PDA

View Full Version : OSU vs Michigan -Going All in on the River

LoganBuck
11-12-2006, 02:22 PM
All right six days lets hear your predictions and thoughts.

My prediction Ohio State by six. I have no idea on the final score, probably some sort 20-13 game. My thought is that OSU will need to pass to win, and that Michigan will need Manningham to step up if they are going to win in the 'shoe.

redsfanmia
11-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Michigan by 3.

Spring~Fields
11-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Under the circumstances I want to edit my original dribble posted regarding the Michigan vs. Ohio State game, it just isn't the same without BO.

It will be just fine with me if Michigan wins this one for Bo.

Caseyfan21
11-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Ohio State will win. I don't even know where to begin in terms of a score. I think both teams will come out with gameplans significantly different from what they have used the past few weeks.

That being said, whichever team loses the game has a 100% legitimate argument to still be in the National Championship. None of the other 1 loss teams has lost to an opponent as good as the winner of The Game. The other two undefeated's did not play schedules good enough to even be in the argument to make the National Championship.

MWM
11-12-2006, 04:56 PM
I think people are going to be surprised at how good Michigan's defense is and how much OSU will struggle to move the ball. If Troy Smith has a really good day, the Buckeyes SHOULD win.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to turnovers, IMO. Whoever turns the ball over will lose.

Mutaman
11-12-2006, 05:27 PM
I've never had anything good to say about OSU but as a Packer fan I do have to admit this guy AJ Hawk is not a bad ballplayer.

My prediction; OSU eeks out a win against Michigan and then, just when you guys are starting your celebration, they blow it in the BCS game agaist Florida or Usc or whoever.

max venable
11-12-2006, 06:23 PM
I agree that tsun's defense is WAY good. But so is OSU's. The key will be stopping tsun's pass rush...but the wildcard is Troy Smith's agility and ability to escape trouble. tsun hasn't seen anyone as good at Troy this year...nor have they seen an offense as good as OSU's. Granted, OSU hasn't faced a D as good as tsun's but I'm really not worried about this game. Mainly for these reasons:

OSU: too many weapons.
Troy: escapability
Home game for the Bucks
and finally: Tressel simply owns Lllloyd Carr.

Can't wait!

I'll give you my prediction after I've had more time to think about it. :thumbup:

Caseyfan21
11-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Not to say anything one way or the other, but in the history of the OSU/UM rivalry, no OSU quarterback has ever beaten Michigan 3 times as a starter.

Troy has won twice...

max venable
11-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Never has OSU played tsun when both were ranked #1 and #2. There's always a first time for everything.

GAC
11-12-2006, 09:49 PM
I think people are going to be surprised at how good Michigan's defense is and how much OSU will struggle to move the ball. If Troy Smith has a really good day, the Buckeyes SHOULD win.

My sentiments exactly.

Michigan is #1 overall in the Big 10 in defense, and #1 in rushing defense. OSU is #2 in rushing defense. Both are going to have a hard time establishing the run. It's going to come down to which QB has the best day, and why I give the edge to Smith because Michigan is #6 in Pass Defense and 9th in passing offense. They rely more on the run.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to turnovers, IMO. Whoever turns the ball over will lose.

OSU - #1 scoring defense
Michigan - #2 scoring defense

It should be one heck of a game.

What the heck! You know Tressel is gonna kick some FGs in this one! :lol:

23-17 OSU

Virginia Beach Reds
11-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Let me first say that I'm a huge Blue fan.

I see this one being a 10 point game with OSU taking it because...

OSU home game.
Troy Smith escability and overall athleticism.
Jim Tressel - seems to own Carr the last 5 years.

I see most of the other units pretty even.
QB - Adv Smith because of manueverability and ability to escape the rush.
OBackfield - Adv Wolverines but slight.
OLine - Even
DLine - Adv Wolverines but slight.
DBackfield - Even
Special Teams - Adv OSU
Coaching - Adv OSU
Intangibles - Adv OSU with being at home.

I will predict 23-13 OSU. Games that have this much hype RARELY are as good as predicted.

With all of that being said,

GO BLUE!

paintmered
11-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Let me first say that I'm a huge Blue fan.

I see this one being a 10 point game with OSU taking it because...

OSU home game.
Troy Smith escability and overall athleticism.
Jim Tressel - seems to own Carr the last 5 years.

I see most of the other units pretty even.
QB - Adv Smith because of manueverability and ability to escape the rush.
OBackfield - Adv Wolverines but slight.
OLine - Even
DLine - Adv Wolverines but slight.
DBackfield - Even
Special Teams - Adv OSU
Coaching - Adv OSU
Intangibles - Adv OSU with being at home.

I will predict 23-13 OSU. Games that have this much hype RARELY are as good as predicted.

With all of that being said,

GO BLUE!

I agree with this except for the part of it not living up to the hype. This game is always hyped and it rarely disappoints. I also foresee a little more offense by both teams than the general sentiment. I'm calling 31-23 Buckeyes.

BTW, UC is my team. I don't have a horse in this race other than the desire to see two great teams going at it with everything on the line.

Danny Serafini
11-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Ohio State 30
Michigan 10

It'll be a much tighter game than that score indicates. I see a Pittman TD in the last 5 minutes, with Henne throwing a panic interception that gets returned for a score as he tries to hurry Michigan back down the field.

westofyou
11-13-2006, 11:49 AM
10-10 tie UM wins in BCS rematch - My angst from 1973 might wane then.

Red Leader
11-13-2006, 11:51 AM
You know, it kills me to actually type this.

I think both teams are very evenly matched. I think a lot of OSU fans are going to be surprised by UM's defense, particulary the pressure they are going to be able to get on Smith, and their ability to completely shut down Wells and Pittman in the running game. They will make OSU one-dimensional in this game. On the other side, Michigan needs to run the ball to setup the pass. Without the run, they are done. Given OSU's speed, UM is going to have to win the battle in the trenches to establish a good running game. If they can make adjustments during the game, they could do that, but I have a hard time believing they'll be able to run like they want to. I think the difference in this game is Troy Smith. I hate the guy, but he has a knack for making the big plays in big games. He will escape the rush and get passes off that he shouldn't that'll go for big gains at crucial times. I don't think Henne can match that. He has gotten a lot better this year, but he's just not there yet. My prediction: Ohio State 24 Michigan 17.

Just to make myself feel better, I will say that Michigan will win the 2007 game by 10+ points. Henne, Hart, Manningham, Arrington, and Long return on offense. They'll be explosive next year.

Highlifeman21
11-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Michigan 21-17.

Hart runs for at least 125 yards.

Neither team does much passing, Michigan shuts down OSU's return game.

NJReds
11-13-2006, 12:28 PM
OSU wins, 44-24

Roy Tucker
11-13-2006, 12:30 PM
I'll take OSU over UM 28-17.

Like what RL said, I think Troy Smith will be the difference in this game. Coupling his elusiveness with the ability to throw pin-point passes on the run will make the difference.

Hart will gain some yards, Henne will have not a bad game, and UM's defense shouldn't catch any knowledgeable OSU fan by surprise. But I think Pittman will gain enough on the ground to keep the UM defense honest. And OSU will get one big play out of Ginn.

OSU's front 4 defense is excellent and deep, their linebacking is very good, and their DBs are merely OK. As long as the front 4 keeps the run manageable and puts pressure on Henne, OSU will be OK. OSU's DBs have gotten a lot of INTs off of front 4 pressure all year. If Henne gets some time and Hart runs well, it could spell trouble for the Buckeyes.

But I think ultimately the Henne-Smith matchup tilts the game in OSU's favor.

15fan
11-13-2006, 01:42 PM
My thought:

I loathe the University of Michigan.

My prediction:

Ohio State = Infinity

Michigan = Negative Infinity

;)

gonelong
11-13-2006, 01:47 PM
I think the Defenses will control the game. Yards out of the running backs are going to be difficult to obtain.

A turnover differential of +2 would easily seal the game for one side or another.

I think passing yards will be a bit easier to come by than running yards.

I think Mich D is a bit better than OSUs, but I think OSUs offense is better. OSU has more dimensions it can call on if needed.

Special teams will likely be a LARGE factor in deciding the game. Return Yards will play a big part in deciding who scores and who doesn't. I don't think you'll see many 12 play 80 yd drives.

At OSU, my pick is OSU, but not by more than one score. If it was at Mich, I think it would be entirely too close to even form an opinion.

I'll be stunned if either team can pull away from the other without the aid of turnovers.

GL

Red Leader
11-13-2006, 02:05 PM
At OSU, my pick is OSU, but not by more than one score. If it was at Mich, I think it would be entirely too close to even form an opinion.

It's funny you say that. I was thinking about this the other day, and truth be told, if this game was at the Big House, I think it would be a bigger advantage for OSU. The field conditions at the Big House are excellent. Perfect for a really fast team like OSU. The sloppy field at the Shoe might slow OSU down a little, that helps UM, IMO. Obviously, playing in front of your home fans helps, but as far as field conditions, I think playing on OSU's sloppy field helps UM.

Puffy
11-13-2006, 02:11 PM
I don't know who is going to win so i won't give a prediction - but I will say if Michigan wins I will be so freakin happy I will head out to the nudie bar and drop some serious coin on some lucky ladies.

And I'm not even a Michigan fan.

RFS62
11-13-2006, 02:18 PM
I don't know who is going to win so i won't give a prediction - but I will say if Michigan wins I will be so freakin happy I will head out to the nudie bar and drop some serious coin on some lucky ladies.

And that's different, how?

:pimp:

Puffy
11-13-2006, 03:28 PM
And that's different, how?

:pimp:

Well, I'm not going to the bar your mother works at this time - so thats different.

:mooner:

RFS62
11-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Well, I'm not going to the bar your mother works at this time - so thats different.

:mooner:

Hey!!!

Dorothy Mantooth is a SAINT!!!!

Heath
11-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Early weather forecasts predict Sunny and 47 in Columbus. I also can't believe that the loser of the game will be disappointed in the Rose Bowl.

I could see Michigan taking the first 3 quarters - but the score being even. Ohio State pulls away enough to win. Then, bring on Rutgers!

registerthis
11-13-2006, 05:47 PM
My thought:

My prediction:

Ohio State = Infinity

;)

I wonder if a game that resulted in two undefineable numbers would crash the BCS computer programs?

Roy Tucker
11-13-2006, 06:39 PM
I wonder if a game that resulted in two undefineable numbers would crash the BCS computer programs?

IIRC, IEEE floating point format can represent both positive and negative infinity values.

01111111100000000000000000000000 represents "positive infinity'', a pseudo-number that indicates that some unrepresentably large quantity was generated by an arithmetic operation.

Changing the sign bit to 1 yields a representation of negative infinity, an indication of a similar problem at the other end of the range.

RFS62
11-13-2006, 06:41 PM
IIRC, IEEE floating point format can represent both positive and negative infinity values.

01111111100000000000000000000000 represents "positive infinity'', a pseudo-number that indicates that some unrepresentably large quantity was generated by an arithmetic operation.

Changing the sign bit to 1 yields a representation of negative infinity, an indication of a similar problem at the other end of the range.

Ya know, I almost said that.

:p:

Caseyfan21
11-13-2006, 06:46 PM
The sloppy field at the Shoe might slow OSU down a little, that helps UM, IMO.

OSU put in another brand new field after the last home game and I have heard from people that have been in the Shoe in the past week that it's looking very good. This field actually had about 2.5 weeks to root without constant rain and frost like the previous field they put in earlier this year. I think the warm weather last week really helped out. That being said, if it rains a lot this week, it could still be sloppy because it is still only natural grass. They do have tarps they put over the field so hopefully they can keep it dry.

Barring a really rainy week (which is forcasted later in the week) the field should hopefully be great.

GAC
11-13-2006, 09:36 PM

And I'm not even a Michigan fan.

So... you're saying you don't like OSU? That's cool.

So don't get so emotional when others (like myself) say we don't like ND? :mooner:

pedro
11-13-2006, 10:40 PM
OSU is 6.5 point favorites and the Over Under is 41.

I don't know who'll win bet I think Michigan will cover and I'd take the "under"

It's going to be a damn close game.

registerthis
11-14-2006, 01:03 PM
So... you're saying you don't like OSU? That's cool.

So don't get so emotional when others (like myself) say we don't like ND? :mooner:

When Michigan and Notre Dame play each other, I hope for a scoreless tie where neither team gains any yards and no tackles are recorded. In other words, the teams spend the entire game trading missed field goals from midfield.

