PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer

GAC
10-10-2006, 07:45 AM
The movie is due out next June. Tim Story to direct again. Glenn Boswell (the Matrix trilogy) and Mike Mitchell (X-Men: The Last Stand) will be coordinating the stunts.

Doctor Doom was melted and frozen solid by the Fantastic Four and then shipped to Latveria at the end of the first film. Tim Story has confirmed that Doctor Doom will be back in this movie and he will also be as he describes it as "Full Doom". Doug Jones (Abe Sapien in Hellboy) will portray the Silver Surfer.

Tom Rothman, Chairman of Fox Filmed Entertainment, has confirmed that Galactus will also appear in the film.

RedFanAlways1966
10-10-2006, 09:12 AM
I am not a comic book reader, but I am a guitar player who is a big fan of guitarist Joe Satriani. The title of this movie makes me think of Satriani... he is a big Silver Surfer fan.

From wikipedia... Satriani's work freqently makes references to various science fiction stories and/or ideas. "Surfing With the Alien", "Back to Shalla-Bal" and "The Power Cosmic 2000" are references to the comic book Silver Surfer.

His 2nd album was titled "Surfing With The Alien" and the cover is below. I assume this is the Silver Surfer!

Puffy
10-10-2006, 10:52 AM
In other comic book news, Jon Favreu is directing Ironman and he has just confirmed that Robert Downey, Jr. will be playing Tony Stark/Ironman.

Johnny Footstool
10-10-2006, 11:12 AM
In other comic book news, Jon Favreu is directing Ironman and he has just confirmed that Robert Downey, Jr. will be playing Tony Stark/Ironman.

That's a nice piece of casting. Good choice to play the brilliant, troubled, alcoholic Tony Stark.

Now if someone would just cast Paul Reubens as The Joker...

KronoRed
10-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Now if someone would just cast Paul Reubens as The Joker...
Not brooding enough for the Batman films...I suppose.

Matt700wlw
10-10-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm waiting for the Aquaman movie...

:)

RFS62
10-10-2006, 07:59 PM

:)

http://www.hbo.com/entourage/img/90x94/actor/season03/vince_90.jpg

Dom Heffner
10-10-2006, 10:32 PM

Better hope a villian is chasing you near salt water, otherwise Aquaman is as useful as a nail with two heads.

GAC
10-11-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm a fan of the super heroes from the 50s/60s. That's how I remember them.

I quit reading/collecting comic books in the early 70s, and alot of the characters have evolved/changed so much that I haven't kept up and I have had a hard time accepting how they have changed.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Iron Man.

I liked the X-Men series, but again, it's not how I remember them.

I, like Jerry Seinfeld, was a Superman nut (World's Finest, Action, Adventure). And I never really liked the Christopher Reeve's portrayal at all.

I really liked Keaton's Batman (the 1st one); but Batman Begins is one of my favorites.

I think they have so far done a really good job with the Spidey movies.

Disappointed in the Hulk and Dare Devil.

FF was OK. I'm glad they are doing a sequel.

GAC
10-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Better hope a villian is chasing you near salt water, otherwise Aquaman is as useful as a nail with two heads.

Maybe he will battle the often misunderstood and complex Prince Namor? ;)

http://www.samruby.com/Heroes/Submariner/Submariner.gif

Johnny Footstool
10-11-2006, 10:28 AM
The Spidey movies have been my favorite superhero films by far. Aside from the bad Green Goblin costume, they've been nearly perfect.

Puffy
10-11-2006, 10:53 AM
The Spidey movies have been my favorite superhero films by far. Aside from the bad Green Goblin costume, they've been nearly perfect.

word.

Although Batman Begins is a close second (and if Batman 2 is as good as Spiderman 2 - look out)

savafan
01-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Hehehe...well, here's the Iron Man news I was looking for.

FF: ROTSS Trailer...effects look amazing!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/large.html

savafan
01-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Maybe he will battle the often misunderstood and complex Prince Namor? ;)

http://www.samruby.com/Heroes/Submariner/Submariner.gif

I heard Chris Columbus was working on a Prince Namor movie, but had to leave the project...

RedsFan75
01-22-2007, 10:28 AM
The Ghost Rider trailer looked great, so I'm looking forward to seeing that one as well.

TRF
01-22-2007, 10:37 AM
IMO the Huk movie is way underrated. It's slow at time, but then so is the comic. And the ending was great. No crappy piano, just Banner going somewhere he can help.

