-0 Saints.

I'd sure hate to be the Falcons. You come in knowing the energy and emotions are going to be driving the Saints. Scary thing to face. Then you start out like that. You have to feel like you were meant to lose.

As for the pre-game, I'm not a huge U2 or Green Day fan, but it was a very good show.

RedFanAlways1966
09-25-2006, 09:23 PM
And I see that the "burly" referee is doing this game. Is his name Hockuley (sp?)?

macro
09-25-2006, 10:47 PM
Is it safe to assume that most people are Saints fans tonight? I know I am. I have always been indifferent toward them, since they're not Bengals rivals, but I really hope they have a great season this year.

WMR
09-26-2006, 12:19 AM
Saints put a beat-down on the Dirty Birds tonight. Feel good for the people of N.O.

My one problem: What do those fans think they're doing using our Who Dey chant???? I feel sorry for what you guys have been through, but not THAT sorry! Get your own chant! ;)

Cedric
09-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Saints put a beat-down on the Dirty Birds tonight. Feel good for the people of N.O.

My one problem: What do those fans think they're doing using our Who Dey chant???? I feel sorry for what you guys have been through, but not THAT sorry! Get your own chant! ;)

That one is iffy. Some people claim the Saints were the first team to use that cheer back in 1980.

WMR
09-26-2006, 12:29 AM
That one is iffy. Some people claim the Saints were the first team to use that cheer back in 1980.

Really?? I never knew that!

When did it first come to prominence w/ the Bengals?

We must settle this very important question! lol.

OldRightHander
09-26-2006, 12:32 AM
When did it first come to prominence w/ the Bengals?

1981, the first Super Bowl year.

dabvu2498
09-26-2006, 08:07 AM
The New Orleans version is "Who Dat!?!?!" Not Who Dey!

traderumor
09-26-2006, 08:13 AM
At the risk of being Debbie Downer, how many of those seats would be affordable to those who were in the Superdome when it was a shelter? It seemed to me that the game was like having a parade for a military victory in an area ravaged by war and not inviting the soldiers. Hopefully, there were thousands of free tickets handed out, but I did not hear any reports of such a thing.

traderumor
09-26-2006, 08:18 AM
http://www.la-par.org/PAR%20News%20Files/TimesPic06172006.pdf#search=%22free%20tickets%20su perdome%22

It is good to see that lawmakers can continue to take free tickets without committing an "ethics" violation, though :rolleyes: