PDA

View Full Version : Nearing nausea

Jr's Boy
10-20-2006, 03:12 AM
Beltran with the bases juiced,2 strikes,2 outs and stands there guessing for a called third strike.Plus espn is showing all the Cardinals highlights from the past.:explode:

redsfan4445
10-20-2006, 05:54 AM
Beltran with the bases juiced,2 strikes,2 outs and stands there guessing for a called third strike.Plus espn is showing all the Cardinals highlights from the past.:explode:

yea if that was Griffey doing that he would be the most hated player.. anyway when Beltran first stepped in the box i was thinking he would jump on the first pitch he saw that he could go deep and he took it!!!! that was the best hitable pitch he could have done damage with.. anyway im still shocked they won.... hope ikt hits the Reds players VERY hard knowing it coulkd have been the Reds in the World Series with better pitching and clutch hitting..uh humm DUNN!

Jpup
10-20-2006, 06:53 AM
yea if that was Griffey doing that he would be the most hated player.. anyway when Beltran first stepped in the box i was thinking he would jump on the first pitch he saw that he could go deep and he took it!!!! that was the best hitable pitch he could have done damage with.. anyway im still shocked they won.... hope ikt hits the Reds players VERY hard knowing it coulkd have been the Reds in the World Series with better pitching and clutch hitting..uh humm DUNN!

yes, it was clearly Adam Dunn's fault the Reds didn't make it to the World Series.

Highlifeman21
10-20-2006, 01:25 PM
yes, it was clearly Adam Dunn's fault the Reds didn't make it to the World Series.

He also singlehandedly kidnapped the Lindburgh baby, and shot JFK.

dougdirt
10-20-2006, 01:49 PM
He also singlehandedly kidnapped the Lindburgh baby, and shot JFK.

That so is not true. He had help with JFK.

Spring~Fields
10-20-2006, 01:52 PM
hope ikt hits the Reds players VERY hard knowing it coulkd have been the Reds in the World Series with better pitching and clutch hitting..uh humm DUNN!

Reds end up only 3.5 games out. Better pitching, better hitting might have made the difference, only if Narron would have played the right guys at the right time, pitchers and offense, only 4 times more than he did. I don't think Dunn or Griffey hurt the Reds chances, I think that Narrons decisions did "just one game" at a time.

Wheelhouse
10-20-2006, 05:13 PM

Note standard Dunn protection from criticism: twist the post into saying something extreme, something it isn't.

paulrichjr
10-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Reds end up only 3.5 games out. Better pitching, better hitting might have made the difference, only if Narron would have played the right guys at the right time, pitchers and offense, only 4 times more than he did. I don't think Dunn or Griffey hurt the Reds chances, I think that Narrons decisions did "just one game" at a time.

Narron made some bone headed moves that cost us games true. But WayneK made some even bigger moves that costs us games. Dunn choking at the end did not help but I personally feel that all of this can be pointed back to the deals that WayneK made. Stick with me here.... Without the big trade Dunn would have had some more protection batting behind him than he ended up having down the stretch. The offense was just plain bad at the end and losing Griffey sealed it. Without Griffey protecting Dunn then everything fell apart. If we had had depth in the offense it wouldn't have been as big a deal losing Grif. I completely blame WayneK even though I despise many moves Narron made. I believe WayneK deserves a full season to show what he can do but another one of his horrible moves like last season would seal his fate in my mind.

I cannot believe how close this team came to winning the division over the Cardinals and in my opinion the offense team that was put on the field before the All-Star break could have won it. (the later trades for middle relief were needed) It is disgusting...

TeamBoone
10-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Note standard Dunn protection from criticism: twist the post into saying something extreme, something it isn't.

The phrase would have applied to anyone on the team (or staff). Only reason it is applied to Dunn is because the original poster said "Dunn".

It was a team effort and the fault could clearly be applied to any given player for most any given loss... the manager too on a few occasions. Umps too.