PDA

View Full Version : The End To An Emotionally Draining Week

dman
10-02-2006, 12:33 AM
This past week was so emotionally draining from a work standpoint. I don't know about those outside the Columbus area, but most have heard that we lost two Troopers this past Thursday in a freak automobile crash. Before anybody asks, I honestly do not know any more of the details than what has been released to the media, most of which has already been heard.
To lose one comrade is hard enough, but to lose two is unimaginable. Though I didn't see these guys on a regular basis, knowing who they are, and the fact that they are fellow gray shirts makes them seem close enough. With only 1500 of us spread throughout the entire state, most can probably imagine that troopers share a special bond. I thought I could write the words to describe, but it just can't be done. In 2001, when we lost Frank Vasquez to a drunk driver on I-270 that hurt a lot more because we were in the academy together. But for some reason, this situation is disturbing me a lot also. Maybe because there are a lot of unanswered questions.

Also, the media tends to concentrate on the fact that two troopers were killed, but a civilian was killed in this crash also, so I ask al of you to remember these three families in your thoughts and prayers. The funerals for the troopers were held yesterday and another today. Very hard and trying times ahead for all three families.

Also, I wanted to add that stuff like this is why it is so important to tell your loved ones how much you love them. You just never know what waits outside your front door when you leave. My wife and I have made it a point before I leave for work to not discuss touchy issues that may lead to arguments and us being mad at each other.

Sorry to ramble on, it's just that this is really troubling me right now.

And please, please, please. NO REP POINTS for this thread!!!!!! I wanted to post this just to honor those two who served faithfully and also the civilian motorist involved.

Johnny Footstool
10-02-2006, 01:18 AM
This is a very classy post, dman.

My prayers go out to the families of the departed.

KronoRed
10-02-2006, 05:57 AM
My prayers for them as well.

RFS62
10-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Very sorry to hear this, DMan.

We appreciate what you do.