PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Trade Idea of the Day (friday variety) Dunn for Manny

klw
10-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Adam Dunn, Rheal Cormier to the Red Sox for Manny Ramirez, Phil Seibel, and Clay Buckholz

Degenerate39
10-06-2006, 01:38 PM
I'd like that but it'll never happen

pedro
10-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Somehow I don't think Cincy'd like Manny very much.

Plus Manny has 10/5 rights and I'm pretty certain he wouldn't agree to a trade to Cincinnati.

flyer85
10-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Somehow I don't think Cincy'd like Manny very much.
:laugh:

Manny hustle(or lack thereof) would by comparison make Dunn look like Ryan Freel in terms of hustle.

And Ramirez is truly the worst OF in baseball, and by a large margin. He is much worse than Dunn.

Chip R
10-06-2006, 04:16 PM
No offense, klw, but that trade's about as crazy as Manny.

Matt700wlw
10-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Manny can be Manny on somebody else's payroll...

Jr's Boy
10-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Manny would set home run records at GABP.

vaticanplum
10-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Manny is Dunn, only more exaggerated in every possible way.

blumj
10-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Manny can be Manny on somebody else's payroll...

That's what the Red Sox keep hoping. No responsible NL GM would seriously want to trade any value for Manny. He's a great hitter, probably better than he gets credit for being, but he needs to DH or at least stick to that tiny little left field in Fenway.

Sometimes I think of WMP as an extreme version of Manny: Bigger, stronger, faster, more awkward, goofier, spacier, streakier, and slumpier.

klw
10-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Sometimes I think of WMP as an extreme version of Manny: Bigger, stronger, faster, more awkward, goofier, spacier, streakier, and slumpier.

Similar hair history too.
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/23/239262.jpg

http://mlbplayers.mlb.com/images/2006/02/19/QKjhxNRc.jpg

Chip R
10-06-2006, 05:36 PM

I would agree about stronger, faster, streakier and slumpier but I think Manny has cornered the market on goofy, spacy and awkward.

klw
10-06-2006, 05:46 PM
:laugh:

Manny hustle(or lack thereof) would by comparison make Dunn look like Ryan Freel in terms of hustle.

And Ramirez is truly the worst OF in baseball, and by a large margin. He is much worse than Dunn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/fielding?groupId=9&season=2006&seasonType=2&split=83&sortOrder=true&sortColumn=fieldingPct

Wow Manny has one ugly range factor.

Matt700wlw
10-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Dunn
WMP
Manny

An outfield that could make you cry.

blumj
10-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Dunn
WMP
Manny

An outfield that could make you cry.
But it's a terrific lineup for a homerun derby.

klw
10-06-2006, 06:27 PM
While I proposed this deal, I don't know that I would do it as the team is currently composed. While I think it helps the Reds next year, the age difference makes it potentially bad long term. Also the outfield defense would be atrocious unless Jr went to right and a fantastic CF with Jim Coombsesqe range was added. Plus at this point I am not in the trade Dunn camp but could be persuaded by the right return obviously.

Natty Redlocks
10-06-2006, 09:59 PM
I once pondered a similar trade, though it was a three-way that had Dunn going to Boston, Manny going to Baltimore, and Tejada coming here. Anyone think that's remotely plausible?

pedro
10-06-2006, 10:32 PM
I once pondered a similar trade, though it was a three-way that had Dunn going to Boston, Manny going to Baltimore, and Tejada coming here. Anyone think that's remotely plausible?

more plausible than Manny coming to cincy.

dougdirt
10-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Manny is Dunn, only more exaggerated in every possible way.

And much more of a talented baseball player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/fielding?groupId=9&season=2006&seasonType=2&split=83&sortOrder=true&sortColumn=fieldingPct

Wow Manny has one ugly range factor.
Think maybe it has a little to do with that big ugly green wall thats just 300 feet away? I imagine that thing takes away quite a few outs that Manny could get to if it werent so close.

Jim
10-09-2006, 12:57 PM
No thanks. Cincy doesn't need the problems he brings with him. UNLESS we can gag and handcuff him between games so that he can't create any problems.

blumj
10-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Think maybe it has a little to do with that big ugly green wall thats just 300 feet away? I imagine that thing takes away quite a few outs that Manny could get to if it werent so close.
First of all, there's no need to call that wall "ugly". I happen to love that wall. And, there probably is something to the stats not doing a good job of taking the wall into account, and he's less of a problem at Fenway just because the wall allows him to play very shallow and take away some hits that way, and limit doubles by having a decent arm and a quick release. Manny rates about the same as opposing left fielders at Fenway, and much worse than them on the road. Which is why I believe the Red Sox haven't been able to trade him to this point, because he is more valuable to them than most of the teams they could trade him to, they get to turn him into an average left fielder for half their games.