Cedric
11-14-2006, 01:33 PM
When Michigan and Notre Dame play each other, I hope for a scoreless tie where neither team gains any yards and no tackles are recorded. In other words, the teams spend the entire game trading missed field goals from midfield.

I want Michigan to win that game usually. I want it to be ugly and crappy though.

I much prefer a strong Michigan team over a weak Michigan team. Makes weeks like this the best.

Chip R
11-14-2006, 01:36 PM
My thought:

My prediction:

Ohio State = Infinity

;)

Is that with regular-sized Ditka or mini-Ditka? ;)

registerthis
11-14-2006, 01:47 PM
I want Michigan to win that game usually. I want it to be ugly and crappy though.

I much prefer a strong Michigan team over a weak Michigan team. Makes weeks like this the best.

I do love the fact that it's #1 v. #2. I thought 2002 was the pinnacle of Michigan games, but I think this tops that.

max venable
11-14-2006, 03:59 PM
I do love the fact that it's #1 v. #2. I thought 2002 was the pinnacle of Michigan games, but I think this tops that.

The "experts" are saying that this game is the biggest, most important regular season game in the history of college football. When you step back and analyze it, really, how can you argue that it isn't?

max venable
11-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Indiana receiver James Hardy, asked to pick a winner: "Ohio State. They're stronger and they're faster. When they hit you, they try to hurt you."

I like.

Red Leader
11-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Indiana receiver James Hardy, asked to pick a winner: "Ohio State. They're stronger and they're faster. When they hit you, they try to hurt you."

I like.

Well, he should know. He caught more balls against Ohio St than Michigan...

:p: :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RFS62
11-14-2006, 05:17 PM
The "experts" are saying that this game is the biggest, most important regular season game in the history of college football. When you step back and analyze it, really, how can you argue that it isn't?

Ara Parseghian says hi.

http://www.cqql.net/msu-1966.htm

Roy Tucker
11-14-2006, 05:46 PM
What worries me about Michigan is their defense.

Against the run, they have stone-walled everyone this year. I think only one team has rushed for more than 60 yards against them all year. The Buckeyes will need to gain at least enough yards on the ground the keep the Wolverines pass rush honest. If they gain in the range of 75-125 yards, that should be enough. But that will be a tough thing to do.

And their pass rush worries me too. Their new defensive coordinator isn't like UM's coordinators of old. He'll blitz, blitz early, and blitz often. And he'll blitz with anyone. LaMarr Woodley is one of the best d-lineman in the country and OSU's offensive line showed some cracks against Illinois. Troy Smith is human. If he gets blind-sided, he could cough up the ball. OSU's pass blocking will have to at least slow down the UM rush, get a body on every rusher, and give Smith time to move around the pocket and create some plays.

And I'm worried about Mike Hart going all Tim Biakabatuka on the Buckeyes. OSU's defense has throttled him in the past, but I think he played hurt last year. Good backs have shown they can gain yardage on OSU.

If UM gets an early lead, Henne could spend all day handing off to Hart. Michigan's D will attack and pressure the OSU passing offense. And OSU's defense won't be able to gamble and create turnovers like they have all year.

This is what I worry about.

Red Leader
11-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Roy, Roy, Roy....don't worry your self. OSU simply has "too many weapons."

Latest weather report has a few afternoon showers, high of 48 in colUMbus.

Chip R
11-14-2006, 06:47 PM

Is Edskin one of those "experts"? ;)

max venable
11-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Ara Parseghian says hi.

http://www.cqql.net/msu-1966.htm

That one was big, no doubt. But here's what sets this year's OSU/UofM game apart from that one:

1. the Rivalry itself. It's the greatest rivalry in college football (maybe in all of sports)...and after all the beating up on each other, and hatred for one another, this year, for the first time, they are both undefeated and ranked 1 and 2. It's never happened before (two teams from the same conference). It would be a huge game if it were any two schools at all 1 vs. 2 to end the season with the winner going on the the BCS title game. But throw in all the history and tradition and the most intense rivalry in sports, and you have a very unique situation.

2. The media factor. The hype brought on by the media just didn't exist in 1966 like it does now. There's just so much more awareness and just, well hype surrounding this game. I don't recall any other game in college football ever having been so widely anticipated.

So, with all due respect to Ara Parseghian...I'll pick this game as the "game of the century (pre-game at least...who knows it may end up being a dud when it's all said and done).

LoganBuck
11-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Roy, remember Alex Boone is back this week. I heard John Cooper on today with Colin Cowherd and he insinuated that Tressel kept him out when he could have played to ensure he is full strength this week. Cooper said he is fine. Alex Boone is on my short list of players for Ohio State who will be difference makers. The rest are Curtis Terry, Stan White, Jake Ballard, and the backup recievers. Also watch out for Jamario Oneal, that kid is a stud waiting to break out, he hasn't yet but this is the kind of stage players step to the front on.

My sister's boyfriend's brother is a turfgrass management major at OSU and has been working on the field this last month. He claims it looks really good, they are hoping that they don't get too much rain over the next few days. Rumors persist that they will put in the same kind of artificial turf that they have at Paul Brown Stadium next season.

jmcclain19
11-15-2006, 12:48 AM
Finally - a website that encapsulates what I feel about this rivalry

http://www.yourschoolsux.com/

Chip R
11-15-2006, 02:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2661319

Oh, and Tara Reid may be in town as well, according to the article. Gee, I wonder if she may end up at a bar?

Spring~Fields
11-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Hoping that both show on Saturday the integrity and character that Bo always did.

Red Leader
11-15-2006, 04:43 PM
The Buckeyes defense is good, no doubt. I don't think anybody can question that. I mean, they do lead the nation in scoring defense. You couple that with an offense that can seeminly put points on the board at will and you've got a team that should have been #1 all season. Michigan clearly hasn't put up statistics like Ohio State has this year. Make no mistake about it, Ohio State is the better team.

Spring~Fields
11-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Changed my mind

Johnny Footstool
11-15-2006, 04:57 PM
So, with all due respect to Ara Parseghian...I'll pick this game as the "game of the century (pre-game at least...who knows it may end up being a dud when it's all said and done).

The Ara Parseghian ND/Michigan State game occurred last century.

This is THE game of the 21st century.

max venable
11-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Max come on, :all_cohol
I have been holding my breath for days now. Is Ohio State or Michigan going to win this game?

Okay...since you asked....

Ohio State 27
Michigan 17

Close for three quarters then the Bucks will pull away in the 4th.

The difference will be a couple of big plays by Troy and/or Teddy.

Spring~Fields
11-15-2006, 05:23 PM
I don't feel comfortable posting in light of Bo's passing

Puffy
11-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Ummmmm, how quickly we forget - Texas v. USC was and is the game of the century. Two undefeateds w/ the top two Heisman candidates playing each other for the national championship. And it lived up to the hype.

If this game is well played and comes down to the last minute then you can discuss which was the game of the century, but before that, nope - Texas and USC was the game of the century.

max venable
11-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Ummmmm, how quickly we forget - Texas v. USC was and is the game of the century. Two undefeateds w/ the top two Heisman candidates playing each other for the national championship. And it lived up to the hype.

If this game is well played and comes down to the last minute then you can discuss which was the game of the century, but before that, nope - Texas and USC was the game of the century.

Dude, we're talking REGULAR SEASON matchup...prior to. The point is, there's never been one that compare to this one.

Red Leader
11-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Dude, we're talking REGULAR SEASON matchup...prior to. The point is, there's never been one that compare to this one.

You could compare it to 1997 when Oklahoma played Nebraska. They were both undeated (I believe), ranked #1 and #2, and in the same conference.

Puffy
11-15-2006, 06:05 PM
You could compare it to 1997 when Oklahoma played Nebraska. They were both undeated (I believe), ranked #1 and #2, and in the same conference.

Or Notre Dame-Florida State in 1993. Both undefeated, 1 and 2 for the entire year up to that point (8th game of the season), with two legendary coaches on either side.

max venable
11-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Those are both great suggestions...but again, the difference with this year's OSU/U of M game is the intense rivalry coupled with the fact that it's the last game of the year AND the winner will definately go on to play for the NC.

traderumor
11-15-2006, 08:55 PM

If this game is well played and comes down to the last minute then you can discuss which was the game of the century, but before that, nope - Texas and USC was the game of the century.If we're going to play that game, then the 2002 OSU vs. Miami NC game is at least on a par with last year's NC game. However, a major difference here with either of those is that these are two teams that already lay claim to the most well known, longstanding, and heated rivalries in college football and are now meeting with literally all the marbles on the line. Neither of the others could make that claim. I would say the closest modern day equivalent is FSU vs. Miami in those two programs heydays, but then they are johnny-come-latelys whose day in the sun may have already passed.

Puffy
11-15-2006, 08:57 PM
If we're going to play that game, then the 2002 OSU vs. Miami NC game is at least on a par with last year's NC game. However, a major difference here with either of those is that these are two teams that already lay claim to the most well known, longstanding, and heated rivalries in college football and are now meeting with literally all the marbles on the line. Neither of the others could make that claim. I would say the closest modern day equivalent is FSU vs. Miami in those two programs heydays, but then they are johnny-come-latelys whose day in the sun may have already passed.

What a shock - you quote me to disagree with me. Shocking.

GAC
11-15-2006, 09:34 PM
I never place bets on this game because I never know how it is gonna turn out.

I'm really kind of glad that Michigan is also undefeated. If they were coming in with 2 or more losses then I think they'd be even more dangerous because more of the pressure would be on OSU.

It's gonna be one heck of a game. But make a prediction? Not me! ;)

traderumor
11-16-2006, 12:24 AM
What a shock - you quote me to disagree with me. Shocking.What am I missing here? Is there a new rule that you must agree with Puffy to quote him? Nope, looked at the bottom of the page, no such rule. Search me.

KronoRed
11-16-2006, 01:01 AM
Those are both great suggestions...but again, the difference with this year's OSU/U of M game is the intense rivalry coupled with the fact that it's the last game of the year AND the winner will definately go on to play for the NC.

Florida/Florida st in 96 then.

max venable
11-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Florida/Florida st in 96 then.

Good nomination...but their matchup was earlier in the season. And though they have a nice little rivalry...it's not on par with the OSU/Michigan one. Good try though.

KronoRed
11-16-2006, 11:09 AM
In your opinion it's not ;)

Also, their matchup was the last week of the season.

max venable
11-16-2006, 12:33 PM
In your opinion it's not ;)

Also, their matchup was the last week of the season.

Okay...you're right about the game being the last of the season...great nomination. But I'm not willing to concede that the FSU/Florida rivalry is bigger than the OSU/Michigan rivalry. FSU and Florida are not even in the same conference. Neither team has the history and tradition of OSU and Mich. I'm not saying that this weekend's game is, indeed, the biggest, most important regular season game in college football history...but I do think a strong case can be made for it.

guttle11
11-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Okay...you're right about the game being the last of the season...great nomination. But I'm not willing to concede that the FSU/Florida rivalry is bigger than the OSU/Michigan rivalry. FSU and Florida are not even in the same conference. Neither team has the history and tradition of OSU and Mich. I'm not saying that this weekend's game is, indeed, the biggest, most important regular season game in college football history...but I do think a strong case can be made for it.

It may seem like the biggest due to the amount of media covering it, but I don't think it is. I don't even think it's the biggest OSU/Michigan game ever. The winner goes to the NC game, but the loser still goes to the Rose Bowl. In the days of Woody vs B*, the winner went to the Rose Bowl, and the loser went home. Tough to beat that.

GAC
11-16-2006, 04:29 PM
This is the first time in 103 meetings between these two teams, which is the biggest and greatest rivalry in college sports history, where they were ranked #1 and #2 respectively with not only the Big 10 title on the line but also national title implications.

Yeah, there's no pressure on either of these coaches. ;)

TeamCasey
11-18-2006, 11:15 AM
What time is this big shindig today?

BuckWoody
11-18-2006, 11:21 AM
What time is this big shindig today?

Coach Tressel said on his radio show the other day that foot-to-leather is at 3:42. He was also having a very hard time speaking...sounded like he had a chest cold of some sort. Hopefully that has cleared up by today.

LoganBuck
11-18-2006, 02:55 PM
I heard from my sister that the field is good, but a little soft. It will be interesting to watch if it comes down to a late field goal.

TeamCasey
11-18-2006, 04:34 PM
I have no allegiances. I'd put money on Michigan today.

