PDA

View Full Version : Chris Perry...get real...(accuses Tressel of cheating) must be Michigan week

max venable
11-15-2006, 12:51 PM
NFL ROUNDUP: Bengals' Perry rips OSU's coach, QB

November 15, 2006

CINCINNATI -- Former Michigan star running back Chris Perry trashed Ohio State coach Jim Tressel and quarterback Troy Smith while he made a prediction for the Big Game between the Wolverines and Buckeyes on Saturday.

"It's a blowout," Perry told the Dayton (Ohio) Daily News. "Ain't no ifs, ands or buts about it. (Defensive tackle Alan) Branch is going to knock the stuffing out of -- what's his name -- Troy Smith. You all set that (Heisman Trophy talk) up anyway. That's some B.S. to begin with.

"He shouldn't even win the Heisman. He's not going to win his league or the national championship. We all know what's going to happen. We're going to win it. It's been long overdue. Tressel's been cheating. So, hey, we're going to keep it real. There ain't nothing else to say."

LINK (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061115/SPORTS11/611150382/1054/SPORTS06)
I was starting to warm up to him till this nonsense. Tressel cheats? Come on. What a bone-headed accusation to make.

Yes, U of M fans, this guys represents your school. Why am I not surprised?

dabvu2498
11-15-2006, 12:58 PM

And Mo Clarett represents OSU??? What???

bucksfan
11-15-2006, 01:00 PM
If he was even at all serious with those comments, he is a real piece of work. I can see blabbing on about "the other team" in jest, as well all do, and of course it is fine to believe your team is better and will win. But the stuff about Tressel and Smith just make him look like an idiot.

westofyou
11-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Yes, U of M fans, this guys represents your school. Why am I not surprised?Poor OSU, someone doesn't like them.

Red Leader
11-15-2006, 01:02 PM

Ahh, taking the innocent "whatever could he mean" route. Probably the stance I'd take, too. ;)

As for what Chris Perry said, he's a UM grad, of course he's going to say that Michigan will win, that you shouldn't be surprised about.

As for his quote about Tressel cheating, he was on the team that had its bus searched by drug dogs before the last UM-OSU game in Columbus. I'd have some ill will towards a coach if they pulled that crap on me before a big game. That's a little different than painting the opposing teams locker room pink...

bucksfan
11-15-2006, 01:05 PM

Maurice's actions and representation of Ohio State are reprehensible and most Buckeye fans would agree I think. Both Ohio State and tsun have had examples of poor representation in the past. And to Perry's credit, he only uttered silly words.

Red Leader
11-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Do we not all understand that once you are an Ohio State player or a Michigan player, you are always an OSU or UM player? No matter how long its been since you last wore their uniform, it has been inbred into you to hate the other team? That never goes away. A good friend of mine from high school, his Dad played for Woody Hayes at Ohio State. His Dad *hates* Michigan. Always has, always will. He kicked me out of his house several times when I had a Michigan shirt, sweatshirt, or hat on and cussed at me while doing it, something along the lines of "Get the $#$ out of my house with that (%%^ on and don't ever think you can come back in my house, or even on my property with it on." I was in high school at the time, a sophmore, and he wasn't kidding. There was no laughing involved. His son apologized to me about it, but said "he's not kidding around, don't do that again." Of couse, I tried it a couple times, and each time I was thrown out of his house. I respect that now. I understand it. It *never* goes away.

Pretty much all of what Chris Perry said above, I'm sure, can be attributed to much of the same attitude. We all know that the UM-OSU game is not going to be a blowout. Almost all of us would be shocked if it was. That part of it was just humor, I'm sure. You can take it as arrogance if you really want to, but I'm guessing part of it is humor, and the other part is pride.

macro
11-15-2006, 01:28 PM
I'd like to see a clip of him saying this before making a judgement. Could he have been talking smack in jest, as bucksfan mentioned?

dabvu2498
11-15-2006, 01:32 PM
I'd like to see a clip of him saying this before making a judgement. Could he have been talking smack in jest, as bucksfan mentioned?

I agree... still, throwing out the "cheater" card is pretty serious, even if it is maybe true... *cough* Youngstown State *cough*

Chip R
11-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Anyone of you ever accuse a rival school of cheating on a message board or just amongst friends? That's all Perry is doing. He probably has no more idea that Tressel cheats than you or I do. All it is is talk and just because he has some level of fame, doesn't mean he has any more insight than any one of us do.