Daredevil sucked wind, though Colin Ferrel's Bulleseye was really good.

Punisher was probably my favorite of the superhero movies so far.

I loathed the first FF movie, but I am glad they brought the original cast back for the second film. I like continuity.

Looking forward to all the superhero films this year. Ghost Rider, Spidey 3, FF 2. DC is lagging way behind. We need a Green Lantern movie. A Flash and Wonder Woman movie wouldn't be bad either.

Puffy
01-22-2007, 11:13 AM
IMO the Huk movie is way underrated. It's slow at time, but then so is the comic. And the ending was great. No crappy piano, just Banner going somewhere he can help.

Daredevil sucked wind, though Colin Ferrel's Bulleseye was really good.

Punisher was probably my favorite of the superhero movies so far.

I loathed the first FF movie, but I am glad they brought the original cast back for the second film. I like continuity.

Looking forward to all the superhero films this year. Ghost Rider, Spidey 3, FF 2. DC is lagging way behind. We need a Green Lantern movie. A Flash and Wonder Woman movie wouldn't be bad either.

I completely disagree about the Hulk - thought it was terrible and Ang Lee is a tool for ruining it, IMO. But I agree about The Punisher - great movie.

And Joss Whedon is working on Wonder Woman. No one has been cast yet.

RedsFan75
01-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Would love to see a Green Lantern movie!

Or really go nuts and have a Justice League movie!!!!!

TRF
01-22-2007, 11:20 AM
I get that a lot about the Hulk. I'm one of it's few defenders.

I didn't like how they turned his dad into a combination of Zaxx and the Absorbing man. But the murder of his mother, how the hulk is just the repressed rage of a child witnessing that brutal act are dead on.

Plus the Hulk kicking the crap out of a hulked up poodle is pretty cool. So was the scene where he hammer throws the tank.

TRF
01-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Raisor has mentioned he'd like to see a Captain America movie shot like Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers.

That'd be a pretty good movie.

Puffy
01-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Oh, and the Punisher 2 is being worked on. The villian will be Jigsaw.

Johnny Footstool
01-22-2007, 11:49 AM
I completely disagree about the Hulk - thought it was terrible and Ang Lee is a tool for ruining it, IMO. But I agree about The Punisher - great movie.

The Dolph Lundgren version, right?

http://www.universohq.com/cinema/images/punisher_cinema2.jpg

And Joss Whedon is working on Wonder Woman. No one has been cast yet.

Please, Joss, give your old pal Morena Baccarin a call.

http://www.celebopedia.com/baccarin/images/morena_baccarin.jpg

savafan
01-22-2007, 12:38 PM
I hear that there is a Hulk sequel in the works as well. Kinda surprised, but maybe they can redeem themselves.

RFS62
01-22-2007, 01:45 PM
I hear that there is a Hulk sequel in the works as well. Kinda surprised, but maybe they can redeem themselves.

That would take a lot of redeeming. The first one sucked with tremendous intensity.

Reed and Sue were pretty miscast in FF1, IMO. Johnny and Ben were perfect.

Puffy
01-22-2007, 01:50 PM

Abomination is the villian and its slated for June 2008. The guy who directed The Transporter, The Transporter 2 and Unleashed is the director. And the Hulk will be more like Davy Jones in Pirates 2 rather than like the CGI Hulk in the first one.

Puffy
01-22-2007, 01:54 PM
That would take a lot of redeeming. The first one sucked with tremendous intensity.

Reed and Sue were pretty miscast in FF1, IMO. Johnny and Ben were perfect.

Dude - you leave Jessica Alba alone! Typecast, scmpecast.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-10/1094821/jessica.jpg

RFS62
01-22-2007, 01:55 PM

Dude, I love me some Jessica Alba... especially dressed like your picture.

That don't make her Sue Storm.

RedsFan75
01-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Maybe not, but you had to love her 'undressing' scenes!

Johnny Footstool
01-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Abomination is the villian and its slated for June 2008. The guy who directed The Transporter, The Transporter 2 and Unleashed is the director. And the Hulk will be more like Davy Jones in Pirates 2 rather than like the CGI Hulk in the first one.

I like the idea for the director -- the Hulk should be an action flick, not an contemplative character profile.

Davey Jones, though? Lobster-clawed Davey Jones? Ugh.

Puffy
01-22-2007, 04:26 PM
I like the idea for the director -- the Hulk should be an action flick, not an contemplative character profile.

Davey Jones, though? Lobster-clawed Davey Jones? Ugh.

No - it just means that it will be more like Davy Jones, Golum or Abe Saben. A person with CGI added to it rather than complete CGI like the first Hulk

GAC
01-22-2007, 05:14 PM
I thought the CGI used in the Hulk was the only redeeming feature of the entire movie. The plot was downright terrible and Nick Nolte sucked. I thought Sam Eliot and Jennifer Connelly did a good job. I didn't really care much for the multiple personality disorder with serious mental problems, as well as a victim of child abuse, plotline. That wasn't how the Hulk was originally created/written; but I guess how writer Peter David, in the mid-late 80's began to re-characterize him. I was lonnng over comic books by then.

It was the same way with the X-Men movies also. I thought they were good movies - just not how I remembered them growing up in the 60's.

The FF movie was average at best. Ben and Johnny were good. But they made Reed out to be a real puss. Dr Doom a fellow astronaut? Ridiculous.

IMO the Spidey movies have been the best of the entire lot of superhero movies, with Batman Begins closely behind.

It seems that Hollywood has really gotten on the train with everyone's interest in comic book heroes.

I wasn't much of a fan for Superman Returns either.

RedsBaron
01-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Dude, I love me some Jessica Alba... especially dressed like your picture.

That don't make her Sue Storm.

Who cares?

RedsBaron
01-22-2007, 05:29 PM

Agreed.

GAC
01-22-2007, 09:39 PM
I can understand why any woman would be deeply interested in a man who can expand/contract bodily members like rubber, and on top of that being called "Mr Fantastic".

But then you got the Thing whose entire body is hard as a rock. :lol:

Sabo Fan
01-23-2007, 12:18 AM

A Flash movie has been in the works for some time I believe. I thought I had read where they had a script written but nothing since then. I'd be pretty pumped if they finally got that one going. It'd better be either Wally or Barry though, none of this Bart crap that the comics are trying to pass off.

Batman Begins is no doubt my favorite comic book adaptation, and it seems like Nolan has his stuff together so I'm optimistic about the second one. And I thought that while Superman Returns wasn't spectacular, it is very underrated.

X-Men 3 has to be the worst one I've seen though. Yeah, worse than Daredevil or the Hulk, simply because I expected those two to stink and they delivered, while X3 was built up to be this great ending to the trilogy. Instead it was a crapfest where action scenes were tossed in to cover up the terrible plot and total lack of character development. Great characters were tossed to the wayside to make more room for the most over-exposed character in the history of comics because a guy with claws sells more action figures. Mayb it would have been better to just wait on Singer to come back and direct, maybe it wouldn't, but at least they could have tried.

RedsFan75
01-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Anyone catch any of the Smallville episodes involving Aquaman, Green Arrow and yes the Bart version of Flash... Or Impulse...

Agreed on X3 very disappointed with it.

Dom Heffner
01-23-2007, 11:45 AM
I wasn't much of a fan for Superman Returns either.

I saw it at an iMax and labored thorugh it. Some wonderful moments, but I don't go to a theater to watch Superman struggle through most of the movie.

After what felt like 45 minutes of his being subdued by kryptonite, I was more worried about the guy who was sitting behind me and his smelly feet resting beside my head than I was about Superman.

Anyone catch any of the Smallville episodes involving Aquaman

That would have been cool to see, but what good would Aquaman be in an Iowa cornfield?

Is he going to summon some exotic fish from Jim's Fish Shop? A school of blue gil from the local pond? :)

Puffy
01-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Anyone catch any of the Smallville episodes involving Aquaman, Green Arrow and yes the Bart version of Flash... Or Impulse...

I saw in the paper where they hyped up a precursor to the Justice League so I tuned in to my first ever episode of Smallville last week. It was pretty cool.

FutureRedsGM
01-23-2007, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=RedsFan75;1230516]Anyone catch any of the Smallville episodes involving Aquaman, Green Arrow and yes the Bart version of Flash... Or Impulse...
QUOTE]

YES!!! Last weeks Smallville, with the "Justice League" ending was terrific. I just wish that Clark would embrace the Superman role a little more. You had all the other characters in uniform and Clark was in the middle in his same jeans and jacket.

GAC
01-24-2007, 09:10 AM

My daughter is a HUGE fan of Smallville. She has the first four seasons on DVD. I've watched a couple episodes and found them pretty good.

Which season did those heroes appear?

RedsFan75
01-24-2007, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=RedsFan75;1230516]Anyone catch any of the Smallville episodes involving Aquaman, Green Arrow and yes the Bart version of Flash... Or Impulse...
QUOTE]

YES!!! Last weeks Smallville, with the "Justice League" ending was terrific. I just wish that Clark would embrace the Superman role a little more. You had all the other characters in uniform and Clark was in the middle in his same jeans and jacket.

Agreed on Clark embracing Superman, it's like he's just muddling through life trying to ignore his abilities... The JLA walking off with the factory exploding behind was awesome, but at least the jeans and Jacket had a Red and blue motif going, blue t-shirt, blue jeans, Red jacket....

My daughter is a HUGE fan of Smallville. She has the first four seasons on DVD. I've watched a couple episodes and found them pretty good.

Which season did those heroes appear?

This season, last weeks show to be specific.. had Impulse/Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman, and Cyborg as well as Clark

Smallville's not bad, but it does take an alternate path than the traditional comic book history... almost like one of DC's alternate Earth type things, but close enough to allow you to follow it pretty well.

TRF
01-24-2007, 11:10 AM
I want another Smallville episode with the Martian Manhunter. The oreos were a nice touch.

Puffy
02-01-2007, 11:57 AM
More news - Katie Holmes is out of the next Batman film. Rachael McAdams is being discussed as either a replacement or as Selena Kyle.

timmario66
02-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Warner Bros. eyes Wonder Woman script

Warner Bros. Pictures and Silver Pictures are reportedly interested in buying a Wonder Woman spec script from newcomers Matthew Jennison and Brent Strickland. Warner and producer Joel Silver have been working on a Wonder Woman movie with Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon, and it's thought that they will buy the spec script to get it off the market and protect against similarities that could lead to future legal action. (Hollywood Reporter)

RedsBaron
02-01-2007, 01:17 PM
More news - Katie Holmes is out of the next Batman film. Rachael McAdams is being discussed as either a replacement or as Selena Kyle.

I expect that Katie Holmes's film career may never recover from her marriage.

gonelong
02-01-2007, 01:27 PM

I expect Tom and Katie will combine to make a box office flop sometime in the next few years.

GL

savafan
02-01-2007, 02:25 PM

Well, now that Tom owns United Artists, I don't think she'll have anything to worry about.

KronoRed
02-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Good, I didn't care much for her in 'Begins'

durl
02-01-2007, 06:18 PM
I never really got the Silver Surfer. A galactic surfboard was just a little too odd for me.

I could like a Submariner storyline, but Galactus might be interesting. They'll just have to up the writing/characters about 10X to pull it off. I thought FF1 was a little weak.

The Spiderman movies have been pretty good. I was a huge Spidey fan as a kid. I wish they'd take it easy on the "my life is so complicated" angle with Peter. That's fine in a comic where you can go with it month after month, but for the movies, I'd prefer to them to concentrate on the villian storyline. Just my opinion...

Puffy
02-01-2007, 06:32 PM
The Spiderman movies have been pretty good. I was a huge Spidey fan as a kid. I wish they'd take it easy on the "my life is so complicated" angle with Peter. That's fine in a comic where you can go with it month after month, but for the movies, I'd prefer to them to concentrate on the villian storyline. Just my opinion...

And thats going to be even harder to do with two villians like in Spidy 3. Its the reason I think all these movies should have one villian and one villian only. The exception being Daredevil, cause Kingpin hiring somebody like Bullseye is fine. But the Batman movies with Riddler and Two Face, Catwoman and Penguin, Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy all failed cause those guys didn't need to work together and to make them do so destroyed the point. Their egos should have been too big to team up like that.

Oh, and Batman Begins was OK with two villians too cause Ras is the type to hire somebody for his agenda.

Johnny Footstool
02-01-2007, 09:57 PM

You might not be too keen on Spidey 3, then. The black costume complicates things.

durl
02-02-2007, 03:33 PM
I stopped reading comics well before the black costume came along so I'm not sure how I'll react anyway. :)

As a kid, one of the things I liked so much about Spiderman was that he seemed more realistic since he had day-to-day problems. I'd just prefer to see it toned down in the movies. And like Puffy said, concentrate on a single villian and make the story more engaging between Spidey and one baddie.