PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Diamondbacks Unveil New Uniforms For 2007

macro
11-09-2006, 01:16 AM
Here they are. Do they remind you of some team in Texas?

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-3346962dt.jpg
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-3346969dt.jpg
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-3346976dt.jpg
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-3346984dt.jpg
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-3360903dt.jpg
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-3360917dt.jpg

BCubb2003
11-09-2006, 01:29 AM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/ap_photo/20061109/all/l2212660.jpg

RedLegSuperStar
11-09-2006, 06:34 AM
NICE! much much better then purple and teal/green

RANDY IN INDY
11-09-2006, 06:59 AM
Big improvement. I don't know about those shoes, though.

vaticanplum
11-09-2006, 07:32 AM
I think the shoes are the best part. I'm just not crazy about those colors or the lettering. But I suppose it is an improvement.

RANDY IN INDY
11-09-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm not crazy about the lettering, either, but the "A" in red, gold and black looks a lot better than the other color scheme, and the new red cap with the snake looks really good. They didn't have to do much to improve on what they wore previously.

Anxious to see the Reds.

Chip R
11-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Those just look like tennis shoes and he's wearing them on the runway. I'm guessing they will wear regular spikes with that uniform.

paintmered
11-09-2006, 07:47 AM
I can't say I hate them. I just don't like how it seems that pretty much every sports franchise, not just MLB is switching to this shade of red for their uniforms.

It's becoming this decade's teal.

RANDY IN INDY
11-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Chip,

My commment about the shoes was "tongue in cheek." Interesting "sneeks." Definitely set off that uniform.;)

remdog
11-09-2006, 08:00 AM
Ugh.

Rem

Cedric
11-09-2006, 08:07 AM
Those are pretty boring, IMO. The lettering is horrendous also.

pahster
11-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Boring. I suppose I'm probably the only one who liked their old uniforms.

Johnny Footstool
11-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Meh. Not much style in those new jerseys.

Danny Serafini
11-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Those things are just flat ugly.

Redsland
11-09-2006, 09:23 AM
I like the look, but wonder why the team's full name isn't represented on any version.

Always Red
11-09-2006, 09:33 AM
I like the look, but wonder why the team's full name isn't represented on any version.

I wonded the same. Well, if they have changed their team colors, I guess they can change the name as well. I know their nick has been the D-Backs, but that'd be like putting "Astronomicals" on Houston's uni.

I wonder if they need MLB approval to change team colors? I guess I'm a traditionalist. If it were up to me, the Pads would be stuck with mustard and brown forever (hey- they picked it out, not me!).

I like being able to look at a team and INSTANTLY know who it is, without having to read the uni and look again a few times to figure it out. But that's just me...

redsfan30
11-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Not great, but not horrendous either.

Unassisted
11-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Here we have yet another MLB team using red as a primary uniform color, but the team that is named for that color keeps emphasizing black or now, blue ahead of red in its uniforms. :rolleyes:

It's time for the Reds' Sunday home jerseys to become either the primary home or road jerseys.

westofyou
11-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Awesome Softball uniforms, when does the MLB team get new ones?

redsfan30
11-09-2006, 09:50 AM
They remind me more of the Nationals uniforms than anybody else's.

Unassisted
11-09-2006, 09:55 AM

Maybe the players complained about embroidery under the armpits? :eek:

Gotta be a marketing-driven decision, although I can't imagine that a nickname "DeeBacks" would have much appeal with focus groups.

Roy Tucker
11-09-2006, 10:00 AM
The red color seems more desert/heat-like. More than the previous purple and teal that is. And I like the snake-head logo.

But I agree with woy, reminds me of late-70's era Indians/Giants/Pirates softball look.

savafan
11-09-2006, 11:38 AM

That's what I thought as well. It will be confusing when those two teams play each other on television (if that ever gets broadcast).

FWIW, I didn't see this thread when I posted on Live!

Reds Nd2
11-09-2006, 11:48 AM
I like how the letters on the sleeve form a snakes head. The rest, not so much.

