PDA

View Full Version : If we can't pull it off....

BoomerSoonerRed
09-28-2006, 12:20 AM
and it's not looking too great right now, I'm going to pull for the Astros to beat out the Cardinals in the Central, primarily to shut these yahoos up where I live. Friggin' co-worker who's a Cardinal fan just taunted me via text message over the loss, and for some reason, he thinks the Astros lost too. I told him "Not yet, bub, and even if you do survive I hope the Mets take you apart."
Nothing like living among the self-proclaimed "best fans in baseball.":angry:

goreds2
09-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Tell your co-worker that the BREW CREW will sweep the Cardinals!! Why did SD pitch to their great 1st baseman tonight? :confused:

BoomerSoonerRed
09-28-2006, 12:45 AM
Tell your co-worker that the BREW CREW will sweep the Cardinals!! Why did SD pitch to their great 1st baseman tonight? :confused:
If the Brew Crew actually does the unthinkable and sweep the Cards, I might have to break down and buy me a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon. And I don't even drink.

goreds2
09-28-2006, 05:24 PM
I am not sure if anyone posted this. Here are the tie breaker scenerios:

(From the Cincy Enquirer)

NL Central fit to be tied
THE ENQUIRER
The tie-breaking procedure if the Reds end up tied atop the NL Central:

In a two-way tie: If the Reds and Cardinals finish tied for the lead, a one-game tiebreaker will be played in St. Louis. There hasn't been a coin flip yet to determine where a one-game playoff would take place if the Reds and Astros finished tied.

In a three-way tie: If the Reds, Astros and Cardinals all are tied, the Reds - because of their better head-to-head record against the other two teams - will: a) choose to play two tiebreaker games at home, assuming they win the first one; or b) choose to play the winner of an Astros-Cardinals game on the road. The Reds went 19-11 vs. Houston and St. Louis this season. The Astros went 14-17 against Cincinnati and St. Louis. The Cardinals went 13-18 vs. Cincinnati and Houston.

BoomerSoonerRed
09-29-2006, 03:28 AM
Well, the Brewers did their part. As did the Reds and the Astros.
It's going to be an interesting weekend for sure.

KronoRed
09-29-2006, 06:04 AM
Finally the brewers aren't killing our season

RadfordVA
09-29-2006, 06:32 AM
In a three-way tie: If the Reds, Astros and Cardinals all are tied, the Reds - because of their better head-to-head record against the other two teams - will: a) choose to play two tiebreaker games at home, assuming they win the first one; or b) choose to play the winner of an Astros-Cardinals game on the road. The Reds went 19-11 vs. Houston and St. Louis this season. The Astros went 14-17 against Cincinnati and St. Louis. The Cardinals went 13-18 vs. Cincinnati and Houston.

Wow what an option two home games or one road game. I would think you would have to go with the one road game. Maybe another team you take the two home games but with this reds team you cant like your chances of winning two in a row. How sad is it that our record is so good against cards and stros and were still probably not going to win the division. Baby steps I guess.

Ltlabner
09-29-2006, 08:58 AM
When's the last time that we still had a chance going into the last weekend of the season? A slim chance, yes, but a chance none the less. You can attempt to diminish it with "the rest of the league sucks" or "we should be ABC games ahead right now" but the fact remains that despite all the weaknesses on the team, despite the trade, dispite some horrific play in the last month, despite the phrophasy of doom since May, despite it only being Krivsky's first season (with no offseason last year).....

We are still alive going into the final series.

I'm not saying that Krivsky's is brilliant and built the perfect team, the lameness of the division is a gift indeed. But it is nice to actually have games that matter this late in the season.