PDA

View Full Version : Alan Embree, Moises Alou

redsupport
10-31-2006, 09:11 PM
Alan Embree and Moises Alou would be upgrades, if affordable

Highlifeman21
11-01-2006, 01:12 AM
Alou pees on his own hands.

Remind me to never shake hands with him.

M2
11-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Alou's probably going to help someone next year, but where would the Reds play him?

Given the current mix, Jr. has to switch to RF. If the team tried to play Dunn, Jr. and Alou across the OF it would be catastrophically bad defense. Perhaps if Jr. or Dunn get dealt, then I could see bringing in Alou to help the offense.

TeamSelig
11-01-2006, 03:08 PM
If Dunn is traded, I think Alou would be a good pickup for next year, then hopefully Bruce will be ready.

max venable
11-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Alou pees on his own hands.

Remind me to never shake hands with him.

It's better than peeing on somebody else's hands.

Spring~Fields
11-03-2006, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't mind a season or two of Alou at the right price, I was looking at him and it appears that he doesn't play a fulltime role anymore, or was that due to injury? He probably would be a good team addition but not necessarily as an everyday player.

Spitball
11-03-2006, 04:32 PM
If the Giants are looking to get younger, I'd rather the Reds look into acquiring Omar Vizquel. Then, I'd play him only five or six times a week to keep him from wearing down and losing any range.

Sea Ray
11-04-2006, 12:21 PM
I'd like to see the Reds take a chance on Eric Gagne. He might not get back to where he once was but he'd be a lot better than what we have here.

I rank our offseason needs in order as:

1) Bullpen
2) Offense (SS in particular)
3) Starting pitching

red-in-la
11-04-2006, 04:15 PM
I'd like to see the Reds take a chance on Eric Gagne. He might not get back to where he once was but he'd be a lot better than what we have here.

I rank our offseason needs in order as:

1) Bullpen
2) Offense (SS in particular)
3) Starting pitching

I watched the healthy Gagne a great deal....he is the second coming of Rob Dibble......withou that 99 mph heater, he is a batting practice pitcher. Gagne thrwoing 89 or even 91 mph means that fans who want a baseball should buy tickets in the bleachers.:eek:

RANDY IN INDY
11-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Agree, red.