Matt700wlw
11-18-2006, 06:09 PM
You'd be losing :D

TeamCasey
11-18-2006, 06:54 PM
It's not over til I sing. ;)

Matt700wlw
11-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Start warming up :)

TeamCasey
11-18-2006, 07:11 PM
:D Me me me me me me me

Hey ...... was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Matt700wlw
11-18-2006, 07:24 PM
What a game!!!

Matt700wlw
11-18-2006, 07:50 PM
And with the firt pick in the NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select, Troy Smith, Quarterback, Ohio State.

Poor kid...I'd hate to see him go to that armpit

TeamCasey
11-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Everybody loves a winner
So nobody loved me;
'Lady Peaceful,' 'Lady Happy,'
That's what I long to be
All the odds are in my favor
Something's bound to begin
It's got to happen, happen sometime
Maybe this time I'll win

TeamCasey
11-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Song sung blue
Everybody knows one
Song sung blue
Every garden grows one

Me and you are subject to the blues now and then
But when you take the blues and make a song
You sing them out again
Sing them out again

Song sung blue
Weeping like a willow
Song sung blue
Sleeping on my pillow

Funny thing, but you can sing it with a cry in your voice
And before you know it, start to feeling good
You simply got no choice

Song sung blue
Everybody knows one
Song sung blue
Every garden grows one

TeamCasey
11-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Theres a tear in my beer
cause Im cryin for you,
Dear you are on my lonely mind.
Into these last nine beers
I have shed a million tears.
You are on my lonely mind
Im gonna keep on sittin here
Until Im petriified.
And then maybe these tears
Will leave my eyes.
Theres a tear in my beer
cause Im crying for you, dear
You are on my lonely mind.

Matt700wlw
11-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Oh my!

42-39! Bad guys ;)

Matt700wlw
11-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Instant Classic!!!!

There is no reason why these 2 teams can't play again for all the marbles....what a game!!!

TeamCasey
11-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Awesome game!

pedro
11-18-2006, 08:16 PM
That was quite a game. Nice game plan for the Buckeyes. Bad defensive first half for Michigan.

Oh well.

Reds Fanatic
11-18-2006, 08:22 PM
What a classic game. By far the 2 best teams in college football this season.

RFS62
11-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Hell of a game.

ghettochild
11-18-2006, 08:29 PM
i don't watch college football and that was a good game

Spring~Fields
11-18-2006, 08:30 PM
One exciting game, pass me some Xanax!!! A double please

Never thought that Ohio State would give up the ball so much and the careless penalties giving Michigan a chance. I completely over estimated Michigan.

What a game!!

traderumor
11-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Michigan's offense was much better than I thought. In a world where so many times the event does not live up to the hype, I cannot think of anyone who could go away feeling cheated. What a game, so many great performances on both sides of the field. The defenses were both overmatched by the offenses. Hart was incredible, he was really the single individual that stuck out among so many incredible plays. The run by Chris Wells, well that is why he was considered the best back out there. Troy Smith was just on fire in the first half.

One negative comment and that is it. Kirk Herbstreit, in a really lame attempt at being unbiased, gave credit to the Michigan D coordinator for adjustments in the second half, although the only thing they did was follow the bouncing ball a couple of times when we put it on the ground. Their D was toasted all afternoon and the only time they stopped us was when we stopped ourselves. If he made an adjustment, it was not reflected in stopping the Buckeyes.

RedsBaron
11-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Hell of a game.

Yes it was-classic

GAC
11-18-2006, 09:16 PM
What a game!

When is the last time you saw a OSU-Michigan game put up 81 points?

Both of these teams were pulling out all the stops.

OSU tried to fumble it away in the 2nd half and, IMO, Lloyd Carr made some bad coaching decisions in that half too.

Michigan is a heck of a ballclub, but OSU let them back into this ball game.

There is no way that the BCS allows a rematch of these two in the NC game.

You just saw the NC game anyway. ;)

It'll be either USC or ND in the NC game, and that is sad if Rutgers wins out. But they have to get by WV first.

GAC
11-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Kirk Herbstreit, in a really lame attempt at being unbiased, gave credit to the Michigan D coordinator for adjustments in the second half, although the only thing they did was follow the bouncing ball a couple of times when we put it on the ground.

I picked up immediately on that too when he said it. What adjustments? :lol:

Heath
11-18-2006, 09:43 PM
It'll be either USC or ND in the NC game, and that is sad if Rutgers wins out. But they have to get by WV first.

UC is taking care of Rutgers right now.

I'm too hyped to type. Thank goodness it was at home. That was the difference. That and Shawn Crable's helmet to helmet hit.

RedFanAlways1966
11-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Great game! Got to wonder what the outcome would have been if not for the turnovers by OSU. Regardless... a win is still a win and this win guarantees a trip to AZ for the title.

Another nice outcome for me was the $50 I won when the halftime scored had my name on the 100-box game at the party I attended. :D

Reds Fanatic
11-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Currently Rutgers is down 17-3 to UC. If Rutgers loses that would eliminate them from the NC game.

USC is only up 3-2 on CAL. If USC loses that would eliminate them.
If ND loses to USC next week that would eliminate them.

Arkansas is still in it for the NC game but they still play LSU and the SEC Championship.

Florida still has the SEC Championship game left.

So there may not be many one loss teams left at the end of the year. So we could easily see a rematch in the championship game.

traderumor
11-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Currently Rutgers is down 17-3 to UC. If Rutgers loses that would eliminate them from the NC game.

USC is only up 3-2 on CAL. If USC loses that would eliminate them.
If ND loses to USC next week that would eliminate them.

Arkansas is still in it for the NC game but they still play LSU and the SEC Championship.

Florida still has the SEC Championship game left.

So there may not be many one loss teams left at the end of the year. So we could easily see a rematch in the championship game.
Yea, as is usually the case, the potential debates usually take care of themselves on the field. Louisville is probably not better than WV on a neutral field, but they did win, but their #3 rating was more a result of being ranked high early in the season and playing a soft schedule. I would say WV might be the most dangerous team of the 1 loss teams, but they are hardly getting any consideration. I think their offense would give the OSU D some fits and it would be another potential track meet like today.

wheels
11-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Wow.

Let the riots begin.

Last time this happened, I could see the light from the fires from my bedroom window.

MWM
11-18-2006, 10:31 PM
GO RUTGERS!!!!

