PDA

View Full Version : Yankees buy back Game 4

JaxRed
10-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Detroit (AP): In a shocking, unprecedented, development, the New York Yankees have purchased the Game 4 win from the Detroit Tigers. The Yankees reportedly paid $25 million for the win.

George Steinbrenner announced the purchase in a 10 PM Press Conference. "The indirect method of purchasing wins had left too much to chance. I felt I had to take positive steps to further the Yankees legacy. Lord know the players weren't doing it."

Tigers owner Michael Ilitch who earlier had stated that 2006 was the first year the Tigers had made a profit, justified the purchase: "I feel strongly that the Tigers can sell Game 4 and still beat the Yankees".

MLB Officials have been huddling ever since the annoucement trying to determine whether it is legal, and what their response should be.

RFS62
10-07-2006, 11:51 PM
It was just a matter of time.

Topcat
10-08-2006, 03:03 AM
Detroit (AP): In a shocking, unprecedented, development, the New York Yankees have purchased the Game 4 win from the Detroit Tigers. The Yankees reportedly paid $25 million for the win.

George Steinbrenner announced the purchase in a 10 PM Press Conference. "The indirect method of purchasing wins had left too much to chance. I felt I had to take positive steps to further the Yankees legacy. Lord know the players weren't doing it."

Tigers owner Michael Ilitch who earlier had stated that 2006 was the first year the Tigers had made a profit, justified the purchase: "I feel strongly that the Tigers can sell Game 4 and still beat the Yankees".

MLB Officials have been huddling ever since the annoucement trying to determine whether it is legal, and what their response should be.

Screw that get 15 Million or 20 mill and give them a do over ;)

GAC
10-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Screw that get 15 Million or 20 mill and give them a do over ;)

The way the Yanks have played in the post-season, I don't think a "do over" would help much. Just prolong the agony. ;)

TeamCasey
10-08-2006, 01:35 PM
:d

BCubb2003
10-08-2006, 01:45 PM
In other transactions, the Cincinnati Reds have traded the first three games of the 2007 season to the Chicago Cubs for Ryan Dempster and Glendon Rusch.

alloverjr
10-08-2006, 10:57 PM
In other transactions, the Cincinnati Reds have traded the first three games of the 2007 season to the Chicago Cubs for Ryan Dempster and Glendon Rusch.

Krivsky never learns.

Topcat
10-09-2006, 02:23 AM

What a steal ! World Series here we come !:beerme:

Ron Madden
10-09-2006, 02:39 AM

Wayne Had To Do Somthing. ;)