PDA

View Full Version : Bad Crash

Raisor
10-27-2006, 07:39 PM
I've had a bad bad day.

On my way to work this morning, in the rain, a car rear ended me on the interstate. He took off so it's a hit and run.

My car was totaled (the trunk was in the back seat) ick.

I spent most of 8 hours in the ER (when in Atlanta, don't go to Grady if you can avoid it. I couldn't). Good news is that, somehow, nothing was broken. I feel like I went one on one with Tyson in his prime.

Only good news is I get to have a vicodin weekend.

cincinnati chili
10-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Glad to hear you're going to be okay. I assume you didn't get a license plate, etc?

Raisor
10-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Glad to hear you're going to be okay. I assume you didn't get a license plate, etc?

no, I'm not even sure what the make/model was. I THINK it was something like a light color land cruiser, but I dunno.

I'm glad I'm with a good insurance company.

KronoRed
10-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Glad you're ok Raisor..ouch :(

GAC
10-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Wow Phil. I'm glad you're OK. You're in my prayers. It's amazing a guy can rear end you, which totals your car, yet is able to drive away (escape).

Was he driving one of these?

http://www.magicsoil.com/MSREV2/BRINKS_INC_truck01.gif

Matt700wlw
10-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Glad you're ok...

wolfboy
10-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Good to hear you are okay Raisor. Take it easy this weekend. I hope they catch this :angry:

Reds4Life
10-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Any witnesses stop? Gotta believe someone else on the highway saw it happen and might have seen the car. Also, some sections of highway are video monitored for traffic reports.

Hopefully the police can get a lead on it. Glad you are ok.

RFS62
10-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Wow, Phil!!!

Glad you're OK.

Chip R
10-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Dang, Phil! Glad you made it out of that alive and in one piece. Make sure Amanda gives you some TLC this weekend.

Highlifeman21
10-27-2006, 10:47 PM
I've had a bad bad day.

On my way to work this morning, in the rain, a car rear ended me on the interstate. He took off so it's a hit and run.

My car was totaled (the trunk was in the back seat) ick.

I spent most of 8 hours in the ER (when in Atlanta, don't go to Grady if you can avoid it. I couldn't). Good news is that, somehow, nothing was broken. I feel like I went one on one with Tyson in his prime.

Only good news is I get to have a vicodin weekend.

Really glad to hear you're ok.

Having been in a bad car accident myself, I can relate and I feel your pain, literally and figuratively.

I'm amazed his car was driveable after totalling your ride.

Yachtzee
10-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Glad you're okay Raisor. Get plenty of rest and take it easy. Spend a quiet weekend at home, using your Sabremetric Jujitsu to educate your posse about the importance of SLG. and OBP.

Raisor
10-28-2006, 08:42 AM
Just got up.

Sweet sassy mollassy am I sore.

Feels like I was in a car accident or something.

RANDY IN INDY
10-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Phil, but glad you are allright. Feel like you just played in an NFL game?

Raisor
10-28-2006, 02:18 PM
gah!

Just did some figuring, and I'm going to be about a grand upside down on the car.

I hope they find punk ass that did this to me.

dman
10-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Raisor, first and foremost, glad to hear you're okay, probablu quite sore, but you're here to tell us about it, and that's always a good thing. If I remember right, Georgia doesn't have a law requiring vehicles to have a front license plate, so you probably don't have that to go on, and you were probably in too much pain and stunned by the event that you didn't get a description did you? That time of day, hopefully you have some witnesses to back your play don't you? Anywho, you concentrate on getting yourself well, and let the rest work itself out.

We can gripe a lot about about cell phone users, but in the cell phone age it has become easier to catch up with hit and run perpetrators as a result.

Raisor
10-28-2006, 02:38 PM
That time of day, hopefully you have some witnesses to back your play don't you?

Not a single person stopped to help.

I very well could have died, and not a single car stopped.

dman
10-28-2006, 02:42 PM

What an absolute shame. In some ways, I guess it doesn't surprise me. We live in such an "it doesn't involve me" society, that it makes me sick sometimes. Dude, I'm so sorry to hear that.

oneupper
10-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Get well soon, Raisor. :)

TeamCasey
10-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Ouch! Sorry to hear this Raisor!

:(

Screw the car. We're happy to have you in good shape.

pedro
10-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Glad to hear you're OK Raisor. Grady sucks.

OldRightHander
10-28-2006, 07:27 PM

No married ones either?

Ok, all kidding aside, that's pretty lame that nobody bothered to stop. I got hit by a drunk in '93 and someone stopped right away, bandaged up a cut on my hand, and stayed with me until the ambulance got there. I was quite grateful. I'm glad you weren't hurt worse though. Cars can be replaced easier than people can.

Spring~Fields
10-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Raisor,

Really sorry about the ill fortune, super glad that you are alive to tell us that you will be ok.

Redsfan08
10-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Glad to here your alright

Yachtzee
10-28-2006, 07:53 PM

I hope someone at least had the courtesy to call it in on their cell phone as they drove by. I once saw someone flip their BMW. A bunch of people stopped to help and I had a job were it was imperative that I get to work on time, so I didn't stop. Instead I immediately hit 911 on my phone to make sure the police and EMS were on their way. Part of me wishes I would have stopped, but at least I know that I did something to help them.

Raisor
10-28-2006, 08:06 PM
I hope someone at least had the courtesy to call it in on their cell phone as they drove by. .

I was able to call for help myself.

Weirdest thing was listening to the radio while waiting for the cops and EMTs to arrive. I heard "my" crash on a traffic update.

eek.

deltachi8
10-28-2006, 09:18 PM
glad your all right, all things considered.

get well soon

LoganBuck
10-29-2006, 03:55 PM
I feel your pain on the no witnesses thing. For those that know where the intersection of Lane Avenue and Fyffe Rd is at OSU near the Schottenstein Center, I was involved in a accident about 6 years ago at 9:30am when it is very busy. A lady ran a red light while I was making a left turn. I smacked her very hard she must have been speeding as well, because I couldn't have been over 10 mph. The intersection was blocked and I was the only person that got out to check the lady in the other car. A friend of mine happened to be looking out a window in a building nearby just after the accident and saw the aftermath and called 911. The police showed up and cleared the intersection and cited no one because she claimed the light was yellow, and no one stuck around to give an accident report. We were both insured by the company that has the naming rights to the arena downtown. They listed us both at fault because of the he said, she said situation. Both cars were totalled, and I got stuck with a accident with personal injury claim that made me a high risk driver. I still fume when I think about it. I was on a college budget at the time and had driven two miles from getting my brakes and new tires done. I lost all that money, plus I had to fight tooth and nail for the value of my car. They eventually conceded but I switched insurance companies afterward, and will never go back.

Raisor
11-11-2006, 05:36 PM
I just bought a new car, a 2007 Toyota Corrolla

I'm a badass now.

LoganBuck
11-11-2006, 10:48 PM
The Fast and the Furious, the Raisor's Edge