PDA

View Full Version : Eric Davis at Florence Mall

vaticanplum
10-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Eric Davis will be at the Florence Mall from 1-3 pm this Saturday sigining autographs to benefit his foundation for colon cancer. You can get a baseball card, baseball, or "small flat item" signed for $20, or for $40 you can get... you know what, I'm just attaching the flyer.

www.hittingfromtheheart.com

(I can't possibly be the only one here with his website bookmarked, can I?)

Slyder
10-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Eric Davis will be at the Florence Mall from 1-3 pm this Saturday sigining autographs to benefit his foundation for colon cancer. You can get a baseball card, baseball, or "small flat item" signed for $20, or for $40 you can get... you know what, I'm just attaching the flyer.

(I can't possibly be the only one here with his website bookmarked, can I?)

I do now.

I wish I lived closer to cincinnati. Eric was my idol when I was growing up. I never did the number justice as a player but I just had to let everyone know who my idol was. I will never forget driving home from work and actually wishing Danny Graves would walk a batter so Eric (on his retirement tour with SF) would come up to bad and get the proper goodbye from the fans that he helped put back on the map in the late eighties and 1990s. I would gladly donate money to get a chance just to talk (even for a minute) with Davis.

2001MUgrad
10-26-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm with you Slyder.

I remember watching him play with the Cards when they came back to Cincy in Jr's first year here I beleive. Anyway. He came up to bat with the bases juiced and bashed a HR. I had to get up a cheer. I was a little surprised more people didn't applaud.

Johnny Footstool
10-27-2006, 12:38 PM
I wish I would have known about this earlier. I have a 1983 Wichita Aeros Eric Davis card I would LOVE to get signed.

bounty37h
10-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Johnny, the person who runs his charity seemed very nice in my dealings with them, and would likely work out something with you to get it signed for a donation, I would just ask!

Johnny Footstool
10-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Johnny, the person who runs his charity seemed very nice in my dealings with them, and would likely work out something with you to get it signed for a donation, I would just ask!

Thanks, bounty. I might do that.

vaticanplum
11-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Hey Johnny, it looks like they have a form on the website just for mail-ins such as yours. They have a "signing" date of October 10 on it, but I assume that it's a running thing and they'll have more.

(the mail-in signing link is on the right-hand side)

Johnny Footstool
11-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey Johnny, it looks like they have a form on the website just for mail-ins such as yours. They have a "signing" date of October 10 on it, but I assume that it's a running thing and they'll have more.

(the mail-in signing link is on the right-hand side)

Gracias!