MWM
11-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Rutgers getting spanked by UC tonight. That's too bad. I was hoping they'd win out and play the Bucks for it all. They'd deserve to go, but they'd also get demolished.

Reds Fanatic
11-18-2006, 10:58 PM
UC now up 27-3 on Rutgers late in the 3rd quarter.

USC is losing 9-6 to Cal at halftime.

vaticanplum
11-19-2006, 12:17 AM
Bearcats beat Rutgers 30-11. Wow, I skipped this game; now I'm sorry I did.

FoReel
11-19-2006, 02:03 AM
:D Me me me me me me me

Hey ...... was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Tell me your kidding?

paintmered
11-19-2006, 02:30 AM
Bearcats beat Rutgers 30-11. Wow, I skipped this game; now I'm sorry I did.

I don't want to hijack this thread: But....

Yes, you should be really sorry you missed out on it. Nippert was rocking tonight!

Oh, and there's a team in Cincy that can play some ball too. :)

As for OSU, what can you say about Troy Smith? He wrapped up the Heisman today. Every time Michigan closed the gap, Troy led his team down the field and responded. All that being said, if I am OSU, I don't want any part of Michigan in a rematch. It's hard to beat that quality of an opponent twice in a row - especially with 50 days to prepare for it. Congrats to all the OSU fans. Your team deserves everything they've earned this year.

MWM
11-19-2006, 02:32 AM
IAll that being said, if I am OSU, I don't want any part of Michigan in a rematch. It's hard to beat that quality of an opponent twice in a row - especially with 50 days to prepare for it.

No doubt. While I think USC is a really good team and could play with the Buckeyes, I'll be pulling for them against Notre Dame as I'd much rather see them than Michigan again.

GAC
11-19-2006, 06:20 AM
UC is taking care of Rutgers right now.

I'm too hyped to type. Thank goodness it was at home. That was the difference. That and Shawn Crable's helmet to helmet hit.

That 3 to 0 turnover ratio didn't hurt Michigan much.

And as far as I'm concerned, Michigan had nothing to do with forcing those turnovers. We shot ourselves in the foot.... and I wanted to shoot our Center. ;)

The interception gave it to Michigan on our 25, and they had to settle for a FG. The fumble gave it to Michigan on our 9, and they ran it in for a TD.

So they got 10 quick pts off of our own sloppiness and stupidity.

Matt700wlw
11-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Final score of the game... 42-39

Ohio Lottery pick 4 last night... 4,2,3,9

You can't make this stuff up

Spring~Fields
11-19-2006, 03:44 PM
That 3 to 0 turnover ratio didn't hurt Michigan much.

And as far as I'm concerned, Michigan had nothing to do with forcing those turnovers. We shot ourselves in the foot....

We can watch the films again, I am sure that they would be incontrovertible evidence that you sir are correct.

3 turnovers that Michigan did nothing to force, two penalties one roughing the center call and a pass interference call, and the five combined to give Michigan what field advantage and how many points did they score off of those self inflicted Ohio State gaffs? Without those self inflicted blunders, the score would be?

max venable
11-19-2006, 03:55 PM
We can watch the films again, I am sure that they would be incontrovertible evidence that you sir are correct.

3 turnovers that Michigan did nothing to force, two penalties one roughing the center call and a pass interference call, and the five combined to give Michigan what field advantage and how many points did they score off of those self inflicted Ohio State gaffs? Without those self inflicted blunders, the score would be?
Doesn't matter. We won. AND we are clearly the better team. Lloyd Carr said so himself.

How awesome is it to own U-M the way they owned us in the 90's? Have the tables turned or what? Man, it's great to be a Buckeye fan!

Reds Fanatic
11-19-2006, 04:22 PM
New AP poll is out. Michigan stays at #2. USC is 3 and Florida is 4.

New BCS will be out in about an hour.

Spring~Fields
11-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Doesn't matter. We won. AND we are clearly the better team. Lloyd Carr said so himself.

How awesome is it to own U-M the way they owned us in the 90's? Have the tables turned or what? Man, it's great to be a Buckeye fan!

Gosh I feel all terrible about the outcome Max, you know I do ......:evil:

max venable
11-19-2006, 09:51 PM
From ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2668566):
The No. 1 Buckeyes...became the first team to have a perfect score (1.000) under the BCS formula introduced in 2004. Ohio State is a unanimous No. 1 in the polls and the best team in the country according to the BCS computer ratings.

Pretty cool to be the first ever. :beerme:

gonelong
11-19-2006, 10:39 PM
The No. 1 Buckeyes...became the first team to have a perfect score (1.000) under the BCS formula introduced in 2004. Ohio State is a unanimous No. 1 in the polls and the best team in the country according to the BCS computer ratings.

If Ohio State wins the NC I think they will be considered one of the best teams of all time. They will have beaten 3 #2 teams this season, I haven't done the research but I can't image that has ever happened before.

Troy Smith has beaten Mich 3 times, he has hit legend status already. If he wins the NC then he moves to uber-legend. If they rematch with Mich and he beats them again for the NC he will skip legendary status and move directly to deity.

GL

LoganBuck
11-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Troy Smith will be bigger than Ditka!

Caseyfan21
11-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Troy Smith has beaten Mich 3 times, he has hit legend status already. If he wins the NC then he moves to uber-legend. If they rematch with Mich and he beats them again for the NC he will skip legendary status and move directly to deity.

GL

I would argue that Troy Smith has already cemented his place as the best quarterback in Ohio State history. He has all but wrapped up the Heisman this year. The selection committee ought to just invite only him to NYC to save travel costs for the other finalists. The only other OSU quarterback to win a Heisman was Les Horvath. His 30 touchdown passes this season gives him the single season record over Bobby Hoying's 29. His 2507 passing yards this year is behind only Germain, Hoying, and Schlichter. His 29 pass completions in the scUM game trail only Germaine and Schlichter for the single game record. His completion percentage of .67 is by far the best single season total easily passing Hoying's .619 total. His career completion percentage is also an easy number 1.

I'd say Germaine and Hoying have him for pure stats but Smith also has the rushing stats and he has competed in an offense that has been more run oriented than their offenses. If Tress aired it out more Smith would have scary stats as we saw yesterday in the scUM game.

But the real reason he will forever be remembered is the big 3-0 vs. Michigan while starting which has never been done. Troy Smith has a knack for rising to the occasion in huge games that I think is extremely rare. What other player can say he had his 3 biggest games in his team's 3 biggest games?

