PDA

View Full Version : Some good from the end of season injuries

Jefferson24
10-04-2006, 09:59 AM
In looking back it was unfortunate that Griffey and Freel went down in September but it gave the Reds a chance to take a better look at Deno and Norris. I feel like they can better plan for next year now that they have an idea of the abilities of the two outfielders.

It isn't fair to judge them on very limited playing time. At least they both had their fair share of PT the last 3 weeks. I thought they both came on strong there at the end once they became a little more comfortable. I think they both gave themselves an excellent chance at being on the opening day roster next year.

This team is heading in the right direction and we have some good young talent on the way up. I think there is a good upside for next year.

flyer85
10-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Hopper is a waste of a roster spot as an OF. His minor league track record is ZERO power and no walks. He could only be useful on a major league roster as a 25th player who could play 5 or 6 positions.

RedsFan75
10-04-2006, 10:14 AM
You mean like a Ryan Freel type. :)

flyer85
10-04-2006, 10:21 AM
You mean like a Ryan Freel type. :)Freel walks quite a bit(which is a large part of his value) and has a little power. Hopper does neither. :help: