PDA

View Full Version : Worst rated player in Madden 07 strikes back

savafan
10-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Can't post the letter here because this is a family site...but read it and try to retain your composure. :D

http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?StoryID=3159&SectionID=2&LayoutType=1

penantboundreds
10-20-2006, 02:15 PM
thats funny stuff

guttle11
10-20-2006, 04:19 PM
...I am, however, slightly better at manning up on a receiver than dropping into zone coverage.

The comment that came before that, and then this one literally brought me to tears.

dabvu2498
10-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Just what I needed on a Friday afternoon. That was awesome.

Red Leader
10-20-2006, 04:43 PM
That's one of the funniest things I've ever read in my life.

I'm still crying.

NJReds
10-20-2006, 05:00 PM
My agility rating on your game is 33. It makes it sound like I just topple over if I start walking too fast. Ted Washington is rated a 40 in agility. He is listed at 365 pounds. If Ted Washington tied a white lady up and made her wear a metal bikini, he’d look just like Jabba the Hut.

:laugh:

HumnHilghtFreel
10-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Nice to see we have some other TPP readers here, I used to be a regular commenter over there, lol.

And yeah, that article was GREAT

Highlifeman21
10-20-2006, 05:21 PM
All I gotta say is wow.

Great article for late in the day Friday afternoon!

Patrick Bateman
10-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I liked the lunchbox comment.

Caveat Emperor
10-20-2006, 06:43 PM
On a blog I used to write, I posted the following story back this past winter:

EA Sports Sued Over NCAA '06 Ratings
A mere day after a suit against Rockstar Games was filed over it’s racy Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (‘Grand Theft Auto’ slapped with lawsuit), gaming industry giant EA Sports found itself the victim of another game-related suit. The plaintiff, Joseph Hadnot, claims that EA Sports defamed him in their NCAA ‘06 title byNCAA 06 having him rated as the worst player in Division IA football. Players in the game are rated on their attributes in various categories such as speed and strength and an average of those numbers, with emphasis on position-specific skills, yields an overall rating from 1-99. Hadnot, a redshirt freshman from the University of Louisiana-Lafayette, was last in the nation with an overall ranking of 40. His lawyers claim that this ranking is inconsistent with his actual abilities and has subjected him to mental anguish in the form of relentless teasing by his teammates and opponents. His lawsuit prays for $10 million dollars in punitive damages and an additional $10 million in pain and suffering.

“We feel it is an outrage that Joesph was treated so poorly by EA Sports and the makers of NCAA ‘06,” his attorney Derek Rollins stated in a press conference earlier this afternoon. “Joesph worked hard all four years in his hometown of Stafford, Texas and was a standout football player. He earned a scholarship to a Division 1 college, yet he’s ranked below players from even the Ivy Leagues! Outrageous does not even begin to describe it.” Joseph Hadnot described the game’s impact on his life as “Terrible. I’d be in the weight room with my teammates and they’d say ‘What, Joe? You need a spot for that 40 pound curl? You might want to ease it down, I don’t know if you’re 56 strength-rating can handle that.’ In games it was even worse; when we played Texas in September, I remember Vince Young calling me out on the sidelines, saying ‘Where’s that Hadnot fool? Can he hear me, or is his 52 Awareness too low to pay attention when adults are talking?’ It was awful.”

EA Sports stated that it stands by it’s playerIn Game Shot ranking system. “We feel that our player rankings accurately depict the talent level of individual players. Although Mr. Hadnot may disagree, he does in fact suck as a college football player. We’re hopeful that he will use his time at Louisiana-Lafayette to pursue a degree that will allow him to have a future because the only way you will ever see Mr. Hadnot on Sundays is if you happen to go to the same church as him.” For the season, Joseph Hadnot saw action in 4 games, registering 1 solo tackle and 2 assists. EA Sports claims this as validation of their rankings, “He could’ve gone out and proved us wrong this season by putting up big numbers. Instead, he reinforced how badly he sucks, and now he’s looking at a mid-30s ranking next season.”

I actually had friends of Joseph Hadnot posting comments and telling me what a great player he was and how he would show everyone once he got healthy.

Team Clark
10-20-2006, 06:51 PM
I had to stop reading this article three time in order to catch my breath! I laughed so hard that I saw STARS!! I hope the people at EA really read that letter.

Razor Shines
10-20-2006, 11:43 PM
A session of tossing the pigskin usually consists of me missing my son by thirty yards in sporadic directions. I led him in front of a fire truck once...
That's one of the funniest things I've ever read.

captainmorgan07
10-20-2006, 11:43 PM
this is hillarious

lo ryder
10-21-2006, 11:04 PM
I have never laughed out loud at an internet post, until now. Even if its not legitmate, that is the funniest thing I have ever read in my life.

BoxingRed
10-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Man am I glad I'm not the only one with tears streaming down my face. My wife is about to call the assylum to come get me.
That is funny stuff.

reds1869
10-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Great stuff.

RedFanAlways1966
10-22-2006, 06:42 PM
LMAO... thanks for the link, sava!

Has that Redskins fan, Edskin, read this? I am sure he'd appreciate it. I sent the link to my Skins lovin' brother-in-law who has lived his whole life in the DC area.

TeamSelig
10-22-2006, 09:49 PM
WOW... funniest article i've read in a while

Edskin
06-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Has that Redskins fan, Edskin, read this?

Well, I read it a long time ago, but just now stumbled across this thread. Funny, but I started a similar Ethan Albright thread awhile back on the skins board.

Right after the season ended, players were going "live" on Sportstalk 980 in DC and airing a bunch of dirty laundry. The fans were up in arms and all hell seemed to be breaking loose. I posted this to lighten the mood...

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187102

Read response #16-- he still didn't get it.

TeamSelig
06-22-2007, 09:06 AM
I had forgot about this thread.

I read it again, still hilarious.

Razor Shines
06-22-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm so happy this got bumped.