PDA

View Full Version : Frank Robinson

elfmanvt07
10-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Should we look? Long and hard, or barely glance?

BigRed
10-01-2006, 09:41 AM
It won't happen. Narron got an extension earlier in the year.

Matt700wlw
10-01-2006, 12:01 PM
He's 71.

No.

Front office? Sure. Advisor? Sure. Manager? Negatory..

Reds4Life
10-01-2006, 12:09 PM
I think Frank will probably take a job with MLB like he had before he got back into managing.

RFS62
10-01-2006, 12:24 PM
I think Frank will probably take a job with MLB like he had before he got back into managing.

I think he was surprised at how much he enjoyed being back in the dugout. He's had to give that up a couple of times now, and that's not easy.

dougflynn23
10-01-2006, 08:47 PM
I think he was surprised at how much he enjoyed being back in the dugout. He's had to give that up a couple of times now, and that's not easy. :confused: He's had to give it up because he absolutely sucks as a manager. He has never taken a team to a post season game and that hard to do for a guy who got 4 shots at a managerial job. His performance as manager of the 2004 Olympic qualifying team was the single worst job of managing ever, not to mention he 1) fell asleep in the dugout, 2) reportedly did not even know the names of his players, and 3) was only given the job because he's "worshipped" by Bud Selig. He'll end up back in the commish's office. If we want an older guy, get Davey Johnson back.

Highlifeman21
10-01-2006, 10:45 PM
:confused: He's had to give it up because he absolutely sucks as a manager. He has never taken a team to a post season game and that hard to do for a guy who got 4 shots at a managerial job. His performance as manager of the 2004 Olympic qualifying team was the single worst job of managing ever, not to mention he 1) fell asleep in the dugout, 2) reportedly did not even know the names of his players, and 3) was only given the job because he's "worshipped" by Bud Selig. He'll end up back in the commish's office. If we want an older guy, get Davey Johnson back.

Well, that's certainly one take on Frank Robinson...

IMO, Robinson > Narron by a wide margin.