HotCorner
11-09-2006, 11:55 AM

I concur. Yet from a color standpoint they remind me of the Astros.

I do like the new look. It's a tribute the Native American culture/heritage of Arizona (font, color scheme, db logo to look like a snakehead).

Not sure why but I'm really digging this hat!

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-3360903dt.jpg

Reds Nd2
11-09-2006, 11:56 AM
The red color seems more desert/heat-like. More than the previous purple and teal that is. And I like the snake-head logo.

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061109&content_id=1737540&vkey=news_ari&fext=.jsp&c_id=ari

The deep red color was called Sedona in honor of the famous red rocks in the mountain town of the same name to the north. The beige color is referred to as Sonoran sand in deference to the Sonoran desert.

"We wanted to choose a color scheme that reflected the state of Arizona and the more we researched the subject, got the opinions of fans and others, we became convinced that a color scheme built around a red tone and some of the sun colors made more sense than the purple and teal over the long run," general partner Jeff Moorad said.

KronoRed
11-09-2006, 11:58 AM
I liked the purple, this looks like an astros clone.

Johnny Footstool
11-09-2006, 12:07 PM
http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061109&content_id=1737540&vkey=news_ari&fext=.jsp&c_id=ari

The deep red color was called Sedona in honor of the famous red rocks in the mountain town of the same name to the north. The beige color is referred to as Sonoran sand in deference to the Sonoran desert.

"We wanted to choose a color scheme that reflected the state of Arizona and the more we researched the subject, got the opinions of fans and others, we became convinced that a color scheme built around a red tone and some of the sun colors made more sense than the purple and teal over the long run," general partner Jeff Moorad said.

I love it when people come up with elaborate reasons for using the fancier-named, slightly more subtle versions of primary colors.

It's red and beige. Calling it "Sedona" or "Sonoran desert" is extremely pretentious, IMO.

remdog
11-09-2006, 12:10 PM
I love it when people come up with elaborate reasons for using the fancier-named, slightly more subtle versions of primary colors.

It's red and beige. Calling it "Sedona" or "Sonoran desert" is extremely pretentious, IMO.

Yeah, besides the former owners gave a similar statement when they came up with purple and teal! :laugh:

Rem

Joseph
11-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Put me in the camp of not liking the Snake 'D' hats. I think it looks too 'Disney'. Like it was made for a team that was going to be featured in the next Disney movie ala the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.

Reds Nd2
11-09-2006, 12:34 PM

Awww, come on. Where's your sense of fashion? :laugh:

Rojo
11-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Put me in the camp of not liking the Snake 'D' hats. I think it looks too 'Disney'. Like it was made for a team that was going to be featured in the next Disney movie ala the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.

The snake D is the only thing I like. It probably wouldn't be appropriate for Arizona, but I've long wondered why green is not used more? The A's seem to have it to themselves.

Chip R
11-09-2006, 01:36 PM

Coming to a theatre near you, the Arizona Mighty Snakes. ;)

Hoosier Red
11-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Coming to a theatre near you, the Arizona Mighty Snakes. ;)

Are they on a plane?

paintmered
11-09-2006, 01:53 PM
I do like the "db" logo they have in the shape of a snake's head. I'd like to see that incorporated on their hat moreso than the D-snake logo they have now.

Yachtzee
11-09-2006, 02:26 PM
<sarcasm>
I just love it when a team shortens it's compound name to the first letter of the first word followed by the second word. I'm just too lazy to say a name like "Diamondbacks," so I'm much happier that they are the D-backs. The more we "A-Rod" the English language, the better.

Personally, I think they should have gone with a name like the Phoenix Firebirds. Then we could call them the "F-birds."
</sarcasm>

Ravenlord
11-09-2006, 02:34 PM
the old colors were so much better....just like the Blue Jays in their hey day and the Brewers in the 80s had so much better unis.

Yachtzee
11-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Now that I look at the font a little more closely, it makes me think of those chain restaurants, like Outback or P.F. Chang's. "Welcome to D-backs Steakhouse. Would you like smoking or non-smoking?"

Chip R
11-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Are they on a plane?

When they take road trips they are. ;)

Matt700wlw
11-09-2006, 03:13 PM
How Astros like...

but not bad

Ltlabner
11-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Now that I look at the font a little more closely, it makes me think of those chain restaurants, like Outback or P.F. Chang's. "Welcome to D-backs Steakhouse. Would you like smoking or non-smoking?"

Just not in Ohio, if you please.....

Oppps...sorry...wrong forum.

I like those uni's better than the teal and purple deals but still they don't really stand out. Nice, a bit "old school" but with new "mod" feal. But overall seems like yet another variation on the color scheme dejour...Red. Or Burnt Red, Senorian Red, Senetor Red, Snake Red, Silly Red or Sky Blue Red......

butlerbulldogs
11-09-2006, 05:56 PM
looks kind of like ******s, i think they should have stuck w/ diamondbacks

WVRed
11-09-2006, 07:14 PM
I like the new look. Not so much the white and grey as much as the black and red. Overall, its better than the purple and teal.

I'd give it an A.

GriffeyFan
11-09-2006, 08:50 PM

That was my first thought when the original poster asked whose uniform they reminded him of.

Blimpie
11-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Boring. I suppose I'm probably the only one who liked their old uniforms.Actually, I kinda liked their old unis as well.

macro
11-09-2006, 10:20 PM
...but I've long wondered why green is not used more? The A's seem to have it to themselves.

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_2005_tampabay.gif

Don't forget about the Rays or DRays or Devil Rays or whatever they're called. They wear green, at least for now. There's supposedly a big makeover in the works, including possibly the team name.

smith288
11-09-2006, 11:08 PM
So why do we need to wait until Redsfest to see the unis? Does the Reds have that much trouble attracting people that they need to hold off on the uni design for then?

Topcat
11-10-2006, 12:05 AM

United sewing strike ;)

Ron Madden
11-10-2006, 05:08 AM

LOL, Do you remember the halo on the old California Angels batting helmets?

Roy Tucker
11-10-2006, 07:36 AM

Which brings me to a question I've always wondered about.

Why do they paint the button on the top of a batting helmet?

RANDY IN INDY
11-10-2006, 08:43 AM

Was on the caps as well.

macro
11-10-2006, 08:46 AM

Actually, it's just a sticker. I think it got started back in the days when helmets had no ear flaps and more-closely resembled the caps the players wore in the field. I'm guessing it was just an effort to make the helmet like the cap.

I think that every team's helmet "button" today is a white sticker with either an "L" or an "R" on hit, denoting the placement of the ear flap.

RANDY IN INDY
11-10-2006, 08:46 AM

Have no idea, other than to make it look like the cap, but it is a sticker that is made of the same material as the decal on the front of the helmet. Comes with all the helmet decal kits. My son gets a decal kit every spring for his helmet, as we use major league teams as our teams for little league, and the decal kit always has a "button."

RANDY IN INDY
11-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Beat me to it, buddy!:laugh:

Roy Tucker
11-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Actually, it's just a sticker. I think it got started back in the days when helmets had no ear flaps and more-closely resembled the caps the players wore in the field. I'm guessing it was just an effort to make the helmet like the cap.

I think that every team's helmet "button" today is a white sticker with either an "L" or an "R" on hit, denoting the placement of the ear flap.

Thanks macro (and Randy too). I learned something new today.

Now I have something else to say at the ballpark that begins with "did you know...". When I do that, my wife calls me Cliff Clavin.

Rojo
11-10-2006, 01:43 PM
http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/images/al_2005_tampabay.gif

Don't forget about the Rays or DRays or Devil Rays or whatever they're called. They wear green, at least for now. There's supposedly a big makeover in the works, including possibly the team name.

The D-Rays! How could I forget? But, still, way too many red unis and too few green.