PDA

View Full Version : Bonds,Thomas,Garciaparra head towards free agency

Degenerate39
10-28-2006, 07:36 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- San Francisco's Barry Bonds, Oakland's Frank Thomas and the Los Angeles Dodgers' Nomar Garciaparra headed 59 players who filed for free agency Saturday on the first possible day.

Five players filed from the New York Mets: outfielders Cliff Floyd and Ricky Ledee, pitchers Orlando Hernandez and Steve Trachsel and shortstop Chris Woodward.

Five players also filed from Philadelphia -- catcher Mike Lieberthal and pitchers Arthur Rhodes, Rick White, Randy Wolf and Aaron Fultz -- along with five from San Diego.

Three players filed from the New York Yankees: infielder Miguel Cairo, reliever Octavio Dotel and outfielder Craig Wilson.

Approximately 200 players are eligible to file for free agency by the Nov. 11 deadline. Under new rules this offseason, free agents do not face any deadlines to re-sign with their former teams.

I would like to get Randy Wolf but without paying him too much.

redsfanmia
10-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Leiberthal would be a great signing, why have only 3 catchers when we could have 4?

Degenerate39
10-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Then everyone would be complaining about the 4-headed monster

Redsfan08
10-28-2006, 08:50 PM
I'd like to get Arthur rhodes

robmadden1
10-29-2006, 02:32 AM
Would you like to see the reds try and get bonds?

MrCinatit
10-29-2006, 02:41 AM

I would personally walk to Cincinnati and punch Wayne in the mouth, then set fire to his pets.

Slyder
10-29-2006, 02:42 AM

We already have 2 OFs who can barely play d already. An of of Bonds, Dunn, and Griffey couldnt cover a little league of. Bonds needs to go to an AL team so he can "legitimize" the record by being the prototypical DH.

redsfanfalcon
10-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Lieberthal would be bad, and Bonds can't field (and the possible scandal following him around wherever he goes). Rhodes and Wolfe maybe, but without paying too much.