PDA

View Full Version : Hot Stove League show report

Chip R
11-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Sorry, gang, due to technical difficulties there will be no Hot Stove League show report tonight. Seems my tape recorder ate my tape. I tried to splice it back together but no go. :( I'm sure the podcast will be up sooner or later.

Heath
11-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Well, thanks for the ol "RedZone" try - Chip.

I'm sure it was the best show of the year :p: :D ;)

gm
11-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Well, thanks for the ol "RedZone" try - Chip

Are you Sure Chip doesn't use Right Guard, Mr. Gillette?

(recorder ate my tape...geez...did the dog eat your homework, too?)

Heath
11-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Are you Sure Chip doesn't use Right Guard, Mr. Gillette?

Nope, Chip adhere's to Marty's tag line - He doesn't want to stink this summer.

:D

Redsland
11-09-2006, 09:37 AM
What is this "tape" you speak of, grampa?

:)

Chip R
11-09-2006, 09:46 AM

http://www.whatsoutnext.com/images/8track.jpg

Joseph
11-09-2006, 10:20 AM
http://www.reeltoreel.de/worldwide/Images/A700-04b.jpg

Spring~Fields
11-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Sorry, gang, due to technical difficulties there will be no Hot Stove League show report tonight. Seems my tape recorder ate my tape. I tried to splice it back together but no go. :( I'm sure the podcast will be up sooner or later.

:( I always look forward to your report.

For some reason I always intend to listen to the show and always forget about it on Weds., but we have always had your report that I look forward to. Your report is more clear, conscise and interesting than the whole radio program in IMO.

George Anderson
11-09-2006, 10:45 AM
I missed the show to. Any highlights of what was talked about or did Marty just take phone calls from the many intelllectuals who call in??:laugh:

goreds2
11-09-2006, 11:33 AM

I still record on cassettes and it works great for me. Below is the one I use. It can record at a slow speed which in turn will tape 240 minutes on a 120 minute cassette. The sound quality is still good for talk radio. I record podcasts of a radio talk show in California.

I know I could get a MP3 player but am more comfortable with this.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103370&cp=&origkw=recorder+cassette&kw=recorder+cassette&parentPage=search

LoganBuck
11-09-2006, 12:47 PM
I heard the show, and while I wasn't planning on giving a report, I will post what I heard.

Several callers talked about Adam Dunn, most wanting him traded, and one guy said because he has no trade value they should put him at first and bat him seventh. Marty thinks that the Reds should make him available, and then let other clubs come to them, and wait for a good offer.

Luis Gonzalez would be a tremendous veteran pickup, and that they should sign him and then decide what to do with the other outfielders. Not mentioning the fact that only Norris Hopper is less attractive than a forty year old Luis Gonzalez.

Steve Stewart is getting some serious looks with some other clubs.

Once again a caller or two asked about Sean Casey, the first mention this week was around 6:45pm. Marty said that they already have Hatteburg

Several people gave Marty congrats for working with Thom, and asked his opinion on Brantley once more. Brantley will be an asset and knows the game............., Marty said.

One caller said that the only way to get a good pitcher was a sign one because you can never trade for a good one. Marty downplayed the chances of signing a free agent and never corrected the oblivious fault in the callers logic.

Another caller asked if the A's would trade Huston Street to the Reds. Marty said that the As would never trade a closer because they are so hard to come by, and that once you have a good one you NEVER trade them. He obviously hasn't read Moneyball.

I will post more if I remember.

Willy
11-09-2006, 05:18 PM
There was some discussion about a trade that was in the works or rumored that had Dunn going to Houston, but Dunn's production in September has made Houston sour on him.

Something to that effect my phone rang and I was trying to listen to the show and my wife at the same time.

Matt700wlw
11-09-2006, 05:43 PM
http://www.reeltoreel.de/worldwide/Images/A700-04b.jpg

I miss those things...

Ok, maybe I don't...