PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying for the Playoffs Question

camisadelgolf
09-27-2006, 11:08 AM
The last I checked, the Reds, Astros, and Cardinals each have five games left, but the Cardinals have played one less game than the other two. Two questions:

1.) Is my math wrong?

2.) If the Cardinals have a half-game lead/deficit after playing what's left of their scheduled games, do they have to play a 162nd game?

goreds2
09-27-2006, 11:11 AM
The last I checked, the Reds, Astros, and Cardinals each have five games left, but the Cardinals have played one less game than the other two. Two questions:

1.) Is my math wrong?

2.) If the Cardinals have a half-game lead/deficit after playing what's left of their scheduled games, do they have to play a 162nd game?

The Cardinals will have to make up a game that was not played with the Giants. I am assuming it was a rain out.

redsfan30
The Cardinals and Giants were rained out a couple weeks ago. The game will be made up only if it has bearing on the outcome of the Central Division playoff spot, and the way it's looking now that game will indeed have to be played on Monday.

BuckWoody
The Cardinals have a make up game with the Giants to play if things are close enough at the end of the season for it to matter. That's the 1/2 game difference right now.

edit -- DOH! Too slow. ;)

Hollcat
09-27-2006, 12:47 PM
How exited do you think the Giants will be to stick around and play an extra game instead of begining their offseason on Sunday afternoon. They should give the Giants 1.5 runs to start the game to balance the odds out.

joshnky
09-27-2006, 03:26 PM
How exited do you think the Giants will be to stick around and play an extra game instead of begining their offseason on Sunday afternoon. They should give the Giants 1.5 runs to start the game to balance the odds out.
That is my thought as well. Other than playing the roll as spoiler why would the Giants care about this game at all? It will just add an unexpected delay to the start of their offseason. We should probably count on StL winning that game if its needed. But I still hope they need to play it. :)

redsupport
09-27-2006, 03:49 PM
worry about the astros