PDA

View Full Version : My attempt at a trade proposal

TStuck
10-06-2006, 01:21 PM
So often I sit and shake my head when I read the latest crazy trade proposal that gets tossed around here on the board. Today I gather up my courage and with fear and trembling try my hand at it. I'm not sure why I'm willingly subjecting myself to the same grief that so many before me have received, but here's a try......

Reds get:
Chien-Ming Wang
Alex Rodriguez
Melky Cabrera

Yankees get:
Todd Coffey
Adam Dunn
Jason LaRue
Matt Belisle
Eric Milton

(stepping back to take a last look before the carnage ensues....)
Here's my thinking.....
1. We need a shortstop - even though A Rod has played 3rd the last couple of years, he is first and foremost a SS. And it seems there is a growing sentiment for the Yanks to move him out of town.
2. Wang is a good ground ball type pitcher and we can use all of those we can get.
3. Cabrera gives us a young (22) replacement LF for Dunn.
4. Coffey and Belisle offer the Bombers a couple of attractive live arms that can either both work out of the bullpen or Belisle could also start. The Reds could also possibly interchange Dumatrait, Majewski, or Elizardo to come up with 2 names the Yankees would like.
5. We obviously are going to move LaRue. Yanks have 2 35 year old catchers (Posada & Fasano). At a minimum, LaRue offers a significant upgrade over Fasano as a back-up.
6. You have to give something to get something - Dunn is the most attractive trade offering we have. In NY, he could DH or play LF or 1B (on days Matsui or Giambi don't start). He's a young player with possibly more untapped potential.
7. Dollars - Milton sends a starting pitcher back to the Yankees and helps to balance out some of the dollar difference due to A Rod's big contract. He pitched some nice games this summer and didn't look the total dog he was last year. Perhaps his bigger drawback presently is his injury status. Since he will be in the final year of his contract, the Yanks aren't on the hook for a long term contract if he tanks in returning to the AL.

OK - share your thoughts. I'm open to constructive criticism, but keep any uncontrollable laughing to yourself.:mooner: I'm sensitive you know.

klw
10-06-2006, 01:23 PM
I think you would need the Reds to include Encarnacion to have the Yankees interested in this. If you don't they have a hole at third. I doubt they move Wang unless they get a good starter in the package he has been too reliable and successfull for them.

fewfirstchoice
10-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Yanks probably dont do that deal,not receiving enough back from the Reds.

SultanOfSwing
10-06-2006, 01:26 PM
I think you would need the Reds to include Encarnacion to have the Yankees interested in this. If you don't they have a hole at third. I doubt they move Wang unless they get a good starter in the package he has been too reliable and successfull for them.
Or Griffey. But I think Wang is pretty untouchable right now.

HumnHilghtFreel
10-06-2006, 01:31 PM
6. You have to give something to get something - Dunn is the most attractive trade offering we have. In NY, he could DH or play LF or 1B

You do have to give something to get something, but they'd be giving a LOT more just to get Dunn. If Wayne pulled off that deal, I would turn to face Cincy 5 times a day and worship.

Tom Servo
10-06-2006, 01:31 PM
You could take Melky out and I'd still make that trade in a heartbeat. There's no way the Yankees are trading Wang (unless they're getting can't miss world-beaters in return) though.

TStuck
10-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Great feedback so far.... Thanks.
My first version left Cabrera out, but I included him later to fill our left field hole and to not make the number of players involved quite so lopsided.

Wang is definitely a plus for the Yankee right now - it would definitely be a tough negotiation to get him.

Yeah - the 3rd base hole for the Yankees would be an issue. I was reluctant to throw EdE in the mix though. Just couldn't bring myself to part with him.
Could possibly throw another of the pitchers I mentioned in to try to sweeten the pot a bit.

TStuck
10-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Here's another thought ( o man this is gonna start a debate..)
Do you consider Wang an upgrade over Arroyo? Do you switch out Milton for Arroyo?:eek:

This would make it
Reds get:
A Rod
Wang
Melky

Yanks get:
Dunner
Arroyo
Belisle
Coffey
LaRue

Slyder
10-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Here's another thought ( o man this is gonna start a debate..)
Do you consider Wang an upgrade over Arroyo? Do you switch out Milton for Arroyo?:eek:

This would make it
Reds get:
A Rod
Wang
Melky

Yanks get:
Dunner
Arroyo
Belisle
Coffey
LaRue

The Yanks are not going to trade Wang unless they get absolutely blown away by an offer. Moose, Lidle, and i think another starter are FAs and Johnson has stunk this year and not getting any younger. They are going to keep Wang. Any trade with Wang wont fly.

jamess697
10-06-2006, 03:19 PM
I think that we would be dumb to get A-Rod. He simply makes to much money. Griffey and Milton are way over paid but A-Rod would kill the rest of the team. Here is my trade proposal:

Houston gets
Adam Dunn-OF
Elizardo Rameriz-p

Cincinnati gets
Brad Lidge-CP
Chad Qualls-RP

Also make a deal with Colorado

Colorado gets
Ken Griffey Jr.
Tyler Pelland
Matt Belisle

Cincinnati gets
Jeff Francis-SP
Matt Holliday-LF

So in the end we get younger and deeper in the rotation and the bullpen. Also we replace Dunn with a true LF that can hit and for power, and play defense. This could realisticly happen.

SultanOfSwing
10-06-2006, 03:21 PM
I think that we would be dumb to get A-Rod. He simply makes to much money. Griffey and Milton are way over paid but A-Rod would kill the rest of the team. Here is my trade proposal:

Houston gets
Adam Dunn-OF
Elizardo Rameriz-p

Cincinnati gets
Brad Lidge-CP
Chad Qualls-RP

Also make a deal with Colorado

Colorado gets
Ken Griffey Jr.
Tyler Pelland
Matt Belisle

Cincinnati gets
Jeff Francis-SP
Matt Holliday-LF

So in the end we get younger and deeper in the rotation and the bullpen. Also we replace Dunn with a true LF that can hit and for power, and play defense. This could realisticly happen.

Why would Griffey and throw-ins net us a very good SP and a great OF? Especially when Dunn and a very good SP prospect only nets us a average to good RP and closer whose value has dropped dramatically and whose ability is in question?

joshnky
10-06-2006, 03:35 PM
I think that we would be dumb to get A-Rod. He simply makes to much money. Griffey and Milton are way over paid but A-Rod would kill the rest of the team.

I believe Texas is picking up a portion of his salary and NY could pick up some as well. However, I feel this trade is ridiculous as NY is giving up one of the top 5 pitchers in the AL this year, a future hall of famer (although much maligned), and a rising star in Cabrera for Dunn (who Reds fans don't want) and other players we could live with out.

A realistic deal for those 3 would be to send Dunn, Homer, and Edwin, and even then NY probably wouldn't do it. Think about it: Dunn for ARod is probably a wash, Wang is doing what we hope Homer will be doing in two years, and Cabrera could be a similar player to EE next year.

schroomytunes
10-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Well hell why were at it heres my 2 offseason trade proposals.

1) Reds trade:
Adam Dunn
Chris Denorfia
Matt Belisle

Rockies trade:
Brad Hawpe(OF)
Clint Barmes(ss)
Aaron Cook(sp)

2)Reds trade:
Adam Dunn
Todd Coffey

Houston trades:
Brad Lidge(cl)
Luke Scott(of)

Degenerate39
10-06-2006, 03:58 PM
and a rising star at 3B for Dunn (who Reds fans don't want) and other players we could live with out.

Then I'm the only want that ones Dunn :(. Hopefully He'll change some minds next season

Slyder
10-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Why does everyone want to trade Dunn plus for Lidge plus? Lidge BLEW this year. Lidge also makes a ton of money, his value is at an all time low if you want to try and get him Id find someone who "needs a change of scenary" and then you can work a 3 team deal maybe with Washington and the core of that trade be (for example):

Houston acquires:
Ryan Wagner
plus a guy with a "bad contract"

Washington acquires:
Eric Milton

We acquire:
Brad Lidge

Headcases with lots of cash all around. Of course minut things would have to be taken care of.
I doubt that happens but trading Dunn for Lidge is pointless right now cause Lidge has to show he is back.

Remember Mark Wohlers? Thats the type of situation we are probably looking at with Lidge.

Patrick Bateman
10-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Well hell why were at it heres my 2 offseason trade proposals.

1) Reds trade:
Adam Dunn
Chris Denorfia
Matt Belisle

Rockies trade:
Brad Hawpe(OF)
Clint Barmes(ss)
Aaron Cook(sp)

2)Reds trade:
Adam Dunn
Todd Coffey

Houston trades:
Brad Lidge(cl)
Luke Scott(of)

I think you are seriously selling Dunn short.

