PDA

View Full Version : Did the Merged thread about Dunn's.................

RANDY IN INDY
09-29-2006, 07:52 AM
pathetic finish get so out of hand that it was completely erased? Had to go to baseball practice last night and noticed it had vanished. Amazing.

traderumor
09-29-2006, 09:22 AM
It must be, it doesn't show up in a search of my posts.

RedsManRick
09-29-2006, 10:04 AM
That's kind of odd. I know the subject isn't exactly new, but it seemed to be civil.

Chip R
09-29-2006, 10:13 AM
That's kind of odd. I know the subject isn't exactly new, but it seemed to be civil.

It is odd. I was looking the other day for that post that was merged about all time least favorite Reds but I can't find it any more. I hadn't read the Dunn thread and there weren't any complaints about it so I have no idea what happened to it. :dunno:

registerthis
09-29-2006, 10:14 AM
It must have really turned south after 6:30 or so, because the discussion seemed just fine after my last post on it...

NJReds
09-29-2006, 10:15 AM
It is odd. I was looking the other day for that post that was merged about all time least favorite Reds but I can't find it any more. I hadn't read the Dunn thread and there weren't any complaints about it so I have no idea what happened to it. :dunno:

Dunn obviously spends his time hacking into message boards to delete negative posts. You know, since he doesn't care about improving his game and all. ;)

Unassisted
09-29-2006, 10:16 AM
I posted in it a couple of times and the posts don't show up in my post history. Maybe the mods dragged it off to the bat cave so they could spray paint a big red number "5" on it (for rule #5)?

traderumor
09-29-2006, 10:24 AM
I posted in it a couple of times and the posts don't show up in my post history. Maybe the mods dragged it off to the bat cave so they could spray paint a big red number "5" on it (for rule #5)?I wasn't aware that there was an excessive player criticism in that thread. I think Juan Castro gets more unwarranted criticism on the board than Dunn ever has.

registerthis
09-29-2006, 10:30 AM
I wasn't aware that there was an excessive player criticism in that thread. I think Juan Castro gets more unwarranted criticism on the board than Dunn ever has.

That's exactly what I was arguing in that thread. Unless things took a dramatic turn last night, I didn't notice "excessive player criticism"--I thought the discussion was intereting and certainly civil.

Then again, we have no idea why the thread was removed or by whom, so we're just speculating at this point. But it would indeed be very disappointing if the thread was deleted due to perceived "excessive player criticism."

RedsManRick
09-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Yeah RT. The tone, at least the direction I was going with it, was one of relative value -- not exactly criticism. Hopefully we can get a mod to clear it up.

macro
09-29-2006, 10:49 AM

The one thing that those two threads have in common is that I merged each of them with existing threads, for what that's worth. It's nothing that hasn't been done dozens of times in the past, however, and the new merged threads showed up for quite some time thereafter. I'm certain that no one deleted them. I'm as puzzled as you guys are.

:confused:

Heath
09-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Maybe that's a good thing.

Just like Ohio weather, just wait a few minutes. Another one will appear.

registerthis
09-29-2006, 10:51 AM
I watched "A Haunting" last night on the Discovery Channel. Maybe spirits with ill intentions had something to do with it?

Chip R
09-29-2006, 10:53 AM
The one thing that those two threads have in common is that I merged each of them with existing threads, for what that's worth.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned it. Maybe a glitch with the upgrade?

Johnny Footstool
09-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Well, let's just start up that thread again! I'm sure we can all remember what we posted -- it's not like we haven't posted all those same ideas before.

RedsManRick
09-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Well, let's just start up that thread again! I'm sure we can all remember what we posted -- it's not like we haven't posted all those same ideas before.

:laugh:

Reds4Life
09-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah, that's why I mentioned it. Maybe a glitch with the upgrade?

There is a glitch in vB 3.6.1 that causes data loss when the redirect system is used. vB issued a patch to correct this a few days ago, but I guess it hasn't been installed yet. That's why the thread vanished.

Chip R
09-29-2006, 01:58 PM
There is a glitch in vB 3.6.1 that causes data loss when the redirect system is used. vB issued a patch to correct this a few days ago, but I guess it hasn't been installed yet. That's why the thread vanished.

Hah! I knew it! :clap:

klw
09-29-2006, 02:09 PM

Well I had just posted a joke stating that the Dunn bashing threads were good as they at least break up the Michalek bashing threads. I also joked that Dunn has peaked and that he should be traded just like Bench should have been dumped after his 1971 season. Registerthis correctly identified this as blasphemy. I then expanded my point that it appears the patience levels with players having off years has dropped. Ex. Renteria and Clement Boston, Soriano coming into this year, etc. I also pointed out how Clement has actually had his rep go up in Boston know that he was found to have tears in his rotator cuff and labrum. Registerthis then wrote about how the level of discourse had actually avoided bashing throughout the thread. That takes us to 6:30 last night. The use of the phrase level of discourse then crashed the thread.:)

Ltlabner
09-29-2006, 02:20 PM

There has to be a better conspiricy angle than that Reds4Life.