PDA

View Full Version : New Name

Strikes Out Looking
10-31-2006, 08:54 AM
As my previous user name (CentralChamps05) proved to be way too optimistic, I thought long and hard about what I should call myself.

And then it came to me as a vision. Watching the Reds slog their way through the last half of the 2006 season, watching at home plate as rookie pitcher after rookie pitcher baffled them with 79 mph fastballs down the middle of the plate. Henceforth, I will be known as Strikes Out Looking. (Of course, if the opposing pitcher had walked the bases full, my new name doesn't work for the Reds, because they of course swung at the first pitch hitting into a 6-2-3 dp.)

Hopefully, my name change will show itself to be misguided and the 2007 version of the Reds will be charged with the spirit of Wee Willie Keeler and hit it where it ain't. Until then, it is up to them to prove me wrong.

RFS62
10-31-2006, 08:58 AM
Sounds like the same method used to name "Dances with wolves", and a couple of good joke variations on that theme.

traderumor
10-31-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm trying to figure out how that 6-1-3 double play worked. Did the pitcher cover home? :evil:

(Of course, if the opposing pitcher had walked the bases full, my new name doesn't work for the Reds, because they of course swung at the first pitch hitting into a 6-1-3 dp.)

Strikes Out Looking
10-31-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm trying to figure out how that 6-1-3 double play worked. Did the pitcher cover home? :evil:

I fixed it.

Heath
10-31-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm either not creative enough or just too darn lazy to figure out a "screen name"

BTW-there are two ORH's - that's too confusing.

Remember, accept no substitutions!

Redny
10-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Do you realize that when everyone abbreviates it you will be S.O.L.?

OldXOhio
10-31-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm either not creative enough or just too darn lazy to figure out a "screen name"

There's also a Puffy and PuffyPig, a few redsrules and a couple marty & joes.

And if SOL doesn't work, you might also try "Boots Ball Regularly" or "Softly Tosses Meat".

Strikes Out Looking
10-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Do you realize that when everyone abbreviates it you will be S.O.L.?

I figure its a bonus to the name!

Caveat Emperor
10-31-2006, 11:08 PM
And if SOL doesn't work, you might also try "Boots Ball Regularly" or "Softly Tosses Meat".

There could be a whole lineup of names made out of this team:

Ryan Freel - "Drives While Intoxicated"
Adam Dunn - "Hustles Occasionally"
Eric Milton - "Throws Hanging Curves"
David Ross - "Enjoys Career Year"

;)

Yachtzee
11-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Ryan Freel - "Drives While Intoxicated"

That wasn't him. It was Farney. ;)

OldRightHander
11-01-2006, 01:01 AM

That's right. There's only one original. You'll never confuse my posts with the other one.