PDA

View Full Version : I helped set a new world record...the folks from Guinness were there to record it.

max venable
10-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Here's video documentation:

The world's largest pillow fight (http://youtube.com/watch?v=XhLwXAXGfdM)

Look for me...I'm one of the guys hitting people with a pillow. :D

Now this causes me to wonder...any other Redszoners been a part of any world records? :D

westofyou
10-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Here's video documentation:

The world's largest pillow fight (http://youtube.com/watch?v=XhLwXAXGfdM)

Look for me...I'm one of the guys hitting people with a pillow. :D

Now this causes me to wonder...any other Redszoners been a part of any world records? :D

When I lived in Mariemont these two guys (about 19) threw a frisbee for a couple of days, the news and the Guiness people came by and recorded it.

It was about as thrillling as a traffic jam.

registerthis
10-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Do they still have a record for brick-carrying? I always thought about trying to top that one.

RedFanAlways1966
10-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Why were ale-making people at the world record for the largest pillow fight?

:D

Donder
10-19-2006, 01:19 PM
When I was in college, some students decided to try to get enough people to break the largest leap-frog game record. The problem is they tried to do it on a Saturday morning, and of course 75% of college students sleep until lunch on Saturday. So they decided to reschedule it for 11:00 during a weekday. I, for the record, didn't participate because I would have been late to a class I couldn't afford to miss. Long story short, they had enough participants to break the record, but when they sent the required photos and videos to Guiness they found out they weren't properly "leap-frogging." I think they were illegally touching the ground with their hands, or some minor detail like that. ;)

Yachtzee
10-19-2006, 10:13 PM
When I was a kid, my sister and I tried to set the world record for riding a see-saw, but we fell asleep...oh wait, that was Bobby and Cindy. ;)

OldRightHander
10-19-2006, 10:40 PM
In 1981 I was at the National Boy Scout Jamboree in Virginia and one evening we had about 35000 scouts playing tunes in unison on harmonicas. We were told it was the world's largest harmonica band, but I just checked online and saw that the "certified" record is 1706 people. We got robbed, or some leader was negligent in notifying Guinness of the accomplishment.