PDA

View Full Version : The Price is Wrong - Bob Barker to retire

jmcclain19
11-01-2006, 04:26 PM
http://www.tv.com/story/6988.html

The time is right for The Price Is Right man to make his exit from TV.

The Price Is Right host Bob Barker will tell someone to "come on down" for the last time. Barker today announced he will retire from TV.

"I will be 83 years old on December 12, and I've decided to retire while I'm still young," he joked with the Associated Press

Barker has been host of The Price Is Right for 35 years and has been on TV for another 15 years on top of that. He says he has been thinking about retirement for many years, but he was having too much fun to stop.

"I've gone on and on and on to this ancient age because I've enjoyed it," he said. "I've thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm going to miss it."

When contestants from the audience are called to the stage to guess and possibly win random items such as cars and lawnmowers, Barker summons them with an excited, "[Contestant's name], come on down!"

Red Leader
11-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Don't forget to get your pets spayed or neutered...

Matt700wlw
11-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Who's kissed more women...

Richard Dawson or Bob Barker?

redsfan30
11-01-2006, 04:43 PM

Wilt Chaimberlin.

:evil:

HotCorner
11-01-2006, 04:47 PM
I saw this yesterday. I grew up with Bob. Through elementary, middle and high school and then onto college, Bob was always there for sick days or times when I had just the opportunity to watch. Thanks Bob! :thumbup:

KronoRed
11-01-2006, 04:49 PM

Has to be Dawson, watching some of his old shows on the gameshow network is something, WOW what a creepy dude.

Matt700wlw
11-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Has to be Dawson, watching some of his old shows on the gameshow network is something, WOW what a creepy dude.

I hear you...he'd kiss and then basically grope...

Couldn't do that these days...can't see a TV show being rated TV-MA :D

Redsland
11-01-2006, 05:19 PM
After he retires, he could organize games of The Price is Right at the old folks' home.

The only problem is that every game would get bogged down in discussions about how much things used to cost.

:)

Chip R
11-01-2006, 05:19 PM
After he retires, he could organize games of The Price is Right at the old folks' home.

The only problem is that every game would get bogged down in discussions about how much things used to cost.

:)

:laugh:

Unassisted
11-01-2006, 07:16 PM
If you want to take a trip TPIR memory lane, here's a link to a site that documents the history and rules of every pricing game that was ever played on the show.

http://gscentral.net/pricing1.htm

My favorite game was Cliff Hangers.

OldRightHander
11-01-2006, 07:18 PM

Steve Garvey?

MrCinatit
11-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Retiring at 83?
What a wuss :p:

RFS62
11-01-2006, 08:02 PM
His spot on Happy Gilmore was the highlight of his career.

OnBaseMachine
11-01-2006, 08:43 PM
His spot on Happy Gilmore was the highlight of his career.

"The price is wrong, ******!"

BoydsOfSummer
11-01-2006, 08:50 PM
I thought he was dead. :dunno:

bengalsown
11-01-2006, 09:00 PM
When contestants from the audience are called to the stage to guess and possibly win random items such as cars and lawnmowers, Barker summons them with an excited, "[Contestant's name], come on down!"

I thought that was Rod Roddy that did this part...

Falls City Beer
11-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Retiring at 83?
What a wuss :p:

The Price is Right IS retirement.

Caveat Emperor
11-01-2006, 10:15 PM
The Price is Right IS retirement.

Half the fun of watching The Price is Right is watching the ads that get played for products like metamucil, miracle ear, and life insurance and realizing that the target demo for the show is probably about Bob's age.

ghettochild
11-02-2006, 01:31 AM
wtf am i supposed to watch now when i skip work?

GAC
11-02-2006, 08:16 AM

Who wouldn't have wanted to have either of these men's jobs? ;)

Except for that time when that HUGE Somalian woman chased him around the stage. Eric Dickerson didn't have moves like Bob put on that woman!

I heard that Bob had Barker's Beauties spayed and neutered. Is that true?

I loved that show. I think watching, I won millions of dollars.

I figured it would be expensive to live in California just by watching the show and seeing the prices assigned to some of the products showcased. Only Californians would think the price of a can of Campbell's condensed tomato soup was $3. :lol: