PDA

View Full Version : Bowden signs Michalak (and many others)

NJReds
11-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Our buddy in Washington offered minor league deals to Michalek and a host of others.

Edit: Including Josh Hall.

LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-transactions&prov=ap&type=lgns)

WASHINGTON NATIONALS-- Agreed to terms with INF Josh Wilson, OF Michael Restovich, RHP Tim Redding and RHP Joel Hanrahan on one-year contracts. Agreed to terms with RHP Jermaine Van Buren, RHP T.J. Nall, RHP Colby Lewis, RHP Felix Diaz, RHP Eduardo Valdez, RHP Josh Hall, RHP Winston Abreu, RHP Jim Magrane, LHP Mike Bacsik, RHP Billy White, RHP Chris Michalak, C Juan Brito, C Danny Ardoin, INF Joe Thurston, INF Alejandro Machado, OF Darnell McDonald and OF Wayne Lydon
on minor league contracts.

dougdirt
11-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Valdez was also a Red.

redsupport
11-07-2006, 04:56 PM
alejandro machadro can really play, Bowden just missed picking up Len Boehmer, Jay Ward and Craig Worthington.

Heath
11-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Maybe he was thinking of Anderson Machado instead of Alejandro Machado.

I know I would.

I feel terrible for the seamster or seamstress who has to put numbers and names on the back of the Nats' jerseys. It has to be at least a 60 hour work week.

redsupport
11-07-2006, 05:12 PM
how did the reds omit Van Buren. I love his arithmetic progression 13 IP's 14 Hits 15 walks.

dabvu2498
11-07-2006, 05:21 PM
how did the reds omit Van Buren. I love his arithmetic progression 13 IP's 14 Hits 15 walks.

Or Danny Ardoin and his palindrome lifetime batting average: 202

lollipopcurve
11-07-2006, 05:24 PM
how did the reds omit Van Buren

D.C. is the destination of destiny for VB

RedsManRick
11-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Wouldn't have minded getting Van Buren based on his minor league track record, though his control issues in the majors are certainly odd. Tim Redding also seemed to have decent 5th starter potential. Oh well.

toledodan
11-08-2006, 12:05 AM
don't forget josh hall was a red as well.

TRF
11-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Josh Hall was just starting to show that he is finally back to where he was before his injury. Could be a good pick by JimBo. That said, do all GM's have soft spots for guys they drafted?

CTA513
11-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Valdez was also a Red.

I was thinking Valdez was one of the guys that Ross was impressed with when he was rehabing. I searched the forums and found the post which had the news posted from Marcs blog:

SCOUTING REPORT - Class AA Chattanooga's pitching staff has been solid all season, and Ross was impressed with what he saw in his two rehab games with the Lookouts.

Ross caught right-handers Josh Hall and Eddy Valdez, with both turning in solid starts on his watch. Valdez in particular was impressive, allowing just three hits in a season-high 7 1/3 innings while walking two and striking out six.

"The guy (Tuesday) night threw really well - Valdez," said Ross. "He really impressed me. They've got a good team