PDA

View Full Version : NLCS game 5 thread

Reds Fanatic
10-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Game Thread for Game 5:

Weaver vs. Glavine tonight

Falls City Beer
10-17-2006, 09:26 PM
I think Beltran may possess my favorite swing in all of baseball.

OnBaseMachine
10-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Delgado and Wright helped Weaver out by swinging at bad pitches.

vaticanplum
10-17-2006, 09:32 PM
The way that the announcers refer to him as Bel-tron almost grates on me too much to listen. The studio announcers get it right; why is it so hard for Tim McCarver & co.?

Matt700wlw
10-17-2006, 09:42 PM
The way that the announcers refer to him as Bel-tron almost grates on me too much to listen. The studio announcers get it right; why is it so hard for Tim McCarver & co.?

Many things are difficult for Tim McCarver

Cyclone792
10-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Juan Encarnacion reminds me why I never liked the guy while he was with the Reds. You want to talk about an absolutely horrible to pitch to swing at, Encarnacion just showed you one. The guy just has very little sense in plate discipline and determining which pitches are balls and strikes.

MrCinatit
10-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Many things are difficult for Tim McCarver

He was going on and on about how Glavine was robbed a strike because of circomstances surrounding the stolen base by Eckstein.
The graph showed the pitch was inside by about a foot...but that did not stop McCarver from pursuing the point.

OnBaseMachine
10-17-2006, 10:24 PM
David Wright has been awful this series.

Valentin 2-run double! 2-0 Mets.

Reds Fanatic
10-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Pujols homers. 2-1 Mets.

OnBaseMachine
10-17-2006, 10:34 PM
HGH homers to cut the lead to 2-1. He obviously took his daily dose today.

Pujols should have been struckout on the pitch before that.

Reds Fanatic
10-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Belliard singles in a run to tie the game 2-2.

OnBaseMachine
10-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Nice chokejob by Glavine. Ron freakin' Belliard. Neither of these two teams deserve to reach the World Series.

This ump sucks, btw.

Reds Fanatic
10-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Cardinals now lead as Wilson doubles in a run.

Cedric
10-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Watching Albert Pujols makes me cringe a little. It's just the unknown that is always there in today's baseball.

I just don't believe someone like him, from his age to other factors.

Reds Fanatic
10-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Mets are in a lot of trouble. They have Maine pitching tomorrow night. They are not even sure who they would want to use in game 7 and they only got 4 innings out of Glavine tonight.

OnBaseMachine
10-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Mets would have swept this series with Pedro, and even without him should be up 3-1 in this series if not for Mota and their bullpen implosion. I hate to see such an undeserving team like the cardinals get a chance at a World Series title.

vaticanplum
10-17-2006, 11:09 PM
The pitching in this series has given me little hope that either of these teams can beat the Tigers. Especially now that the Tigers will be significantly better-rested.

Reds Fanatic
10-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Cardinals had the bases loaded with no outs and don't get another run out of it.

Reds Fanatic
10-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Mets get runners on 2nd and 3rd with only 1 out and can't score.

Cedric
10-18-2006, 12:27 AM
Two really average/bordeline above teams at this point. The Mets are depleted and the Cardinals are just barely above average.

This World Series might have the lowest tv ratings in recent memory.

kbrake
10-18-2006, 12:46 AM
God I hope the Tigers win it all.

Kc61
10-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Where did the Cards get all these relievers? Kinney comes from nowhere, guy has a nasty breaking pitch. Wainright, former Brave prospect, just nasty.

Very impressive by Cards management to get these guys to take over for Isringhausen, etc. Wish the Reds had guys like that.

OnBaseMachine
10-18-2006, 07:41 AM
Willie Randolph should probably lose his job over this series. His team was clearly the most talented team in the horrible National League, yet they are one game away from elimination. I wouldn't feel too safe if I were him.

GAC
10-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Randolph's job is safe. He got them into the post-season in his 2nd year as manager.

cumberlandreds
10-18-2006, 08:56 AM
It's hard to overcome losing two of your top three starters. Randolph won't lose his job. I think he's done well to win one series having to overcome that.

Roy Tucker
10-18-2006, 09:02 AM
I got jealous last night watching the end of the Cards-Mets game and seeing all the Cardinal fans joyously whooping and hollering and getting all cranked up. I want that.

Seeing your team win a taut game, knowing they are up 3-2 in the NLCS, knowing they are 1 win away from the World Series. I want that.

Seeing a sea of red in the stands, music blaring, your team just won a critical playoff game, towels getting waved, and the joint just rocking and rolling. I want that.

It has been too damn long since the Reds made the post-season. I want to go to post-season play. I want the Reds to be there. *I* want the be that fan in the stands jumping up and down acting like a giddy moron.

I'm tired of watching other teams' success. I want some of that.

GAC
10-18-2006, 09:05 AM
It's hard to overcome losing two of your top three starters. Randolph won't lose his job. I think he's done well to win one series having to overcome that.

Agree. Both the Mets and the Cards struggled with injuries throughout the year to their pitching staffs.

With me, it's not about who is the most deserving... if that is the case, then the WS should have two AL teams playing. :lol:

Its about who is able to raise the level of their game, put it together, and come out on top, even in the face of adverse situations.

GAC
10-18-2006, 09:09 AM
I got jealous last night watching the end of the Cards-Mets game and seeing all the Cardinal fans joyously whooping and hollering and getting all cranked up. I want that.

Seeing your team win a taut game, knowing they are up 3-2 in the NLCS, knowing they are 1 win away from the World Series. I want that.

Seeing a sea of red in the stands, music blaring, your team just won a critical playoff game, towels getting waved, and the joint just rocking and rolling. I want that.

It has been too damn long since the Reds made the post-season. I want to go to post-season play. I want the Reds to be there. *I* want the be that fan in the stands jumping up and down acting like a giddy moron.

I'm tired of watching other teams' success. I want some of that.

Me too Roy. And somehow sex just doesn't lessen that hurt. Unless, as George Constanza believes, the two can be combined somehow. :evil:

Matt700wlw
10-18-2006, 04:20 PM
God I hope the Tigers win it all.

They will