GAC
11-20-2006, 09:05 AM
New AP poll is out. Michigan stays at #2. USC is 3 and Florida is 4.

New BCS will be out in about an hour.

From ESPN....

Michigan-Ohio State II could get canceled by Southern California.

Michigan was impressive enough in a 42-39 loss to the Buckeyes to retain second place in the Bowl Championship Series standings released Sunday. But the Wolverines' margin is so slim that it'll be tough for them to get another shot at Ohio State in the national title game if the Trojans keep winning.

Michigan's BCS average was .926. The Trojans, who have two games left, were at .919.

What hurts Michigan is that their regular season is over. They can't add to the average/computer rankings.

USC can with 2 games left. They can easily vault/bump Michigan down.

So.... we all have to become ND fans when they face off against USC. :lol:

I'm not scared of a OSU-Michigan rematch. When you're the #1 team you can't be scared. I still think we would beat them, and by a wider margin. Michigan had no answer for the Buck's spread 5 receiver offense. We didn't use it as much in the 2nd half (which helped Michigan), and we uncharacteristically had some self-inflicted turnovers that hurt us.

But the bottomline is... I think Tressell & staff will out coach Carr & Co. ;)

max venable
11-20-2006, 09:39 AM
From ESPN....

Michigan was impressive enough in a 42-39 loss to the Buckeyes to retain second place in the Bowl Championship Series standings released Sunday.

If you consider surrendering over 40 points and 500 yards "impressive."

dabvu2498
11-20-2006, 09:58 AM
If you consider surrendering over 40 points and 500 yards "impressive."

How about surrendering 397 yards and 39 points?

registerthis
11-20-2006, 10:18 AM

Yeah, not exactly a pitcher's duel, was it?

GAC
11-20-2006, 10:29 AM

Exactly.

Thinking about it, the BCS has done the right thing, and if someone wants to suggest it, also been sly by keeping Michigan at #2.

The #2 team lost as close one to the #1 team, and most feel they should remain #2. Well, they are.

The BCS computer system will take care of the rest, and if I may interject.... will self-correct itself due to the fact that Michigan has no games left to tabulate and effect the equation, as USC and the others do.

Michigan is sitting basically helpless to the system, and it don't look good at this point.

Highlifeman21
11-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Anyone get a final tally on how many cars were burned after the game Saturday night?

I still remember vividly the 8 cars that were burned on 15th (IIRC) for the game Clarett played. 2002, IIRC.

GAC
11-20-2006, 10:44 AM
All I know is that I was no where knew there. ;)

dabvu2498
11-20-2006, 10:56 AM
All I know is that I was no where knew there. ;)

That reminds me of one of my best friend's saying: "We have no beer here, but we have near beer near here."

I only got to watch the last quarter and a half of this game and it was tremendously exciting to watch, but I kept thinking to myself, "the best teams in the country play better defense than this."

I know a big part of that has to do with my SEC vs. Big 10 bias, but I still can't help but feel this way.

Certainly, OSU has proven that they are the best team in the country, no question.

Any "rematch" or matchup with another team for that matter, will be a considerable let-down 51 days after this past Saturday.

Cedric
11-20-2006, 11:07 AM
That reminds me of one of my best friend's saying: "We have no beer here, but we have near beer near here."

I only got to watch the last quarter and a half of this game and it was tremendously exciting to watch, but I kept thinking to myself, "the best teams in the country play better defense than this."

I know a big part of that has to do with my SEC vs. Big 10 bias, but I still can't help but feel this way.

Certainly, OSU has proven that they are the best team in the country, no question.

Any "rematch" or matchup with another team for that matter, will be a considerable let-down 51 days after this past Saturday.

You root for the SEC? You probably just forgot what good offenses look like.

There isn't a team in the SEC with even 3/4 the talent of TOSU on offense.

Johnny Footstool
11-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Was it just me, or was Chad Henne ridiculously inconsistent with his passing? One minute, he's zipping a perfect pass to a double-covered receiver, and the next minute he's overthowing a wide-open man by 8 yards.

registerthis
11-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Was it just me, or was Chad Henne ridiculously inconsistent with his passing? One minute, he's zipping a perfect pass to a double-covered receiver, and the next minute he's overthowing a wide-open man by 8 yards.

The way he was throwing on UM's first drive had me very concerned, he was right on target with everything. Fortunately, that didn't continue. I think "inconsistent" is a good way to describe it.

Red Leader
11-20-2006, 11:47 AM
The way he was throwing on UM's first drive had me very concerned, he was right on target with everything. Fortunately, that didn't continue. I think "inconsistent" is a good way to describe it.

To Henne's credit, he played a good game from start to finish. He had a lot more pressure to deal with than Smith did (unfortunately). That over-throw to Manningham was simply a bad pass. He had him wide open. I think he shat himself when he saw him break loose. He normally hits that throw. I've seen him do it 7-8 times this year.

Even if you are an OSU fan, you have to admit some of the completions Henne made after that second series were impressive. The TD to Arrington and Ecker specifically were real good throws. He also made several difficult across the field throws to Manningham and Breaston that were right on target.

Johnny Footstool
11-20-2006, 11:57 AM
To Henne's credit, he played a good game from start to finish. He had a lot more pressure to deal with than Smith did (unfortunately). That over-throw to Manningham was simply a bad pass. He had him wide open. I think he shat himself when he saw him break loose. He normally hits that throw. I've seen him do it 7-8 times this year.

Even if you are an OSU fan, you have to admit some of the completions Henne made after that second series were impressive. The TD to Arrington and Ecker specifically were real good throws. He also made several difficult across the field throws to Manningham and Breaston that were right on target.

I remember several throws that made my friends and I shake out heads and ask why the announcers were so high on Henne. Yes, he made more good throws than bad, but his bad throws were ridiculously bad. *Ridonkulously* bad, even.

joshnky
11-20-2006, 12:00 PM

I just want to point out the huge media bias that surrounds this game. When the University of Louisville beat WVU in a shootout earlier the talking heads on ESPN and other stations claimed that neither team was very good because they couldn't play defense. Now we've seen a similar shootout between OSU and Michigan not to mention last years title game and all everyone can talk about is how great the offenses are. I'm not saying that UofL or WVU is as good as either of these teams but that great offenses are impossible to stop unless they turn the ball over (which nearly did OSU in).

