PDA

View Full Version : Interesting "Dunn Trade" With Dodgers

RedLegSuperStar
10-20-2006, 08:21 PM
from MLBTradeRumors.com:

...For the starting rotation, we know that Colletti would like to bring Maddux back for a full season. Such a move would probably push Hendrickson to the pen. A related scenario: trade the frustrating Penny to fill a position, and then go after Jason Schmidt or Barry Zito. How about Penny to Houston for Morgan Ensberg? To the Rangers for Hank Blalock? To Cincy for Adam Dunn? Tell me your ideas in the comments....

Dunn For Penny? Would us as fans be ok with that?

Though it was just a idea by MLBTradeRumors.com it might be a decent trade for both parties. Depending on Penny's health of course because you know Dunn is going to give you 160 games a year. I'd maybe want a little more but a rotation of Harang, Arroyo, and Penny would be pretty tough. If Dunn has a good spring I think we could get LA to toss in a prospect.

cincyinco
10-20-2006, 08:45 PM
No way i'd go for Penny. I've always loved his talent, but he's also an injury away from DL time. I think he was shelved for most of the 2nd half this year? In any case, his numbers took a big dip.

Dodgers have a TON of young pitching.... I'd love to do a trade with them. Something along the lines of Broxton(turn him back into a starter.. he can do it..) - perhaps Scott Elbert... I want a young gun to pair with Homer. Elbert is right along the same timetable.

schroomytunes
10-20-2006, 10:07 PM
actually Dunn to the Dodgers makes alot of sense, The Dodgers are loaded with alot of young talent and with quality veterans. If I deal Dunn to the Dodgers than this is the deal that I would submit:

Reds trade: Adam Dunn and Matt Belisle

Dodgers trade: Jonathon Broxton(rp), Joel Guzman(SS/3b) and Jason Repko(of)

Broxton then becomes our closer, Repko takes over in left, and Guzman is on the bench

cincyinco
10-20-2006, 10:11 PM
actually Dunn to the Dodgers makes alot of sense, The Dodgers are loaded with alot of young talent and with quality veterans. If I deal Dunn to the Dodgers than this is the deal that I would submit:

Dodgers trade: Jonathon Broxton(rp), Joel Guzman(SS/3b) and Jason Repko(of)

Broxton then becomes our closer, Repko takes over in left, and Guzman is on the bench

Hey Schroomy.. Joel Guzman was traded to the Devil Rays as part of the Julio Lugo deal if I'm not mistaken... Broxton the Bull is a stud though... I would want one stud pitcher from them in any deal for Dunn.

corkedbat
10-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Dunn, Milton, Claussen (or Ramierez) and Majewski (we pay Milton's final year) for Billingsley, Broxton, Repko (or Loney), Antonio Perez and one other prospect (did the Dodgers deal Navarro?). The Dodgers won't do it, but I would. :D

[EDIT] Penny has talent, but he's been spotty and injury-prone. I know that the Dodgers aren't gonna part with Billingsley, but Billingsley AND Broxton is the kind of return I'm gonna demand to deal the Donk. It would have to knock my socks off. Penny doesn't do it.

RedLegSuperStar
10-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Dunn, Milton, Claussen (or Ramierez) and Majewski (we pay Milton's final year) for Billingsley, Broxton, Repko (or Loney), Antonio Perez and one other prospect (did the Dodgers deal Navarro?). The Dodgers won't do it, but I would. :D

Navarro is a Devil Ray

RedLegSuperStar
10-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Penny & Broxton for Dunn & Belisle

corkedbat
10-20-2006, 10:55 PM
I'd want a young bat too even if I had to ante more.

flyer85
10-20-2006, 11:48 PM

Dodgers trade: Jonathon Broxton(rp), Joel Guzman(SS/3b) and Jason Repko(of) Guzman is an OF playing with the Rays.

Krusty
10-21-2006, 03:16 AM
How about Dunn to the Dodgers for OF Andre Either and RHP John Broxton?

Cant Touch This
10-21-2006, 03:53 AM
I'd like to see the Dodgers include Matt Kemp in a deal for Dunn. He logged 154 ABs with L.A. this year and while his BB/K ratio wasn't impressive (9/53) it was his rookie year. According to Las Vegas 51s GM Don Logan, Kemp is the best he's seen come through the system. Of course, that could have been the Bud Light talking...

TheBigLebowski
10-21-2006, 05:49 PM
The Dodgers farm is LOADED. If they wanted to make a Dunn trade happen, they definitely could.

RBA
10-21-2006, 06:52 PM
When you look at a trade for a Dodger pitcher, you have to look at the pitcher's away stats. Dodger Stadium has always been a pither's park. Remember what happened to Jose Lima when he started pitching at Enron Field? Remember when Krivsky traded Kearns and Lopez for a couple of National's pitchers who stats were inflated by RFK stadium? That move cost the Reds the playoffs.

harangatang
10-23-2006, 02:14 AM
I would stay so far away from Dodgers pitching it isn't funny. Remember the Adam Dunn for Edwin Jackson deal that LA turned down? Edwin Jackson is absolutely terrible now. I think it would've been a worse deal than the Kearns/Lopez/Wagner deal for middle relievers.

RedLegSuperStar
10-23-2006, 08:01 AM
I would stay so far away from Dodgers pitching it isn't funny. Remember the Adam Dunn for Edwin Jackson deal that LA turned down? Edwin Jackson is absolutely terrible now. I think it would've been a worse deal than the Kearns/Lopez/Wagner deal for middle relievers.

This is true. Although I'd still take Edwin Jackson.

Send Tyler Pelland, Calvin Medlock, and Jason LaRue (w/ 2.6 Million) in exchange for Edwin Jackson and Elijah Dukes

...My guy would be Dukes. He has speed, range, and a great arm. He got on base over 40% of the time at Triple A this year. He showed 20 HR potential too. What's not to like?

Oh, yeah. Five suspensions this year alone and problems with half the team, coaching staff included. Clearly Dukes needs a fresh start, and he could be a steal if Fredi Gonzalez could calm him down...

from MLBTradeRumors.com

TeamSelig
10-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Ethier & Billingsley sounds fair

Red Leader
10-23-2006, 02:17 PM
If Dunn is traded to the Dodgers I want Scott Elbert and a major league arm, at least.

Broxton or Billingsley + Elbert would be fair for Dunn and Belisle, but would the Dodgers be willing to throw that much talent and take on Dunn's contract? Doubt it.

Penny + Elbert would be ok with me as well and that's more even financially.

I don't do Penny for Dunn straight up.

Bottom line, though, is that I want a stud pitcher to add to the rotation the same time Homer comes into his own.

registerthis
10-23-2006, 02:41 PM
When you look at a trade for a Dodger pitcher, you have to look at the pitcher's away stats. Dodger Stadium has always been a pither's park. Remember what happened to Jose Lima when he started pitching at Enron Field?

Jose also forgot how to strike a guy out. The K/9 and BB/9 differences between 98-99 and 00-01 tell his story.