PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Knows It's Griffey: A song parody

Natty Redlocks
10-02-2006, 02:05 PM
We love you, Junior. But you need to figure it out soon, please. Exaggerated for comic effect.

(To the tune of "Windy" by the Association).

Who's limpin' 'round in deep center field,
Waving at every fly ball he sees?
Who's always hangin' out on the DL?
Everyone knows it's Griffey

Who was a ten-time AL Gold Glover?
Who coulda won a few MVPs?
Who couldn't now outrun my grandmother?
Everyone know it's Griffey

And Griffey's a super pro
He's not selfish no no no
But if he was old and slow
He'd let us know (he'd let us know....)

Who says the fans and press should all be fair?
Just let him play wherever he please?
Who's gonna be out there in his wheelchair?

BUTLER REDSFAN
10-02-2006, 02:18 PM
not from me but prepare to be negged by someone..

redsfan30
10-02-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm probably the biggest Griffey supporter on this board, and I like it.

You've got to have some sort of sense of humor about things.

RedFanAlways1966
10-02-2006, 02:29 PM
not from me but prepare to be negged by someone..

This thread would not have been complete w/out this comment. Thanks for your valuable input. Personally I am way more likely to neg someone for talking about negs than someone who is trying to be funny by re-writing lyrics.

redsupport
10-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Its called freedom and it is a perspicacious poignant and precise poem

RedFanAlways1966
10-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Its called freedom...

Not sure who or what you mean with this comment... as you like to play the intelligent one with some of your posts. However, this thing called freedom is not as your mind likes to think at a privately owned board. That freedom thing is a different thing here. I am sure even a mind like yours can understand this concept, right?

oneupper
10-02-2006, 04:11 PM
I love this stuff...
(please read the first line guys)..

It's humor, and very good, I must add...

I'd give more rep...but gotta spread it now.

Whoever negs this sort of stuff should be negged.

:jump:

Degenerate39
10-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Not bad, very creative.

Handofdeath
10-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Not sure who or what you mean with this comment... as you like to play the intelligent one with some of your posts. However, this thing called freedom is not as your mind likes to think at a privately owned board. That freedom thing is a different thing here. I am sure even a mind like yours can understand this concept, right?

He's right you know. If you call Adam Dunn fat and lazy and say he doesn't care. You're expressing an opinion but you would be negged. Even though it's true. Mostly sheep reside here.

mth123
10-02-2006, 09:58 PM
I love this kind of stuff when its good. This was good IMO.

KoryMac5
10-02-2006, 10:31 PM
I just fail to see the humor in making a song up about someone who is out their still playing with his hamstrings held together with titanium screws. Some people may like it and I respect that but not for me. How bout next time a song about the bullpen. I could go for that.

jimbo
10-02-2006, 10:36 PM
I just fail to see the humor in making a song up about someone who is out their still playing with his hamstrings held together with titanium screws. Some people may like it and I respect that but not for me.

I agree. Glad I am not alone.

WVRedsFan
10-03-2006, 02:32 AM
We love you, Junior. But you need to figure it out soon, please. Exaggerated for comic effect.

(To the tune of "Windy" by the Association).

Who's limpin' 'round in deep center field,
Waving at every fly ball he sees?
Who's always hangin' out on the DL?

Who was a ten-time AL Gold Glover?
Who coulda won a few MVPs?
Who couldn't now outrun my grandmother?
Everyone know it's Griffey

And Griffey's a super pro
He's not selfish no no no
But if he was old and slow
He'd let us know (he'd let us know....)

Who says the fans and press should all be fair?
Just let him play wherever he please?
Who's gonna be out there in his wheelchair?

Just sick.

Jr's Boy
10-03-2006, 03:07 AM
As I have responded to another up and coming Redzone poet laurrete ''Keep your day job''.:D

JEA
10-03-2006, 09:57 AM
I just fail to see the humor in making a song up about someone who is out their still playing with his hamstrings held together with titanium screws. Some people may like it and I respect that but not for me. How bout next time a song about the bullpen. I could go for that.

So, why would it be ok to make fun of the bullpen, but not Griffey? Because Griffey had surgery? Many guys in the bullpen also have had surgery and variety of injuries. Shouldn't they then be off limits too?

Anyway, I thought it was funny. See if Ryan Parker can record it for us. ;)

Handofdeath
10-03-2006, 09:57 PM

I've got one. How about "U stink but I love U" by Billy and the Boingers. THHPPTT!!!

Redsfan08
10-03-2006, 10:06 PM
hehe