PDA

View Full Version : Another things that drive you crazy thread...

Ltlabner
10-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Coworkers who insist on making nearly every single task as complex and excruicating as possible.

No matter what interaction with them entails, it becomes a drawn out, difficult and bothersome waste of time when what you needed from them was realitivley simple.

Sometimes things just don't happen easily, I understand that. But coworkers who have that special tallent to turn everything into the most difficult task possible truely drive me bannanas.

macro
10-02-2006, 02:45 PM
This happened to you this morning, didn't it Ltlabner? :laugh:

I'll add one from my drive into work:

People who want to pass an eighteen wheeler and get right upon the bumper of the trailer, then have to risk a head-on collision to see if there's anything coming before they attempt a pass. Uhhhh, back up about fifty feet and you can see clearly when it's safe to pass, and you'll have your speed already built up when you reach the side of the eighteen wheeler. The way they're doing it, they begin their pass with no momentum whatsoever, so the risk portion of the pass takes even longer.

Ltlabner
10-02-2006, 03:26 PM
This happened to you this morning, didn't it Ltlabner? :laugh:

Ummmm....yep! hahahahaha Is there something really sick with me that when something like this happens my first thought (besides strangling the other person) is running to RZ to post my disgust?

Joseph
10-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Ummmm....yep! hahahahaha Is there something really sick with me that when something like this happens my first thought (besides strangling the other person) is running to RZ to post my disgust?

Yes :)

paintmered
10-02-2006, 10:49 PM

Why do you think the last person thread has been going strong for over two years? :laugh:

Joseph
10-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Why do you think the last person thread has been going strong for over two years? :laugh:

Lack of quality diversions in the real world? :)

KronoRed
10-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Lack of quality diversions in the real world? :)

Real world is BORRRINNNGGG :devil:

OldRightHander
10-03-2006, 07:51 AM
The Bengals losing the game before a bye week. Two weeks is a long time to stew on a loss.

TeamSelig
10-03-2006, 01:58 PM
You know what drives me crazy? Threads about things that drive them crazy!

lol just kidding

paintmered
10-03-2006, 07:46 PM
You know what drives me crazy? Threads about things that drive them crazy!

lol just kidding

Or.....posts about threads about things that drive them crazy!

(I'm dizzy now) :)

HumnHilghtFreel
10-03-2006, 08:05 PM
One of my pet peeves was as a student, teachers always tell us we are going to have a rough go of things in "the real world" as if a students reality isn't as real as someone elses.

I know it's an expression, but it still bothers me.

I'm sure I can think of plenty others, but that's it for the moment.

dabvu2498
10-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Here's an odd one: Animals (I believe it's a racoon) going through my garbage.

TeamSelig
10-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Or replies to a reply about threads that drive them crazy to a thread about things that drive them crazy

..or something

WebScorpion
10-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Here's an odd one: Animals (I believe it's a racoon) going through my garbage.

Especially when they chew a hole in the sturdy plastic can to get to it. Never happened to my parents...they had METAL trash cans.

People who install subwoofers in their cars and play it so loud you can hear the bolts in the car rattling loose. :bang:

When someone (probably the one-year old) knocks my beard trimmer out of its charger and I go to use it and it goes BRRRrrrrr.........<silence> :angry:

People who refuse to wait for you when they're in a hurry who expect you to wait for them when you are in a hurry. :confused:

Owners of dogs who run around loose and bark at you but will never get close enough for you to kick their teeth in. (the dogs, not the owners) The dogs drive me crazy, but the owners are ultimately responsible ... youknowhutImean.

Dom Heffner
10-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Drivers in front of me who keep mysteriously diging for soemthing in their car while driving down the road.

I was behind a guy today who was searching for something in his car for 20 straight minutes.

I just kept laying on the horn. It would work for awhile but then back we would go to leaning over in the passenger seat.

Roy Tucker
10-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Drivers in front of me who keep mysteriously diging for soemthing in their car while driving down the road.

I was behind a guy today who was searching for something in his car for 20 straight minutes.

I just kept laying on the horn. It would work for awhile but then back we would go to leaning over in the passenger seat.

Probably looking for his 9mm to plug the guy behind him honking. :devil:

A corollary to that is when said person is looking for something while waiting at a red light. The light turns green, they continue to look and don't move, I wait an appropriate few seconds to give them a chance to get going, finally give them a short beep-beep, and then they turn around and look at you for another 5-10 seconds before going. Just in time so you miss the green.

Dom Heffner
10-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Probably looking for his 9mm to plug the guy behind him honking.

Where I live, that would not be an overstatement. Any city with "hills" in its title poses a threat of death by firearm. :)

I don't mind if you look for something, but he cut me off to get in my lane- while looking for something- and then just kept on doing it. It;s like, pull over and grab the thing instead of turning this into a vision quest.

Another thing that drives me crazy: sportswriters, especially during the early round of the baseball playoffs.

Yankees win game one: They are the greatest team ever, Jeter is the MVP, and they are unanimously series bound.

Yankees lose game two: It's over for them.

Yankees lose game three: Not only is it over, but Torre and A-Rod are gone next year.

It's a best of five series, folks. If the Yanks win today, it will be all tied up.

The media can be so dramatic.

Not only should we let the fat lady sing, we should let her get inside the theater.

MWM
10-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Amen on sportswriters. I'm not sure what has happened to that profession, but it's so hard to find anyone worth reading anymore.

Here's one, people who pull right out in front of you on a higher speed limit road when I look in my rear view mirror and NO ONE is behind me. I end up hitting my break pretty hard when if they would have waited two seconds, they could have pulled out without getting in anyone's way.

This goes for trucks on the interstates. I'll be crusing along and then right before I get to a truck in the right lane, they'll just move over into the fast lane to pass another truck they're barely going faster than. Then I look behind me and no one is in sight.

I've done a lot of cross country traveling and I could on for pages on trucks alone.

OldRightHander
10-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Here's one, people who pull right out in front of you on a higher speed limit road when I look in my rear view mirror and NO ONE is behind me. I end up hitting my break pretty hard when if they would have waited two seconds, they could have pulled out without getting in anyone's way.

I have been guilty of this under the following circumstance. I am in the middle or right lane with my cruise control on. Then I notice that the person in front of me is going slower, so I will need to get over to pass him. Then I look in my mirror and there is someone to my left who will eventually overtake me, but he's taking his sweet time doing so. If I wait for him to get around me, I will have to slow down to avoid driving into the rear end of the vehicle in front of me, so I punch it and pass the slow person and get back over as quickly as possible so I don't hold up the left lane person too long. I don't like cutting in front of faster people, but when someone isn't in any hurry to get around me and it's either that or take off my cruise and sit behind a slowpoke while I'm waiting for Mr. Slightly Faster to eventually get around me, it's really a no brainer.

This goes for trucks on the interstates. I'll be crusing along and then right before I get to a truck in the right lane, they'll just move over into the fast lane to pass another truck they're barely going faster than. Then I look behind me and no one is in sight.

I've done a lot of cross country traveling and I could on for pages on trucks alone.

I do quite a lot of driving and here is what I have observed with trucks. Often a truck will cut over there for the same reason I mentioned above. People take their sweek time going around them. Also, I notice that many people have a complete lack of courtesy in how they deal with trucks. How many times have I seen one with his turn signal on for more than a mile while people are coming up behind him and then jumping over into that lane to keep him from coming over? People don't like to be behind trucks (I don't either) and a lot of people just won't let one over for anything. It's no wonder they force the issue when there is the slightest opening. Maybe I'm sympathetic to professional drivers since I've joined their ranks, but if you ask me, the vast majority of truckers are more polite and courteous on the roads than the people in cars.

MWM
10-07-2006, 10:23 PM
ORH, for the first paragraph I was referring to a cross street when someone is turning right or left onto the road I'm on.

I have a decent amount of family from my mom's side who are truckers (like 4 cousins whose dad was a trucker too). I do understand where they're coming from and I do try to be as courteous as I can. But one thing I know from talking to them is that they generally don't care about much of anything other than making the best time they possibly can. That's how they make money.

OldRightHander
10-07-2006, 11:17 PM
ORH, for the first paragraph I was referring to a cross street when someone is turning right or left onto the road I'm on.

I have a decent amount of family from my mom's side who are truckers (like 4 cousins whose dad was a trucker too). I do understand where they're coming from and I do try to be as courteous as I can. But one thing I know from talking to them is that they generally don't care about much of anything other than making the best time they possibly can. That's how they make money.

Oh, I get you there. That drives me crazy when people do that, and I see it all the time. As for making good time, that's true. The quicker you get a load delivered, the quicker you can pick up another one and the more money you can make.

Which comes to another thing that drives us crazy. I'm not driving a large truck, but I am in the same sort of business, just that I do expedited freight and I'm usually home most evenings. There are incredibly impossible expectations placed on drivers by the freight brokers or companies shipping freight. The other day I had a load going to Chicago. I picked it up on time and had only been on the road for 3 1/2 hours before my dispatcher called to see where I was. The broker called to see when the delivery was going to be made and they were getting antsy. Don't they know how long it takes to drive from Erlanger, KY to Chicago? This kind of thing happens all the time. The DOT puts strict rules on drivers about how many hours we're allowed to drive per day and how many hours we need to sleep, etc., but freight brokers and shippers constantly promise or expect delivery times that can't be met without fudging the rules or downright breaking them. Then people complain that there are too many tired truckers out there and that it's dangerous to have people driving when they're that tired. :confused:

Ltlabner
10-09-2006, 12:01 PM
If you've ever worked at a trade show, read on. If not, this prob woln't make sense to you.

You work a trade show booth which is very grueling. You spend 2 to 5 days standing on a concrete floor talking to hundreds of people. It's interesting work but very tiring. Don't forget you've spent thousands of dollars for the privledge of doing this.

As the show winds down on the last day the natural tendency is for exibitors to start breaking down the booths as it becomes obvious no more (or very few) attendees are going to be walking by.

But the tradeshow management decides to make 105 announcements that you aren't allowed to break down your booth early (the booth you paid for).......despite the fact it's 2pm on a Sunday and the exibit hall is empty. And they send people around to block the doors and prevent exibitors from carying anything out the door.

Then when the misery finally ends at 3pm they start making announcemets that exibitors should stay in their booths and wait another full hour before breaking down the booths so the carpets can be rolled up. And they make this same announcement over and over.

I guess the fact that the exibitors are the customers also (in addition to the attendees) is lost on these people. Exibitors pay exponetially more than the attendees to be at the show, yet they are harrased and hounded. The fact that we've been standing around for days and are exuasted is also lost on them. I guess the concept that the vast majority of exibitors still have to travel home that same day (after said long week) is also lost on them.

Fortunatley, the vast majority of exibitors tastefully waited till it was obvious that no one else was comming to the show, then ignored all the annoucemets and begain tearing down the booths. I was on the road by 3:25pm.

Hap
10-09-2006, 03:12 PM
football broadcasters who know very little about football