PDA

View Full Version : Boston won't exercise Foulke option

CaiGuy
11-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=ApVdyjEgUpawI4rdXfewDXARvLYF?slug=ap-redsox-foulke&prov=ap&type=lgns)

What happened to Foulke? Went from good closer to injured reliever with 5+ ERA in one year.

I don't know anything about his health status or anything, but would he be a potential buy low risk for the bulpen? Would he be worth a shot if the Red's could get him for cheap? If he could regain what he used to be, he would be a decent closer.

Degenerate39
11-08-2006, 12:49 PM
I'd be interested in picking Foulke up if he's healthy

Redsnake
11-08-2006, 01:54 PM
I also heard that Foulke has a player option for $3+ million. If he knows what's best, he better take that deal. No one will pay him that much.

blumj
11-08-2006, 02:08 PM
It's for $3.75 million, he has until Friday to decide. I guess it's possible he turns it down because he wants out of Boston that badly, or he miscalculates the market for him, and winds up being available for less later on, but it doesn't seem likely.

Johnny Footstool
11-08-2006, 03:42 PM
With knee, back, and elbow problems, there is a lot to dislike about Foulke. I'd offer him Rheal Cormier money, nothing more.

Handofdeath
11-08-2006, 05:32 PM
With knee, back, and elbow problems, there is a lot to dislike about Foulke. I'd offer him Rheal Cormier money, nothing more.

As I've said before, all indications are a rampant case of anabolicitis. That's why I think the Reds ought to stay away from Marcus Giles.