PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State/Michigan game time

Danny Serafini
11-06-2006, 12:57 PM
I keep hearing rumors it may get moved from 3:30 to 8:00, anyone know if that's a real possibility?

Heath
11-06-2006, 01:06 PM
No freaking way.

Sorry, it was brought up on the OSU game two weeks ago, and ABC did ask. But, it's November, and 3:30 is late enough according to the OSU AD.

It should still be at NOON, IMO.

LoganBuck
11-06-2006, 01:20 PM
I am disappointed that the game is at 3:30, but there is no way with the problems around campus would they play a Michigan game that late. Public safety would be at severe risk.

Danny Serafini
11-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Can you point me to where the AD said that? I can't find it anywhere in here. Thanks

Red Leader
11-06-2006, 01:21 PM
The game starts at 3:30 and it was confirmed that it WOULD NOT be moved to prime time.

redsfan30
11-06-2006, 01:55 PM
The Big Ten put the squash on this rumor about a month ago.

There is absolutely ZERO chance of this happening.

Gametime is 3:30.

cincy09
11-06-2006, 04:06 PM
It will be at 3:30 but remember it will be dark when the game ends and that can't be good for some of those folks trying to get away from the celebrations.

IMHO this game should always be played at high noon

dieselman44
11-06-2006, 05:00 PM
I go to OSU and the reason it wasnt moved to 8 is because the school doesnt want to give people 5 more hours of drinking before the game.

cincy jacket
11-06-2006, 05:04 PM
I go to OSU and the reason it wasnt moved to 8 is because the school doesnt want to give people 5 more hours of drinking before the game.

Exactly right. As Colin Cowherd said, " OSU fans, now those guys are crazy. They burn stuff when they win." Win or lose I do not want to be there after if people have had 14 hours of drinking until the end of the game.

Heath
11-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Can you point me to where the AD said that? I can't find it anywhere in here. Thanks

I'm sorry - I was listening to the Half-Time show on the Ohio State Radio Network. Skip Mosic asked Gene Smith about the time of the game, and Gene said that under no circumstances would the game to be changed to accomodate ABC. In fact, Smith would have rather played the game at 12 or 1 to ease the pressure around campus while its still light, but ABC didn't slot a game at 1 this year.

There was even rumblings that this game could have been on ESPN for some stupid reason.

That is the nice thing about the SEC on CBS. ESPN/ABC jerk things around. CBS shows a game at 3:30 every Saturday, and two-to-three times a year they do an SEC doubleheader. You know the best SEC game will be on CBS.

I wish CBS would get back the Big Ten for that reason in football.