PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Lidle thread not in this forum?

GriffeyFan
10-11-2006, 06:26 PM
It certainly doesn't seem to belong in the "miscellaneous, non-baseball chatter" forum.

As far as I know, Cory Lidle was a baseball player and even a Cincinnati Red.

Why did the thread get moved?

redsfan30
10-11-2006, 06:28 PM
The thread started over there before Lidle's name was even mentioned. I agree...maybe the thread should be opened back up over here.

pedro
10-11-2006, 06:29 PM
It started their originally before anyone knew it was Lidle. I beleive the mods just figured it was best to have one place where everyone could discuss it.

GriffeyFan
10-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Seems like the baseball forums would be the best place to discuss the death of a baseball player.

Highlifeman21
10-11-2006, 06:39 PM
So why is it so hard to go over to the other thread to discuss? Last time I checked it was 90 responses deep. Seems to be doing quite well in its current location.

Matt700wlw
10-11-2006, 06:39 PM
I started it when the news broke about the aircraft hitting a building. My first reaction was "oh no...not again."

Fortunately...it wasn't a terrorist attack, just an accident.

Unfortunately, there were deaths, and unfortunately, one was a known ballplayer, and former red at that...

remdog
10-11-2006, 06:49 PM
So why is it so hard to go over to the other thread to discuss? Last time I checked it was 90 responses deep. Seems to be doing quite well in its current location.

The story has taken a decidedly baseball twist since the original thread opened. I looked on both forums first before I looked on the non-baseball chatter site.

Now if it had been a golfer piloting the plane then I could see it being relagated to the hinterlands.

Rem

KronoRed
10-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Bettert to have 1 thread over there then 1 here and 1 in Reds Live.

remdog
10-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Bettert to have 1 thread over there then 1 here and 1 in Reds Live.

I respectfully disagree. Especially since the title of the thread makes no reference to Lidle.

Rem

KittyDuran
10-11-2006, 07:07 PM
I respectfully disagree. Especially since the title of the thread makes no reference to Lidle.

RemWell, it does now - plus it's stickied.

Chip R
10-11-2006, 07:09 PM

Indeed. I think most people on here are smart enough to know that a plane piloted by Corey Lidle crashed into a building today so they can put two and two together and realize that just perhaps the thread on non-baseball about the plane crashing might be about that very subject.