PDA

View Full Version : NL Divisional Playoff Prediction Cards/Padres

cumberlandreds
10-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Who do you think will win the series between the Cards and Padres? I think the Padres will win easily. Only chance the Cards have is if Carpenter wins his two starts and a miracle happens in another game.

Unassisted
10-02-2006, 09:44 AM
The only mystery about the outcome of this series is whether the Padres will sweep it. Cards are stuck in neutral at exactly the wrong time of the year.

Red Leader
10-02-2006, 12:33 PM
I don't think this series will be very close at all. In fact, if the Pads can neutralize Albert, I think they sweep easily. I'll give the fact that Pujols can carry this team and allow him to win 1 or 2 game by himself, but not 3.

The most this series goes is 5 games.

texasdave
10-02-2006, 01:49 PM
carpenter wins two games and pujols wins one....works for me.

p.s. as you can see, plenty of room left aboard the cardinal bandwagon. =)

vaticanplum
10-02-2006, 02:20 PM
The most this series goes is 5 games.

I've read this ten times. What am I missing? :confused:

Matt700wlw
10-02-2006, 02:40 PM
I hope the Cardinals get smoked.

Red Leader
10-02-2006, 02:46 PM
I've read this ten times. What am I missing? :confused:

The fact that I just bought two new puppies about 2 weeks ago and they've been getting up at 5:00am or earlier everyday, and I'm the type of person that LOVES to sleep in....:laugh:

Doh! I'm a sleep deprived idiot.

vaticanplum
10-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Puppies!!! Put up pictures!

crazybob60
10-02-2006, 03:08 PM
I predict the Padres win it in 4....

Red Leader
10-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Puppies!!! Put up pictures!

I'll see if I can do that tonight when I get home. I don't have any pictures of them...wait...I have one from the on-line ad of the breeder....

The two we got are the ones named Noah and Moses. They gave them biblical names at birth to identify them and keep their paperwork straight. My kids have since re-named them Sid and Manny (from Ice Age).

vaticanplum
10-02-2006, 03:22 PM
are they schnauzers? I love schnauzers with all my soul, they're my family's dog of choice and I grew up with them (my own was called Pepperoni). Great dogs. Here is a picture of my cousin-dog Rudy (named for the mayor, not the football movie).

Right, baseball: I predict the Pads, though I think it would be quite hilarious if the Cards, after this relatively awful season, managed to pull off anything interesting. It would be so unexpected that I'd almost have take some pleasure from that.

May I suggest a Sid and Manny thread in the non-baseball forum when you get home.

Red Leader
10-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Will do, vaticanplum. Sorry to temporarily de-rail the thread. Oh, and yes, they are mini-schnauzers.

Pads-Cards thread from here on out. Promise.

Even with the mini-collapse the Cards have gone through in September, I still want to see them suffer. Carpenter and Suppan, obviously, lead things off for the Cards. I guess they both could win those games and make it a pretty good series. I hope their game 3 starter, whoever it is: Weaver, Marquis, Reyes? totally gets hammered to the tune of like 10 ER in 2 1/3 IP or something like that, though. Now that I think about it, with just Carpenter and Suppan on their games, the Cards still could win this series, assuming Carpenter would pitch a Game 4. Their problem could then come in the NLDS where they wouldn't get Carpenter for 2 starts. If they make it that far, I'd like to see their SP's (Marquis and Weaver in particular) give up run after run after run after run after run, etc....

Red Leader
10-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Rotoworld.com just posted that Tony LaRussa has reported that Jeff Weaver will start Game 2 for the Cardinals.

Bwaahahahahahaha. Seriously. Jeff Weaver, game 2 starter. Awesome.

I have no idea why they wouldn't go with Suppan in game 2. Apparently, they want to give Weaver a start on the road because he doesn't pitch well at home. If the Cards have any hope at winning this series, there's NO WAY they can lose Game 1 of this series, IMO.