Yachtzee
11-15-2006, 01:57 PM
When we were kids, the best way to deal with someone who kept beating you all the time was to call them a "cheater." ;)

traderumor
11-15-2006, 02:02 PM
I saw Bo doing a press conference yesterday that sounded like Bizzaro Woody Hayes--a bitter old man who still hates the Buckeyes. He joked "he escaped Columbus after six (?) years..." He brought up the bus search also. Good stuff. I say they step it up to a full body and cavity search on LLLLoyd this year. Maybe they'll find what's lodged that causes him to get that look and causes the constant whining to the officials.

pedro
11-15-2006, 02:27 PM
What I really want to know is why Tressel wears those silly sweater vests?

I think it's a cover up.

He wants everyone to think he's Ward Cleaver instead of Jerry Tarkanian.

I'm not fooled ;)

LoganBuck
11-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Chris Perry has a deep seeded hatred of Ohio State. That is a known fact. He was recruited by John Cooper to be "the next Eddie George" supposedly committed to Ohio State, and all the while was secretly committed to Michigan. His mother was also heavily involved in his recruitment and condoned such activities. Cooper invested alot of time and effort recruiting him while he was already secretly off the market. Cooper really felt the brunt of this because this was back during the Johnathon Wells, Derek Combs, and whoever else era at running back. He desperately needed a good RB recruit. He later added all everything recruit Sam Maldanado who was thought to be the top RB recruit. Obviously he was a massive bust.

traderumor
11-15-2006, 02:40 PM
LoganBuck,

Is that quote from Henne for real? :lol:

SeeinRed
11-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Chris Perry has a deep seeded hatred of Ohio State. That is a known fact. He was recruited by John Cooper to be "the next Eddie George" supposedly committed to Ohio State, and all the while was secretly committed to Michigan. His mother was also heavily involved in his recruitment and condoned such activities. Cooper invested alot of time and effort recruiting him while he was already secretly off the market. Cooper really felt the brunt of this because this was back during the Johnathon Wells, Derek Combs, and whoever else era at running back. He desperately needed a good RB recruit. He later added all everything recruit Sam Maldanado who was thought to be the top RB recruit. Obviously he was a massive bust.

All is fair until he signs that letter. You don't stop recruiting a position when you get a player anyway. You should always look for more help. Nothing is certain with High School players that come into college. Especially when an injury can cost them 1/4 of their eligibility.

LoganBuck
11-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Yep, I heard it directly from his mouth yesterday on 1460. They were having a good chuckle over it.

LoganBuck
11-15-2006, 02:46 PM
All is fair until he signs that letter. You don't stop recruiting a position when you get a player anyway. You should always look for more help. Nothing is certain with High School players that come into college. Especially when an injury can cost them 1/4 of their eligibility.

True, but from my understanding it was malicious. Like you said all is fair in recruiting, that just didn't seem proper.

max venable
11-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Actually, no, he's not representing them to the media right now...saying stuff like Chris Perry is saying. Say what you want about Clarett, he is a world class idiot, but I never heard him accuse Lloyd Carr of cheating.

Ahh, taking the innocent "whatever could he mean" route. Probably the stance I'd take, too. ;)

As for what Chris Perry said, he's a UM grad, of course he's going to say that Michigan will win, that you shouldn't be surprised about.

As for his quote about Tressel cheating, he was on the team that had its bus searched by drug dogs before the last UM-OSU game in Columbus. I'd have some ill will towards a coach if they pulled that crap on me before a big game. That's a little different than painting the opposing teams locker room pink...
You call yourself a Michigan fan and you don't even know when your boys played for your team? Perry was NOT on the 2004 team. He was a rookie with the Bengals then. But again...should I be surprised that U of M fans don't really know their stuff? :evil:

Red Leader
11-15-2006, 03:52 PM
You call yourself a Michigan fan and you don't even know when your boys played for your team? Perry was NOT on the 2004 team. He was a rookie with the Bengals then. But again...should I be surprised that U of M fans don't really know their stuff? :evil:

No dont' be surprised. Ohio State fans are the only ones that know everything about their team. After all, they should, they spend every week of the year talking about them, mostly to people who could care less what they have to say.

max venable
11-15-2006, 03:57 PM
No dont' be surprised. Ohio State fans are the only ones that know everything about their team. After all, they should, they spend every week of the year talking about them, mostly to people who could care less what they have to say.

Ahhh....I love Michigan week. :D

Spring~Fields
11-15-2006, 04:04 PM
edit

traderumor
11-15-2006, 04:15 PM
No dont' be surprised. Ohio State fans are the only ones that know everything about their team. After all, they should, they spend every week of the year talking about them, mostly to people who could care less what they have to say.That's a really funny post on this board, where folks discuss everything but jock size of the Reds' players, and now that Dick Pole is on staff, that has even been a topic of conversation.

guttle11
11-15-2006, 04:18 PM
If you ain't cheatin, you ain't winning...

