PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent signings?

jamess697
11-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Here are some free agents that I would like to see us go after.
The main free agent in my mind is Juan Pierre. He could give us great defense in center, he gets on base and steals bases. He had a somewhat bad year in Chicago, but when he is on he sets everything up for the homerun guys. But here is some under the radar guys to watch out for:

SP Kip Wells
RP Steve Cline
RP JC Romero
SP Randy Wolf
2B Jose Valentin

This list would not cost all that much and would sure up every hole we have except closer. Maybe we trade for one or sign either Gagne or Weathers, but we could use this list.

Joseph
11-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Valentin resigned with the Metropolitans today.

jamess697
11-13-2006, 08:39 PM
That's to bad, I think he would have been huge at second for us. Plus it would have been something to watch he and Javier playing together.

mth123
11-13-2006, 08:54 PM
I like Wolf in the right deal. He'll probably cost too much though.

NJReds
11-14-2006, 10:08 AM
That's to bad, I think he would have been huge at second for us. Plus it would have been something to watch he and Javier playing together.

Word is Mets still might sign Aurilia and use Valentin in a utility role.

I'm not sure why so much love for Valentin. He's very streaky, and after a torrid hot streak, basically disappeared in Sept. and Oct. for the Mets.

Degenerate39
11-14-2006, 12:48 PM
I'd like to get Pierre and Wolf. Pierre would make Griffey play Right and hopefully cut down on his injuries. And he'd provide a good lead off hitter. Then the move could put Freel at 2nd base and BP at short.

NJReds
11-14-2006, 01:02 PM
As I said in another thread. I think we could boost the offense at a bargain rate by bringing in Trot Nixon and Craig Wilson. Nixon is good with the glove, as well.