PDA

View Full Version : Baseball/football question

BCubb2003
10-02-2006, 09:29 PM
On Monday Night Football, they said that one of Donovan McNabb's passes was the equivalent of a 97-mph fastball. Does that make any sense?

Shaknb8k
10-02-2006, 09:41 PM
I saw it and thought it was the biggest bunch of crap. I was talking to one of my friends about it. But if some strange its true do you think we could give him a contract?

BCubb2003
10-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Did they have some kind of scientific explanation, or was it metaphorical, as in, scoring 100 points in a basketball game is like a perfect game in baseball, or something?

Highlifeman21
10-03-2006, 03:58 AM
Did they have some kind of scientific explanation, or was it metaphorical, as in, scoring 100 points in a basketball game is like a perfect game in baseball, or something?

It was just an equivalent velocity type thing.

Distance traveled in air, with trajectory, along with speed of ball. It was something like a 29 yard pass = 97 mph throw based on the trajectory and velocity.

Not saying I believe it, but at the time it had a cool graphic to go with it, so the pretty flashing lights along with a boring game made me at least not immediately believe it to be false.

OldRightHander
10-03-2006, 12:47 PM
What that means is that if McNabb threw a fifteen yard out to Adam Dunn, Dunn would take it on the outside corner for a called strike.