They all cheat. All of them. Let's put that talk to rest.

Let's focus on the good of someone, like developing football players into pros/graduating them and setting them up for success in life. Tressel does that.

traderumor
11-15-2006, 04:22 PM
If you ain't cheatin, you ain't winning...

They all cheat. All of them. Let's put that talk to rest.

Is that like all guys cheat on their wives? Or that all people cheat on their taxes? Universals are never true :evil:

Caseyfan21
11-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Haha :laugh:

Chris Perry, what a funny guy. I have a feeling good ol Chris is just feeling a little jealousy because Tress and Troy have made it a habit of out-coaching and out-playing his alma mater the past few years.

If ya can't beat 'em, accuse them of cheating!

The even funnier thing is Troy Smith has probably already had a better career than Perry in terms of national recognition. If Perry doesn't start producing soon, he will probably go down as a 1st round draft bust. While Troy probably won't do much in the NFL, he will end his OSU career as arguably the best quarterback in school history and hopefully win 2 national championships to go with a Heisman.

That's more than Perry ever did.

Caseyfan21
11-15-2006, 04:32 PM

I'm damn proud to show my school colors and talk OSU football (or any sport) any day of the year. I also attend games and support the basketball team, baseball team, softball team, and others. There are OSU sporting events year round and many fans loyally follow every team. OSU has some of the best fans in the country that follow the team year round and just because a few are arrogant doesn't mean you should make generalizations about everyone.

westofyou
11-15-2006, 04:35 PM

You guys come up with that one during the Cooper years?

GAC
11-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Chris who???

Talk about cheating. Looking at his performance as a Bengal, and lets talk about who got cheated. ;)

Looks like he's trying to pull someone else's groin beside his own.

ochre
11-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Seems pretty obvious now (and then even) that Marvin made the wrong Gamble.

TC81190
11-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Haha :laugh:

Chris Perry, what a funny guy. I have a feeling good ol Chris is just feeling a little jealousy because Tress and Troy have made it a habit of out-coaching and out-playing his alma mater the past few years.

The even funnier thing is Troy Smith has probably already had a better career than Perry in terms of national recognition. If Perry doesn't start producing soon, he will probably go down as a 1st round draft bust. While Troy probably won't do much in the NFL, he will end his OSU career as arguably the best quarterback in school history and hopefully win 2 national championships to go with a Heisman.

That's more than Perry ever did.

Why won't Troy do anything in the NFL? (I'm dead serious, I know nothkng about any of this.)

Also, yeah, Perry has been a bust.

Virginia Beach Reds
11-15-2006, 10:39 PM
This talk is ridiculous.

the enquirer reporter was trying to find ANYTHING to add to the paper yesterday. I took his comments in a purely joking manner. Of course, Tressel doesn't cheat. He's a great coach.

I'm a Michigan fan...have always been.

And that talk of Perry messing Coopers RB recruiting schedule happens ALMOST EVERY DAY in recruiting.

I want to see a great game and hope that the team that I support doesn't get cavity searched this year like 2 years ago. I also hope that new turf will have rooted by 3 on saturday.
Go blue.

GAC
11-16-2006, 03:53 PM
LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/1999/1218/photo/s_mich.jpg

paintmered
11-16-2006, 04:03 PM
This thread reminds me of the majority of political threads we've locked over the years. Change the school names to presidential candidates and there ya go.

max venable
11-16-2006, 04:59 PM
This thread reminds me of the majority of political threads we've locked over the years. Chance the school names to presidential candidates and there ya go.

That happy trigger-finger of yours is just itchin' to close one down, isn't it? :D

Joseph
11-16-2006, 05:19 PM
This thread reminds me of the majority of political threads we've locked over the years. Chance the school names to presidential candidates and there ya go.

My thoughts exactly.

I hate both OSU and Michigan equally. A kid I used to watch [while working in a computer lab in college] now goes to Michigan as an offensive lineman. I hated his dad, so that now transfers to UM. OSU I've never liked, no real reason, not that anyone needs a reason to dislike OSU.

;)

Just saying.

GAC
11-16-2006, 08:33 PM

Hey! It's not our fault the Bearcats suck! :lol:

Ya wanna really blow this thread wide open? Lets talk Bengals-Browns-Steelers!

paintmered
11-16-2006, 11:25 PM
That happy trigger-finger of yours is just itchin' to close one down, isn't it? :D

Nope. I was just commenting on an observation. We've got rules against political threads, not against rivalry games. ;)