Topcat
09-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Hope the kid gets it

OldRightHander
09-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Single in the 9th. No no is gone.

Johnny Footstool
09-28-2006, 09:58 PM
The Baltimore defense ruined the shutout in the 7th, with two errors allowing a run to score.

Cano breaks up the no-no with one out in the 9th. Abreu ends it with a double play. Friggin' Yankees.

Blimpie
09-28-2006, 10:32 PM
The Baltimore defense ruined the shutout in the 7th, with two errors allowing a run to score.

Cano breaks up the no-no with one out in the 9th. Abreu ends it with a double play. Friggin' Yankees.Worse than losing the shutout was that, by extending the 7th inning, they turned the Yankee lineup over one more time.

Instead of having to face 7-8-9 in the ninth with a no hitter, Cabrera had the top of the order--including one of the toughest outs in the Yankee lineup in Cano.

crazybob60
09-29-2006, 01:28 AM
They just showed the highlights of it on Sportscenter and the guys in the O's dugout in between innings were actually doing opposite of what your actually supposed to do to a guy with a no-no....they were actually paying attention to him and joking around with him....funny really.

Johnny Footstool
09-29-2006, 09:29 AM
They just showed the highlights of it on Sportscenter and the guys in the O's dugout in between innings were actually doing opposite of what your actually supposed to do to a guy with a no-no....they were actually paying attention to him and joking around with him....funny really.

I saw that, too. The announcer was really upset about it. Funny how they never get mad about a no-hitter being lost when everyone does what they're "supposed" to do and leaves the pitcher alone between innings.

Roy Tucker
09-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Cabrera can blame losing his no-hitter on me.

I had flipped over to ESPNnews to get the Reds score and saw he had a no-no going. So I turned to the O's-Yanks game and no sooner had I done that, the next pitch gets hit for a single.

The Roy kiss-of-death strikes again (it got to the point this year that I couldn't watch the Reds on TV because everytime I did, something bad happened).

Sorry Daniel.