And I want to second the thought that the SECs defenses are very good but they only look great because they get to play SEC offenses.

dabvu2498
11-20-2006, 12:01 PM
You root for the SEC? You probably just forgot what good offenses look like.

There isn't a team in the SEC with even 3/4 the talent of TOSU on offense.

Maybe, but I do remember what good defense looks like. I didn't see any from 3:30-7:00 on Saturday... except in the Bama-Auburn game.

Cedric
11-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Maybe, but I do remember what good defense looks like. I didn't see any from 3:30-7:00 on Saturday... except in the Bama-Auburn game.

Haha. Bama and Auburn are horrible. Auburn get's lit up every other week. They have a horrendous defense.

The SEC defense stuff is just hype. I've watched Auburn and Georgia play this season and they are just bad teams.

Cedric
11-20-2006, 12:13 PM
I just want to point out the huge media bias that surrounds this game. When the University of Louisville beat WVU in a shootout earlier the talking heads on ESPN and other stations claimed that neither team was very good because they couldn't play defense. Now we've seen a similar shootout between OSU and Michigan not to mention last years title game and all everyone can talk about is how great the offenses are. I'm not saying that UofL or WVU is as good as either of these teams but that great offenses are impossible to stop unless they turn the ball over (which nearly did OSU in).

And I want to second the thought that the SECs defenses are very good but they only look great because they get to play SEC offenses.

It's about the body of work and not just one game. WVU and Louisville struggle every game to stop other teams.

max venable
11-20-2006, 12:15 PM

'scuse me...did I ever say it was impressive?

joshnky
11-20-2006, 12:16 PM
It's about the body of work and not just one game. WVU and Louisville struggle every game to stop other teams.

I agree with that for the most part. However, an unbiased media would have given more credit to two offenses that can score on anyone.

traderumor
11-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Maybe, but I do remember what good defense looks like. I didn't see any from 3:30-7:00 on Saturday... except in the Bama-Auburn game.That's more a function of two bad offenses.

traderumor
11-20-2006, 12:25 PM
I agree with that for the most part. However, an unbiased media would have given more credit to two offenses that can score on anyone.How do we know that they can score on anyone? Neither has played any of the teams that you are saying the media is biased toward.

joshnky
11-20-2006, 12:26 PM

Lets see who the SEC has beaten in nonconference this year. Your top team, Arkansas lost 50-14 to USC at home. Florida has played Southern Miss, Central Flroida and Western Michigan. LSU played Louisianna -Lafayette, Arizona, Tulane and Fresno St. all at home. Auburn played Wash St., Buffalo, Tulane and Ark St. all at home. The only quality win by the conference was Ten 35-14 over Cal and I don't think you'll rave too much about Tennessee or Cal.

Until the SEC beats a quality team on the road (or even at home), we won't know how good those defenses are.

Heath
11-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Until the SEC beats a quality team on the road (or even at home), we won't know how good those defenses are.

Wait 'till Spurrier & Carolina beats Clemson at Death Valley on Saturday.

(Memo to writerdan - i'm sure the supersports FM just got a big chuckle out of that one. Sorry - I'll expect neg reps soon) :D

registerthis
11-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Florida has played Southern Miss, Central Flroida and Western Michigan.

Don't forget Western Carolina. Bet that one had the swamp quaking in their boots.

joshnky
11-20-2006, 12:34 PM
How do we know that they can score on anyone? Neither has played any of the teams that you are saying the media is biased toward.

You're right that they haven't played OSU or Michigan, but the schedule is hardly UofL's fault. When they scheduled Kansas St. and Miami those were top teams but they've fallen off of late. (I will say that it is ridiculous that UofL beat KSt on the road with their backup QB by two touchdowns and a 2-loss Texas is still ranked above them.) They were supposed to have a home and home series with Georgia Tech, Vandy, and UT starting in the next two years but all three have backed out of the deals. Its hard to get a great schedule when no one will play you.

I'm not saying that UofL should be top five or anything like that. They blew their chance on that one. I'm just saying they don't get respect because they're not a traditional power.

registerthis
11-20-2006, 12:35 PM
How do we know that they can score on anyone? Neither has played any of the teams that you are saying the media is biased toward.

...and Louisville didn't exactly light it up against a Rutgers defense that just gave up 30 points to Cincinnati.

dabvu2498
11-20-2006, 12:40 PM
If your team had to play an SEC schedule, they'd make their nonconference fairly easy too.

paintmered
11-20-2006, 12:40 PM
...and Louisville didn't exactly light it up against a Rutgers defense that just gave up 30 points to Cincinnati.

In their defense, it was really only 23. 7 points came from a pick-six. :)

joshnky
11-20-2006, 12:45 PM
If your team had to play an SEC schedule, they'd make their nonconference fairly easy too.

How do we know if the SEC teams are all great or just average when they don't play anyone else. This argument is pretty pointless now. We'll see how they perform this year in the BCS bowls. If they do well, Ill give them their props.

joshnky
11-20-2006, 12:47 PM

And OSU didn't exactly light up an Illinois team that Rutgers blew out earlier in the year. Weird things happen in road conference games.

We'll just have to see what happens. If things work out the way they should, UofL should get the Big East's BCS bid. We'll see how they fare in that situation.

registerthis
11-20-2006, 12:55 PM
And OSU didn't exactly light up an Illinois team that Rutgers blew out earlier in the year. Weird things happen in road conference games.

They didn't have to. The main difference between the two games being, of course, is that one team won while the other lost.

I agree that it is difficult for "unheralded" teams to gain respect in college football. There's really no question about that, and it's one of my largest criticisms of the game. But I don't agree that Louisville is necessarily being overlooked. They're a good--but not great--team.

Unassisted
11-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Anyone get a final tally on how many cars were burned after the game Saturday night?

I still remember vividly the 8 cars that were burned on 15th (IIRC) for the game Clarett played. 2002, IIRC.

None. And there was just one overturned car.

http://www.dispatch.com/news-story.php?story=dispatch/2006/11/20/20061120-A1-02.html

Spring~Fields
11-20-2006, 02:41 PM
None. And there was just one overturned car.

http://www.dispatch.com/news-story.php?story=dispatch/2006/11/20/20061120-A1-02.html

Would that be LLoyd Carr on his way to the National Championship? :devil: