PDA

View Full Version : Trade idea: White Sox rotation

Redsnake
10-13-2006, 12:26 PM
It's no secret the Sox are trying to get bullpen help and are looking too trade SP. I've read and heard that Chicago is looking to unload Vazquez and Garcia. Now I read that Contreras and Buehrle could be available as well. Chicago will unload 1 pitchers and don't see them dealing any others. They want to move McCarthy into the rotation.

Anyone have any interesting trade proposals?

1) Dunn, Coffey and Cormier for Vazquez
2) Milton, Coffey, T.Wood and Cormier for Vazquez

SultanOfSwing
10-13-2006, 12:35 PM
IMO, you are paying way too much. I don't think it will take anywhere near that amount to get Vazquez. I had posted before, it might take as little as Ryan Freel to get Vazquez. The White Sox almost want to dump him or Garcia. They make $10m. The CHW need an OF and Freel (and Griffey) fits them.

oneupper
10-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Vazquez will make $12.5 mm in 2007, after which he is a FA.
He doesn't want to leave CHI (he has direct flights to Puerto Rico).

Don't see the money working in this one.

Krusty
10-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Griffey for Vazquez might work especially when you still have the kid Anderson to give Griffey regular days off.

dunner13
10-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Vasquez pitched horrible toward the end of the year. Many chicago fans wanted to put him in the bullpen but because he makes so much money the team couldnt. I dont want him, maybe garcia but his velocity dropped alot this year. If hes healthy he could be a good pickup but I wouldnt give up dunn for him.

vaticanplum
10-13-2006, 01:10 PM
2) Milton, Coffey, T.Wood and Cormier for Vazquez

Do it.

(He'll never do it.) Although I don't know how much say he has -- he requested a trade from Arizona, which means the Sox have him in their control through 2007.

He didn't have the best season, but I doubt Chicago's given up on him yet. Which is wise, because he's still going to blossom into a fine pitcher if there's any justice in the world.

I don't know what the White Sox will do in the offseason, actually. They seemed to get particularly poor seasons from many of their good players, especially the pitching staff -- Buehrle comes to mind -- but on paper that's still an excellent team. Yet they didn't make the playoffs. Should be interesting.

edit: I am being facetious here -- I would never give up that much for Vazquez. I just love him. But not irrationally.

SultanOfSwing
10-13-2006, 01:16 PM
edit: I am being facetious here -- I would never give up that much for Vazquez. I just love him. But not irrationally.

Thank you, I almost freaked. You seem to be pretty level-headed on this forum. I couldn't believe anyone would actually trade that much for a $12m #3-4 SP. 4.83 ERA 11-13, come on!

I do agree with Garcia. I would rather have him. He is a year older. But has been consistently better over his career, is LH, and was way better last year.

klw
10-13-2006, 01:36 PM
When I saw the thread title I thought this would propose that the Reds acquire the White Sox entire rotation for the Reds'.

vaticanplum
10-13-2006, 02:17 PM
When I saw the thread title I thought this would propose that the Reds acquire the White Sox entire rotation for the Reds.

I'd hit it.

reds44
10-13-2006, 05:26 PM

That'd be worse then the FeLo/AK trade.