Slyder
10-06-2006, 05:49 PM
I agree AK. Since everyone else is firing off very little chance deals. If everyone's as hard on Dunn what about maybe breaking the Yankees bum out of NY and talking to the Yankees and trying to work:

NYY Trade:
Alex Rodriguez
and Cash

Cincy Trades:
Adam Dunn
Eric Milton
and a spect

Move ARod back to SS where he won multiple GGs, and in a bandbox like GABP should be a nice change from Yankee Stadium. The guy hit .290, 121 RBIs, 113 runs, stole 15 bases and hes demonized for having a "Down year". Heck 3/4 of the players in baseball would love to have that as their "down year". With the Rangers and Yanks paying a good portion of the contract (and Milton gone) we can go out and get what we need.

If we didnt sign anyone else:
1 Freel/Denorfia RF/CF
2 Phillips 2b
3 A Rod SS
4 Ed E 3b
5 Griffey CF/LF
6 Guillen RF/LF
7 Hatteberg 1b
8 Ross C

Krusty
10-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Earlier this season I proposed a Dunn for Wang deal and was crucified by many. I still think a deal would work especially with Wang being a sinkerball pitcher.

But the Yankees would probably offer Pavano for Griffey instead.

mth123
10-06-2006, 08:49 PM
The original trade won't ever happen and I usually don't like to speculate about these things because its impossible, but there is one area of bright logic in the deal. That logic involves Jason Larue. As the poster states the Yankees have 2 35 year old catchers and I believe that Posada is a free agent. The Yanks could absorb Larue's contract or have a number of overpriced guys they could send back that would fill needs in Cincy. Larue would probably fill a role on the Yankees that they need. There aren't really many better options available in Free Agency.

I think a Larue trade to the NYY makes a lot of sense. Here are some returns that seem realistic to me, but maybe not.

1. Brian Bruney would be interesting in return. He throws mid-90s and was once thought of as a future closer. Brian Bruney and playflex would be pretty good from the Reds perspective. This would be my preferred option.

2.If higher priced guys need to be exchanged, Kyle Farnsworth will make Larue money in 2007 and could be good for the pen. I think he's been a disappointment in NY. We all know he throws hard and Paul Willson will be gone next year:) . This is the least realistic option so probably not.

3. Another option that I would need more information for is Carl Pavano. Pavano has two years remaining at a high price and the Yanks would have to pay the difference in any deal in this proposal. They may do it because it gets him off of their books for the Excess Salary Portion of Revenue sharing and he has worn out his welcome in NY. If he is DFA'd he still counts in the Revenue sharing formula, but a trade for Larue would give the Yankees $ relief even if they pay his entire salary. What I don't know is if he is any good anymore or has a chance to be good. I think his arm is still healthy. His injuries have been other non-arm problems I believe. I understand that he was looking good in rehab but broke his ribs in a car accident. I'm struggling to find Fly Ball-Ground Ball stats, but his HR rate was pretty good for 3 years with Florida (could be the park I guess). Any thoughts on him? Would he be an OK option at the back of the rotation? He's only 30.

fewfirstchoice
10-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Dunn
Phillips
E.E.
Larue
Milton

for

A-rod
Cano
Hughes(I think thats his name,pitching prospect)
cash$$$$

Not sure if they would part with Cano but if they did that would be a great deal for Cincy.If that got done they could sign Aurilla back to play 3rd with Alex Rodriguez at SS and Cano at 2nd and Hatte at 1st.Then we could put JR. in right and Freel in CF then Dino in left.It would be a pretty good lineup.

joshnky
10-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Dunn
Phillips
E.E.
Larue
Milton

for

A-rod
Cano
Hughes(I think thats his name,pitching prospect)
cash$$$$

Not sure if they would part with Cano but if they did that would be a great deal for Cincy.If that got done they could sign Aurilla back to play 3rd with Alex Rodriguez at SS and Cano at 2nd and Hatte at 1st.Then we could put JR. in right and Freel in CF then Dino in left.It would be a pretty good lineup.

This is probably the most realistic trade idea on here but it wouldn't be a good idea for the Reds. Can ARod and Cano replace the offense lost by trading Dunn, Phillips, and EE? Also I'd love to get Hughes but just like Homer, he is no sure thing. Besides this would be a blockbuster to top all blockbusters and deals like these rarely happen.

fewfirstchoice
10-06-2006, 10:45 PM
I think that A-ROD and Cano can make up for most of the power and run production that those three had,but NO not all of it.I think the Reds would maybe have to sign or trade for another B type outfielder to help make up the lost production.I mean Cano and Phillips and Dunn and A-ROD power numbers basically cancel each other out but there AVG. and on base percentage are better,they also have better RBI numbers's compared to the 2 Reds players.But yes I agree It would be hard to get deal to happen.

mth123
10-06-2006, 11:24 PM
The original trade won't ever happen and I usually don't like to speculate about these things because its impossible, but there is one area of bright logic in the deal. That logic involves Jason Larue. As the poster states the Yankees have 2 35 year old catchers and I believe that Posada is a free agent. The Yanks could absorb Larue's contract or have a number of overpriced guys they could send back that would fill needs in Cincy. Larue would probably fill a role on the Yankees that they need. There aren't really many better options available in Free Agency.

I think a Larue trade to the NYY makes a lot of sense. Here are some returns that seem realistic to me, but maybe not.

1. Brian Bruney would be interesting in return. He throws mid-90s and was once thought of as a future closer. Brian Bruney and playflex would be pretty good from the Reds perspective. This would be my preferred option.

2.If higher priced guys need to be exchanged, Kyle Farnsworth will make Larue money in 2007 and could be good for the pen. I think he's been a disappointment in NY. We all know he throws hard and Paul Willson will be gone next year:) . This is the least realistic option so probably not.

3. Another option that I would need more information for is Carl Pavano. Pavano has two years remaining at a high price and the Yanks would have to pay the difference in any deal in this proposal. They may do it because it gets him off of their books for the Excess Salary Portion of Revenue sharing and he has worn out his welcome in NY. If he is DFA'd he still counts in the Revenue sharing formula, but a trade for Larue would give the Yankees $ relief even if they pay his entire salary. What I don't know is if he is any good anymore or has a chance to be good. I think his arm is still healthy. His injuries have been other non-arm problems I believe. I understand that he was looking good in rehab but broke his ribs in a car accident. I'm struggling to find Fly Ball-Ground Ball stats, but his HR rate was pretty good for 3 years with Florida (could be the park I guess). Any thoughts on him? Would he be an OK option at the back of the rotation? He's only 30.

Just saw that Bruney emerged in 20 appearances for the NYY this year. Probably can't get him for Larue. I was remembering the 7+ ERA guy from 2005. My bad. I told you that I hate speculating on trades. I still think NYY would be a good fit for a LaRue deal.

Redhook
10-07-2006, 09:41 AM
IMO, there is no way we get A-Rod. Let's say our payroll is $75 million next year. He makes $25 million. I don't know what portion Texas is paying, but having one guy that would make approximately 33% of the payroll is ridiculous. I just don't think it's possible. And what if he ended up getting hurt like JR. has been every year? The Reds would be absolutely decimated.

blumj
10-07-2006, 10:14 AM
He makes $25 million. I don't know what portion Texas is paying, but having one guy that would make approximately 33% of the payroll is ridiculous.

Texas pays $9 million, the Yankees pay him $16 million a year.

fewfirstchoice
10-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Then if the Reds trade for A-ROD they could spin probably about 5 mil. back to the Yanks,this would leave the Reds paying 11 mil. with Texas picking up 9 mil. not to bad.But this is probably the only way Cincy could pick up A-ROD.

Redsfan08
10-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Adunn
Milton
encarnacion
and not bailey but that other prospect pitcher we got to yanks
belisle

to reds melkey cabrera
a-rod
and wang

redsfanmia
10-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Why dont we trade all of our overpaid garbage for A-Rod and then have the Yankees pay 10 million of his salary?

Highlifeman21
10-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Why dont we trade all of our overpaid garbage for A-Rod and then have the Yankees pay 10 million of his salary?

:thumbup:

Have them throw in M. Rivera too, since he's washed up... :beerme:

ChatterRed
10-07-2006, 09:42 PM
I can honestly say that these are some of the dumbest trades I've ever read on this board.

The only thing I'm sure of is that A-Rod will probably get traded to someone in the offseason. I also believe that the Yanks will probably have to contribute toward his salary (along with what Texas is paying) BECAUSE almost nobody else can afford him.

The Reds could probably trade Dunn, Milton, Coffey, and a prospect (not Bailey, Votto, or Bruce) and get A-Rod. They could probably throw in LaRue too. I would do that deal.......but I absolutely would not trade EE or Phillips. Nor would I trade Arroyo. We would be unloading alot of overpaid non-producing mediocre players, except for maybe Coffey (at 24, he has alot of upside). I'd love to dump Dunn, Milton, and LaRue. I wish we could dump Griffey on someone.

An infield of EE, A-Rod, Phillips, Aurillia, Hatteberg, Castro would be strong in my opinion. Then sign atleast one FA for the outfield to fill atleast the LH spot.

guttle11
10-07-2006, 09:50 PM
So often I sit and shake my head when I read the latest crazy trade proposal that gets tossed around here on the board. Today I gather up my courage and with fear and trembling try my hand at it. I'm not sure why I'm willingly subjecting myself to the same grief that so many before me have received, but here's a try......

Reds get:
Chien-Ming Wang
Alex Rodriguez
Melky Cabrera

Yankees get:
Todd Coffey
Adam Dunn
Jason LaRue
Matt Belisle
Eric Milton

(stepping back to take a last look before the carnage ensues....)
Here's my thinking.....
1. We need a shortstop - even though A Rod has played 3rd the last couple of years, he is first and foremost a SS. And it seems there is a growing sentiment for the Yanks to move him out of town.
2. Wang is a good ground ball type pitcher and we can use all of those we can get.
3. Cabrera gives us a young (22) replacement LF for Dunn.
4. Coffey and Belisle offer the Bombers a couple of attractive live arms that can either both work out of the bullpen or Belisle could also start. The Reds could also possibly interchange Dumatrait, Majewski, or Elizardo to come up with 2 names the Yankees would like.
5. We obviously are going to move LaRue. Yanks have 2 35 year old catchers (Posada & Fasano). At a minimum, LaRue offers a significant upgrade over Fasano as a back-up.
6. You have to give something to get something - Dunn is the most attractive trade offering we have. In NY, he could DH or play LF or 1B (on days Matsui or Giambi don't start). He's a young player with possibly more untapped potential.
7. Dollars - Milton sends a starting pitcher back to the Yankees and helps to balance out some of the dollar difference due to A Rod's big contract. He pitched some nice games this summer and didn't look the total dog he was last year. Perhaps his bigger drawback presently is his injury status. Since he will be in the final year of his contract, the Yanks aren't on the hook for a long term contract if he tanks in returning to the AL.

OK - share your thoughts. I'm open to constructive criticism, but keep any uncontrollable laughing to yourself.:mooner: I'm sensitive you know.

Take out Wang and add Bruce and I think the Yankees would talk.

ChatterRed
10-07-2006, 09:53 PM
I think the Reds should concentrate on trading overpaid players, and overrated players like Dunn. If they could get rid of Griffey, it would be icing on the cake. Trim payroll, then use it to sign more pitching in Free Agency. Fill in your needs through FA short term.........work on developing Bailey, Bruce, and Votto and fill in the position players with young talent, build a strong bullpen and starting rotation through FA and with Bailey.

The Braves lived by pitching for so long. There's no reason we can't do it.

Dump salary - Dunn, Griffey, LaRue, Milton, etc.

Highlifeman21
10-07-2006, 10:09 PM
I think the Reds should concentrate on trading overpaid players, and overrated players like Dunn. If they could get rid of Griffey, it would be icing on the cake. Trim payroll, then use it to sign more pitching in Free Agency. Fill in your needs through FA short term.........work on developing Bailey, Bruce, and Votto and fill in the position players with young talent, build a strong bullpen and starting rotation through FA and with Bailey.

The Braves lived by pitching for so long. There's no reason we can't do it.

Dump salary - Dunn, Griffey, LaRue, Milton, etc.

Dunn = Salary dump

I've read it all now....

:bang: :eek: :bang: :eek:

Krusty
10-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Let me throw this three-way deal that would involve the Reds, Orioles and Angels:

Reds trade: Adam Dunn
Reds receive: RHP Ervin Santana, OF Jay Gibbons

Baltimore trades: Shortstop Miguel Tejada, OF Jay Gibbons
Baltimore receives: OF Adam Dunn, shortstop Erick Aybar

Angels trade: RHP Ervin Santana, shortsop Erick Aybar
Angels receive: Shortstop Miguel Tejada

Reds: Reds get a solid rotation with Harang, Arroyo and Santana as the big three. The remainder of the rotation would be filled with the likes of Milton, Claussen, Lohse and hopefully Bailey by Memorial Day. Trading Dunn gives the Reds more payroll flex to pursue free agents. Gibbons is a lefthanded bat that can be an option in RF (Griffey or Freel would shift to LF).

Baltimore: It is no secret that Tejada wants out of Baltimore. But the Orioles lack punch already and any deal involving Tejada would require at least a big bat coming back. Dunn provides that and Aybar gets a shot of being the everyday shortstop where he is being blocked by Orlando Cabrera in the Angels depth chart.

Angels: Angels are looking for power in the corners and a centerfielder. Tejada would play third base for the Angels. With young starters like Weaver and Saunders impressive last season and with the expected return of Bartolo Colon, the Angels can afford to part with a starter for that protection for Guerrero in the lineup.

ChatterRed
10-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Dunn = Salary dump

I've read it all now....

:bang: :eek: :bang: :eek:

I seriously don't think you're going to get very much in return for the guy. So in essence, it is a salary dump. He and Griffey are the white elephant's of this roster.

Sorry. I see you disagree. But Dunn sucks. I personally pin not making the playoffs on his 5 total rbi over the final 4 to 6 weeks, whichever it was. He was flat out atrocious, and honestly, I don't think he even cares.

fearofpopvol1
10-08-2006, 12:35 AM
No way the Yankees are going to trade any of their GOOD pitching after today. We all saw what the best offensive lineup in baseball netted.

ChatterRed
10-08-2006, 12:39 AM
No way the Yankees are going to trade any of their GOOD pitching after today. We all saw what the best offensive lineup in baseball netted.

Exactly why I said build your team around pitching.

Arroyo
Harang
????........Bailey
Sign 2 other quality starters............dump salary at position players.

Highlifeman21
10-08-2006, 04:03 AM
I seriously don't think you're going to get very much in return for the guy. So in essence, it is a salary dump. He and Griffey are the white elephant's of this roster.

Sorry. I see you disagree. But Dunn sucks. I personally pin not making the playoffs on his 5 total rbi over the final 4 to 6 weeks, whichever it was. He was flat out atrocious, and honestly, I don't think he even cares.

1. Dunn doesn't suck. Quite the opposite. He had a bad end of the 2006 season, yet still led our position players in winshares. Get over it. He's still our best position player.

2. Dunn is far from a salary dump. That idea alone just makes me laugh outloud. Let Adam Dunn be Adam Dunn for the Cincinnati Reds and we'll see good things.

3. Yes, we need pitching, but moving Dunn won't get us the pitching we need. Adam Dunn's value is highest as a Cincinnati Red.

ChatterRed
10-08-2006, 10:17 AM
1. Dunn doesn't suck. Quite the opposite. He had a bad end of the 2006 season, yet still led our position players in winshares. Get over it. He's still our best position player.

2. Dunn is far from a salary dump. That idea alone just makes me laugh outloud. Let Adam Dunn be Adam Dunn for the Cincinnati Reds and we'll see good things.

3. Yes, we need pitching, but moving Dunn won't get us the pitching we need. Adam Dunn's value is highest as a Cincinnati Red.

Well, if he's our best player. We're in a world of hurt.

Better dump everyone then.

A .235 hitter who leads the league in K's, can hardly knock in 100 rbis, and doesn't see the need for extra batting practice........is hardly in high demand.

ChatterRed
10-08-2006, 10:33 AM
http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/reds/2006/10/08/ddn100806mccoy.html

Even Hal McCoy thinks they should trade him. Lance McAllister has a poll question and 84% of the people think we should trade him.

I only disagree with how much value they think we'll get in return. No way you get a frontline starter for Dunn. Only if you package him with several players, MAYBE.

Krusty
10-08-2006, 10:50 AM
I don't know. Willy Mo Pena playing part-time got us Bronson Arroyo. And I'm not saying the Kearns/Lopez deal was a total flop. If Bray and Majeski improve next season then the middle relief should be solid.

But Dunn is the most marketable. If you're going to trade Dunn, you must get an outfielder along with a starter in return.

mth123
10-08-2006, 12:40 PM
26 Year olds (any age actually) who have put up 3 consecutive 40 HR seasons with a high OBP are pretty rare in Major league history. If that isn't a valuable commodity, then not many things in baseball are valuable IMO.