PDA

View Full Version : Chris Sabo endorses the Nutty Buddy

RBA
10-18-2006, 08:33 PM
See video at this link..
http://thenuttybuddy.com/

You'll cry, you'll laugh, you'll have a good time.

max venable
10-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Was it just me or did Sabo call 'em "testiclees" in that video?

KronoRed
10-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Hmm..no thank you

Johnny Footstool
10-19-2006, 12:41 AM

Yep, he did. The old Greek God of Fertility.

WVRedsFan
10-19-2006, 12:43 AM

Must be Greek for "balls?"

Chris can't say it, but you betcha he knows what they are.

savafan
10-19-2006, 05:01 AM
Sabes should be quite familiar with the Greek gods. After all, once at a game I attended with Ravenlord, the PA announcer announced him as "Zeus" Sabo. He hit a weak grounder up the middle to the pitcher and was then demoted back to Chris the next at bat however.

Ravenlord
10-19-2006, 05:07 AM
Sabes should be quite familiar with the Greek gods. After all, once at a game I attended with Ravenlord, the PA announcer announced him as "Zeus" Sabo. He hit a weak grounder up the middle to the pitcher and was then demoted back to Chris the next at bat however.

and of course, said weak grounder was him trying to pull a pitch on the outside corner.

StillFunkyB
10-19-2006, 08:48 AM
See video at this link..
http://thenuttybuddy.com/

You'll cry, you'll laugh, you'll have a good time.

Good stuff.

Nice names on the sizes....

Roy Tucker
10-19-2006, 08:58 AM
The video looked like something MythBusters would do...

El Jefe :pimp:

CTA513
10-19-2006, 01:29 PM
I wonder how many times they tested those cups before they came up with ones that actually protect you.

:devil:

max venable
10-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Other than catchers...did you guys wear cups? I was a catcher and, of course, wore one...but if I was playing any other position, I did not wear one. Too restrictive, I thought.

There were dudes on my HS football team that wore them always, but I never wore one on the football field for the same reason mentioned above. And it was never a problem. Maybe I was just lucky.

RANDY IN INDY
10-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Never, ever, wore a cup, and I realize now that I was really lucky.

My son, Matt, wears one every game. After he hit a line drive back to a pitcher that totally busted the kids' cup, I realized it was a pretty good idea that he keep wearing it.

paulrichjr
10-19-2006, 05:49 PM
I kept thinking ice cream when I saw this title... That was too funny.

vaticanplum
10-19-2006, 06:28 PM

Now that's hilarious.

TOBTTReds
10-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Other than catchers...did you guys wear cups? I was a catcher and, of course, wore one...but if I was playing any other position, I did not wear one. Too restrictive, I thought.

If you were an IF'er, you were LUCKY. At any level above HS, you need to wear one in the IF. It can turn ugly.

RANDY IN INDY
10-20-2006, 08:08 AM
I was an infielder, and I realize, now, how stupid that I was. Never wore one in football either, and I played quarterback and running back.

cincinnati chili
10-20-2006, 08:13 PM
I love Littel's enthusiasm. I also love the writeup in Deadspin: "Now that's a guy who wants to move product!"

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/whimsy/see-this-is-how-it-works-hugh-208470.php

Red Heeler
10-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Good stuff.

Nice names on the sizes....

There is no size "small." Why is that, do you suppose?

paintmered
10-22-2006, 05:38 PM
There is no size "small." Why is that, do you suppose?

Probably for the same reason there is no size "small" at Starbucks.

GAC
10-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Never, ever, wore a cup, and I realize now that I was really lucky.

Me neither. A SS. And I was lucky also due to the large target(s)! :evil:

RANDY IN INDY
10-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Makes me remember a story from high school. My senior year, we were getting our basketball uniforms. As a senior and co-captain, a friend and myself got to select our numbers first. Our coach, who was really "old school" gave us the home and road jerseys and then threw us home and road shorts. Well, at that time, it wasn't cool if your shorts were long and baggy. Both of us looked at the shorts and asked for a smaller size.

He looked at us both, shook his head, grinned at us and replied, "Yeah, and I guess you both want large jock straps."

Funny moment that I'll never forget.

Hap
10-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Was anyone else disturbed when Mark Littell appeared to almost flash the camera?