PDA

View Full Version : What now for George and Chris?

Jim Fazio
10-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Now that Thom has been hired for tv as well as radio, where does that leave George Grande and Chris Welsch. Will their roles change?

redsfan30
10-07-2006, 10:27 AM
From the way it sounds, George will do 100, with Thom doing the other 45. Chris is rumored to be doing all 145 games.

RedLegSuperStar
10-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Bet Grand put in a request for the Cards games..

jnwohio
10-07-2006, 11:16 AM
I thought I heard somewhere in the media barrage that Grande is working 100 games, Creeeper is working 120-125 games and the as of yet unnamed "2nd new guy" who will work 120 games in the radio booth would work the TV games Creeper does not work.

If there is only one more new guy besides Thom, we know that whenever Thom works TV, Creeper will be working with him becasue the other new guy will be working the radio booth with Marty on those games.

It seems to me though the math comes up a litte short all around to keep both boothes covered at 2 in each booth with 5 guys knowing the number of games each guy will supposedly work (remember Marty takes those 2 in season breaks now. I figure that at a dozen games). Joe is supposedly in for up to 12 games health permitting but Allen did not seem real firm on that acually happening (Joes health?). I am guessing we will end up seeing someone from the pregame/ postgame TV crew (Jeff Picaro or Jim Day) filling out the TV booth 10 or 12 times during the season like happened this year when George missed some games.

Dom Heffner
10-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Bet Grand put in a request for the Cards games..

Only the ones Edmonds starts. It's in his contract that he must show up, check the lineup card, and if Edmonds name is there, game on.

TOBTTReds
10-07-2006, 11:32 AM
From the way it sounds, George will do 100, with Thom doing the other 45. Chris is rumored to be doing all 145 games.

Somebody on the hot seat? He cannot like this demotion. I, on the other hand, am very excited.

Joseph
10-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Somebody on the hot seat? He cannot like this demotion. I, on the other hand, am very excited.

We all know how rumors go, but rumor has it that there wasn't as much joy at the expansion of the TV schedule on the part of Grande and Welsh as there was in the rest of Redsland.

TOBTTReds
10-07-2006, 12:28 PM
We all know how rumors go, but rumor has it that there wasn't as much joy at the expansion of the TV schedule on the part of Grande and Welsh as there was in the rest of Redsland.

Ah, that's sad.:cry:

Matt700wlw
10-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Only the ones Edmonds starts. It's in his contract that he must show up, check the lineup card, and if Edmonds name is there, game on.

Edmonds (I believe) is a free agent....

If he came to cincinnati, George would get arrested for public indecency...

RedLegSuperStar
10-07-2006, 01:03 PM

Classic Matt! :laugh: :laugh:

justincredible
10-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Don't forget about his other man-crush, Albert Pull-Holtz.

geniusMoment
10-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah, George can't let a broadcast go by without talking about his big Prince Albert. It's weird that he brags about his giant Prince Albert but he won't say damn.

redsfanmia
10-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Yeah, George can't let a broadcast go by without talking about his big Prince Albert. It's weird that he brags about his giant Prince Albert but he won't say damn.

Albert is pretty damn good.

wheels
10-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Albert is pretty damn good.

I don't think you get what he means by "Prince Albert".:p:

Heath
10-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Check out the other teams with broadcasters (you can find them on their official websites) and you can see how things are gravitating from 2 radio broadcasters/2 TV broadcasters to a plethera matching of time frames where there are 5-8 people rotating out either by TV or radio.

Hollcat
10-08-2006, 09:53 PM
I don't think you get what he means by "Prince Albert".:p:

I don't know what he means either. How about an explanation.

redsfan30
10-08-2006, 10:09 PM
I don't know what he means either. How about an explanation.

Can't.....it's a family board.

;)

KronoRed
10-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Don't google it..really don't.

Yachtzee
10-09-2006, 12:12 AM

Or stalking.

(Edmonds' phone rings)
(Edmonds runs across the room, slows a few steps and dives for the receiver)

Edmonds: Hello?
Grande: Well Hi, Hello and How are ya?
Edmonds: Aw come on George. I told you to stop calling!
Grande: I heard that you were having a few friends over and was wondering if you wanted your BFF to come over too.
Edmonds: Listen George, I told you before. I'm glad you're a fan of my work, but we are not now nor have we ever been "Best Friends Forever." You know I'm BFF with the ESPN producer who picks the Web Gems. Speaking of which, I gotta go. I need to call them and tell them to put on a few more clips of Griffey getting hurt. Then I need to have a few words with this Farney character is that Freel is always talking about. He's cramping my style, man. Is there anything else before I hang up on you, George?
Grande: Well, If you don't want me to come over...you wouldn't happen to have Leann Tweeden's number, would you?

(Later on Sportscenter, Edmonds' dive for the phone is the featured Web Gem. Then, in breaking news, Griffey is shown pulling a hamstring while cooking burgers on the grill. Farney's whereabouts are still unknown, except to one Ryan Freel.)

TeamSelig
10-09-2006, 02:35 PM
lmao

"(Edmonds runs across the room, slows a few steps and dives for the receiver)" brilliant